Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys Snow Watch

Poster: A snowHead
Marcus, 27mm of rain at 1300m on Sunday night, warm temperatures not looking good
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrisb, well as long as it doesn't get much higher..... Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some indicators suggesting that the freezing line may well get up to about 1800m in the 3Vs over the weekend with some fairly heavy precipitation due. Reports are a little conflicting, but that may well mean some not insignificant rain Crying or Very sad

Still, Val T might be worth heading for.... snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SCGB 3-day forecast suggests that freezing level will be at 2450m possibly on Sunday night with "moderate" rain.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Marcus, Hope you have a good trip
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Been blowing a gale in VT for the last 2 days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnnyboy, yeah I looked at the live lift opening reoprt on valthorens.com today at work and there was one lift open, must be pretty hardcore! Everytime I've been there it's been blue skys all the way (apart from last Jan when it rained!), fingers crossed for this weekends weather rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mcboz, Not sure which that was; I can see the Funitel Peclat (gondola) and the Cascades chair from my window; the former was shut all day, the later open for about an hour this afternoon, by which point there was little value in going out. The beginner drags were open I think, but that was about it from what I saw.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Every day actual pictures and a short story about the weather and the pistes on

www.les-alpages-de-reberty.com

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
every day photos and comments from Les Menuires, Val Thorens, etc

see www.les-alpages-de-reberty.com

[/img]
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2 feet of fresh last night... bit of wind up high so its softer down in the trees. Lots of evidence of windslab up high on slopes N and E, including a couple of good slides set off during the PIDA... Take care out there!

More forecast for tomorrow, bring it on!

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Where are the pics taken?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had lunch in LaTania on Friday as it was windy higher up. Snow was campact but fine. But it snowed from 3am Sat and should be great next week.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lechbob/Courchevel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy, dropping off blvd de la loze into meribel.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Was certainly dumping big time on Saturday am when we left. Anyone due out will be in for a treat. Avalanche risk went up to 5 and many higher stations were closed due to the high winds.
ski holidays
Not looking so good for the 19th at the moment. Hopefully enough time for that to change Crying or Very sad
latest report
will be in courchevel on the 19th myself, so hoping we get a nice dump on the 20th Wink
ski holidays
There was lots of snow when I left on Sunday. I had a good week, not really affected by the wind closing lifts as I was based at 1300. There will be plenty of snow for the next couple of weeks I would have thought.
snow report
2 more days of good powder...
First tracks down the Canyon in Les Avals yesterday:

And today we headed for a secret spot over in Val T for more first track action:

Maybe this will go some way to restoring faith in European ski seasons, which the press have done their best to destroy (despite the fact we were skiing good powder this time last year!)

More snow forecast on & off for the next 3 days, so it's all good...
snow conditions
PS Pistes are in awesome nick, worth being on first lifts to make the most of them before they get too shredded... Lots of good soft stuff to be had "in close" off the side of the pistes (usual warnings/disclaimers apply). Currently there are no runs I wouldn't recommend...
ski holidays
This week has just kept on delivering the goods. Every day there has been some overnight snow, and despite the forecasts it has kept on clearing out...
Great conditions all over, perfect powder all over the mountain and nobody skiing it.... Bit of warm forecast for the next 24hrs which might 'heavy things up' a bit ...

ski holidays
Warm (very) the last couple of days, but offpiste is still skiing really well, a 'wafer-thin' sun crust on top of some still very good powder. Pistes still in v. good condition though a little spring-like in places.
Same forecast for tomorrow, then 0 isotherm dropping back down to 1800 on tuesday according to the current forecast.
snow report
offpisteskiing, Will be there tomorrow for a couple of days. Hope to find some stuff to do.
snow report
Hey SMALLZOOKEEPER, drop us a pm if you like...got a couple of days off, there's still plenty to go at...
latest report
had two weeks in courchevel and as offpisteskiing, the snow was fantastic but on saturday the meribel pistes were very hard after being in near perfect shape...

offpisteskiing, Saw a big full depth slide skiers left just above the Canyons in Les Avals on thursday and the gully itself looked a bit dodgy....

The col du Fruite was in perfect condition on both the courchevel descent and the mottaret side where we saw a chamois during our run down...
snow conditions
skimottaret, yes some of that had gone on Monday when we skied the canyon, skiers left always goes...v.sunny + very slidy grass underneath.

Still impressed how pistes & offpiste is holding up despite the April-like temperatures. Good skiing yesterday in Creux Noirs bowl and Marioland over in Mottaret. All the pistes stayed in good shape even late afternoon.
Couple of solo missions today for some couloir bagging...still great soft snow out under the Aig du Fruit, particularly for anyone willing to put in a bit of effort & hike/skin a while...

Fuller report at http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.com

Forecast is for snow down to 900m tomorrow morning then clearing again...nice!
snow report
offpisteskiing, is that the gully next to the "banana" coulior off the Aig du Fruite?
snow conditions
skimottaret, yes. looking at the face its the left hand branch of the Y gully right of the 'banana'.
well worth a look when you have some time...5 couloirs on that face and only 1 ever gets skied...was very surprised to find a bootpack going up the right branch (but wasn't complaining as it saved a section of breaking trail).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
offpisteskiing, That is probably beyond my ability (and bottle!) but thanks for pointing it out.. gotta ask where and what is "marioland" in mottaret. hadnt heard of that one before.

ps we got a slight telling off by the pisteurs after coming back into mottaret for skiing the col du fruit on the mottaret side. They were sympathetic that the run is shown in the off piste guide books but say that it is in the park and off limits, might not be a good idea to take clients in there...
snow report
skimottaret, ??? The mottaret side of the Col du Fruit is one of the officially sanctioned ski routes through the "reserve naturelle". As long as you are dropping down to the col itself and skiing the main slope all the way down to the foot bridge then you should be fine. In theory they can get a bit arsey on the way out if you cut the corners of the path through the saplings etc in the fields (quite rightly).
If you start cutting right part way down the Col du Fruit (or down the couloir de la Ramee 1/2 way round creux noirs bowl) then you are cutting into the reserve...

If they give you any hassle for standard col du fruit take them up the Mt Vallon and show them the big map with the ski routes on it (must be some more round about Mottaret as well...)
snow conditions
offpisteskiing, yeah that is exactly what i thought as well and we were on the route as you explained... perhaps this guy was just having a bad day... but to be fair we saw a chamois running across the bowl and perhaps he thought we scared it somehow..

so do tell where is "marioland"?
snow report
Hey All,

Just back from La Tania... Conditions have been awesome with snow expected yesterday again which should improve the boarding.

Some pistes are a bit icey early and late on but apart from that all good. La Tania is pretty steep when compared to Courchevel and Meribel with some of the best runs in Courchevel receiving more sun that most. It's not been warm eneough to melt and refreeze so conditions have been great all week!

Off piste in La Tania, Courchevel and Meribel range from about 2 to 5ft in places.

La Tania is a quaint little village positioned between Courchevel & Meribel with good access to the whole 3 valleys (It's possible to get to VT in just over 2 hrs). Definately recommend if looking for a late deal...
latest report
HI namesake ! Thanks for the update. We are in La Tania w/c 2nd Feb snowHead What are the runs like down into the village? Also, are there queues in the morning around 9am for the gondola/chair to the top? Thanks.
snow report
Hey,

There is a green run (Plan Fontaine) down into village which is quite nice although a little narrow and flat, but if you're in a chalet at the top you will be able to jump off as you near the village and practically ski to the door.

The blue "Folyeres" should really be a red as it drops off in a few places and gets really quite icey first thing in the morning and last thing at night. It's still a good run if you're a confident boarder/skier though. This joins the beginner slope at the bottom which enters the village and back to the bubble. (the beginner drag (troika) is free and suffices for a half day just to re-familiarise one's self or get confident like me as this time I learnt how to board rather than ski as I was by myself.

No queues what so ever all week, it's been really quite quiet compared to some of the resorts i've been to. I've pretty much walked straight upto any lift and on within 30 seconds.

Apres just head straight to the ski lodge which is the place to be, really friendly mostly english and great fun. Shot night mondays with a chance to win a pair of ski's (raffle ticket with every shot ordered!!)

Well if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask. I had a great time, i'm sure you will do to!

I stayed in the Chalet Helene for reference which is run by airtours/neilson.

Cheers
latest report
Thanks for that, sounds good. We are staying in an appartment in the village, I think above the ski lodge! So a chance to win a pair of skis then Cool Cheers.
snow report
We returned from the 3Vs yesterday, where it was still full sunshine. On Sat we skiied in full sun in the Courcheval/ La Tania area. It appeared as though they have been using the artificial snow machines through the night. The run from Bouc Blanc through the trees into the village centre appeared to be fresh with artificial snow but hard packed with the occasional icey patch. This being the case elsewhere in the Courcheval area at similar heights, higher up, there are still areas of soft stuff, particularly after the sun has got to it. The off piste varied between soft and icy, again depending on the sun. The runs into Meribel, where we were staying, are now hard packed and icey.

Although the temporature has dropped from midweek, the resort looks like it normally does in spring. No snow on the trees, with grass and rocks showing through. Hopefully there will be more snow soon and we can return to enjoy the rest of the season
snow conditions
Yuk, I thought Meribel was supposed to be in a better state than that... I'm out there from the 8th-12th, I hope they get some snow before then! Confused I don't mind icy too much but grass and rocks... not in Feb, please!

Alex
ski holidays
I think he's referring to grass and rocks around La Tania, not on the pistes...........webcam for La Tania shows good snow on the blue down to 1300m..........
snow report
I'm in Meribel at the moment - don't worry, its pretty good. Course it could do with a little more snow but when don't people say that. Had a great day today, good coverage on pistes which is where I spend my time. A little icy at the end of the day - just got to choose which runs you use towards the end of the day. Some snow forecase from Wednesday - hope it materilises. Smile
snow report
rjtaylor, whats the craic like in Meribel this year.Im out on Thursday for a long boys weekend ,lets hope the forecast mini dump comes up trumps Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy