Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tesco ClubCard Tokens and EuroTunnel - FlexiPlus Bookings Restriction

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this is already widely known but...
ClubCard Voucher users considering making a EuroTunnel booking using the FlexiFare, you may wish to know that I've discovered that there is a restriction mentioned in the PDF fine print.

"FlexiFare bookings must be made by 29th February 2008 for travel at any time" Sad

Tesco closing another 'Deal' option? There is 3 months to run yet but I know many snowHead use this fare and maybe book within the last month.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BMF_Skier wrote:
Sorry if this is already widely known but...
ClubCard Voucher users considering making a EuroTunnel booking using the FlexiFare, you may wish to know that I've discovered that there is a restriction mentioned in the PDF fine print.

"FlexiFare bookings must be made by 29th February 2008 for travel at any time" Sad

Tesco closing another 'Deal' option? There is 3 months to run yet but I know many snowHead use this fare and maybe book within the last month.

Why would anyone book a Flexiplus journey anyway? Standard fares offer huge flexibility at a massive discount to the Flexiplus fare?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gwaelod, never seen the point of the flexi fare.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So I guess the replies mean..... I'm not interested then?
Hey ho.....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BMF_Skier,

Sorry you misunderstood what we said. What we are asking is why would you want to buy a flexiplus ticket. It is at least twice the price of a standard return? Its not a criticism just a genuine question? Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I was just pointing out a situation that is not clearly obvious on the initial order page. I though it would be 'useful' if I pointed this out. I should have put a smiley face on my reply though! wink
Standard fare flexibilty refers to your booking 'not being valid' if you check in after the scheduled departure time, they also refer to a charge being applicable.

Despite what the say in the T&C's I'm uncertain of how they'll respond with a late arrival, any one any experience of this?

If I'm gong to use the tunnel, my window of arrival could be any time from 20:00 on a Sunday upto 20:00 on a Monday. All depends on the weather on my last day, if it's good i'll stay in resort another day. 8 weeks 5 days, not that i'm counting..... Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BMF_Skier, most of us don't have that luxury, but this quote below is from the Standard fare information

Quote:
Great value fares where savings can be made by booking well in advance, or by travelling at less busy times.
More flexibility - whilst only valid for the booked departure time we will, at no extra charge, transfer you to a space on the next available shuttle if you arrive at Check-In within 2 hours of your booked departure time

* price includes vehicle and all passengers
* amendments are subject to conditions and charges
* non refundable

and it does mean 2 hours after as well as 2 hours before. Lots of others have experience of stretching this further.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BMF_Skier, In practice through the Summer if you arrive late / Early (and I have arrived 12 hours early) the computer simply puts you on the next train (and offers you your original time if early)
BUT the software has the facility to charge you.
During the summer it simply said 'at no extra charge' below the £0.00 field.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
T&C's do also say that you can exchange the ticket up to 24 hours after departure time, but that you may be charged a fee. I suppose it will depend on how full the train you arrive for is.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
When we went through the tunnel the other week, there is now an automated check-in for pre-booked tickets (don't know if they had it last year, haven't used the tunnel for a couple of years) and it gave other train time options with a cost of £ 0.00 as we were within our booked window. As they also had a credit card slot for identification if you didn't use the reservation number, I presume they have the facility to charge via credit card if the train you are going to get on is in a higher price/later time bracket?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BMF_Skier, I've been 4 hours late on standard ticket and was ok
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I came back 24 hours early on a standard ticket because one of my group was unwell. Rang Eurotunnel as we were driving across France and they were sympathetic - made a note on our booking record and we checked in as normal and weren't charged any fee to change the crossing. Good customer service I thought.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
eng_ch, yes, apparently they do, but I have never been charged anything.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
I came back 24 hours early on a standard ticket because one of my group was unwell. Rang Eurotunnel as we were driving across France and they were sympathetic - made a note on our booking record and we checked in as normal and weren't charged any fee to change the crossing. Good customer service I thought.

Happened to me as well. Great customer services.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got there early by 5 hours (driving too fast then?) first week in january last year on standard ticket..I had to wait 5 hours in the carpark as all the trains were booked..if I'd paid for a flexifare I may have been ok so maybe it is worth it..what if I'd arrived late for example? No idea of what they'd have done then.
latest report
cfc5mu0,

A trick I used when travelling the other week. The night before we left I went on line and tried to book tickets for the time we were travelling. All times around when we left still had tickets for sale, I even double checked at 6.30am on the morning we set of for a 4 hour drive there and tickets were on sale for all trains except one. Got there and got on an early train no issue.

Next time travellling try buying on line the day before and you can save yourself some wasted hours or not Cool Laughing
snow report
gwaelod, I think the problem here is the fact that he was not within his two hour window . For 5 hours early, I think you would need to exchange the ticket, and wouldn't just be able to book in early.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, I'm not sure that is true. My experience is that if they have space then they get you on. It makes sense to do that....as they may be able to sell your space on a later train.

I've arrived 12 hours early and been allowed straight on.
ski holidays
Quote:

if they have space then they get you on

I think that's the bottom line

The only time I haven't been able to travel early was Christmas Eve and all trains were full
snow report
Boris,

and mine, so do a dummy buy online before you travel and you can see for free if there are any trains full wink Cool
latest report
Elizabeth B, but perhaps becasue the trains were busy the system wasn't able to do it automatically.
snow conditions
I've checked this with eurotunnel several times, because they are so flexible about the cheap fares that it's hard to believe you've got it right. Also hard to believe that anyone would buy the much more expensive Flexiplus. If you arrive early (even a week early!) you can get on if there's space, but may have to pay the extra if it is a more expensive time of day. The ticket is valid up to 24 hours AFTER your booked time - whether you can get on will depend on whether trains are full. And I guess that if they are, no amount of expensive tickets will squeeze you on.

If you are NOT going to arrive within the 24 hours after, all you have to do is ring up and amend the time to a later date. If you're not sure when you'll travel, you can just do it again later.

I've never had the slightest problem with this. However, a friend who just decided to turn up and pay on the day was charged an arm and a leg. Book well in advance, it's much cheaper, the times are flexible and the whole process seems hassle free.
ski holidays
and with clubcard vouchers you get 75% of the price. Bargain snowHead
snow report
pam w, I have changed our original departure date by three days (last Christmas). I'd forgotten about this before. So I don't think it is any hardship not being offered the Flexifare any longer. My recent booking cost me nothing. I had Clubcard vouchers to cover the whole cost (although they initially told me I couldn't use them for the pets fee.)
ski holidays
What was bloody annoying the other week was that we arrived in plenty of time for our booked train on the way home, had booked for high vehicles and were issued with the appropriate letter. When we finally got to the lanes, they refused to let us go in high vehicles, saying we'd have to wait for the next train if we had insisted, shoved us over to the normal height lane and we were *still* two trains late. Yet we had booked the space on that train in that section! So who got our booked space??
snow report
Quote:

and with clubcard vouchers you get 75% of the price

75% OFF the price. eng_ch, don't quite follow that. Are you saying that you weren't a high vehicle but had booked as one?
snow report
pam w,

Sorry, English is my 3rd language behind Irish and swearing NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
pam w, we have a Mercedes ML and we have always booked in high vehicles with a 4x4 as it is otherwise extremely tight to get them in the ordinary section and holds everyone else up while manoevring, and this was the first time in the best part of 10 years that it has been questioned. As it happened, the staff were correct that we could get in the ordinary section but we hadn't known that. But that was beside the point - we had our space booked and paid for on that train in that section, so why were we booted? And also the implication was that if we gave up our high vehicle space we would deffo be on our booked train - and then we weren't.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote]
And also the implication was that if we gave up our high vehicle space we would deffo be on our booked train - and then we weren't.
that must have been a pain. We were held up once earlier this year by a load of idiots doing the Monte Carlo rally. We were in plenty of time, booked in, etc but they were all finding themselves so amusing hooting and revving and buggering about that they created a lot of obstruction and general havoc and we (and a lot of other ordinary travellers) had to wait for the next train. They were mostly sort of balding middle aged Hooray Henrys who thought they had a right to make everyone else wait while they tried to jockey their friends into the queue behind them and generally behaved like complete tits. They probably go to Val D'Isere most winters... wink I thought eurotunnel should have been much firmer with them. But we were not much delayed, at the end of the day. I suspect that it would have made no difference if we'd paid for a fancier ticket, either.
latest report
While I have the greatest respect for their flexibility - on the down side there has been the odd occassion, usually early morning, when trains suddenly don't exist as they merge two crossings into one
latest report
gwaelod, you can get your trip for free. £1 of Clubcard vouchers is worth £4 off a eurotunnel crossing. Your clubcard vouchers don't cost you anything do they? If you don't use a clubcard your shopping isn't cheaper. You simply use as many vouchers as you have to pay for it (convert them online to Clubcard deals first) up to the full value of the fare.
snow report
The best innovation by Eurotunnel has been getting rid of Mc Donalds at the Calais terminal! Very Happy
ski holidays
My concern is the first comment. Are Tesco going to 'close' the deal with Eurotunnel? A bit like the XL flights and other useful ways of getting cheap holidays. I save up the clubcard vouchers so me and the other Pitchski's can do the holiday thing with a few discounts. We have used Eurotunnel and been generally happy. It would be a costly pain if the deal ended and I had to look at the floaty boaty option.
snow report
pitchski wrote:
It would be a costly pain if the deal ended and I had to look at the floaty boaty option.

The Dover Calais 'floaty boaty' option is already stopped being available with Clubcard. Some other routes are available though...
latest report
pitchski, no sign yet they are going to close the option, only that you can't pay for flexiplus tickets with them.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont,

Not quite as the vouchers have a true vlaue in Tecos as cash against purchases. So while £25 of clubcard vocuhers is worth £100 of clubcard Eurotunnel vouchers you could sepnd that £25 in Tesco so your saving in only £75 not £100 i.e. 75% off the price.
ski holidays
how much do you have to spend in tescos to get what value of ticket?
snow conditions
CANV CANVINGTON, £1 gives you 1 Tesco point. 250 points gives you a £2.50 voucher. There are often bonus points available if you use Tesco's home delivery service, and occasioally you get vouchers for bonus points for in-store shopping.
latest report
CANV CANVINGTON, If you get no bonnuses, then the face value is 1% of what you have spent (so 4% if converted to "deals" such as the Eurotunnel tickets).

But there are ferquent additional bonus points, both on immediate in-store offers, plus on additional vouchers that you get printed with your receipts, and you also get clubcard points at various other outlets, such as Nationwide Autocentres.
snow report
Go to this website and get lots of codes Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

http://tescovouchercodes.blogspot.com/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy