Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys Snow Watch

Poster: A snowHead
One for anyone heading that way this season. We're off first week in Jan to La Tania - and here's my first look. Couldn't resist it anymore. Pic courtesy of http://www.latania.co.uk

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And one from Courchevel

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and another one from latania.co.uk

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, wa wa wa when? Shocked Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Embarassed I see that was infact on their main page which I overlooked. Thanks for posting it kitenski, . Not bloody bad eh?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And another - seems like they've had 27 cms and it's still going in La Tania. Bring it on snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This from http://www.latania.co.uk
Quote:
Another amazing snow mound created by the snow cannons - can't remember seeing them this big before, and they're all the way up Folyeres. Thanks to Mutzig Dave for the pic.

From the site it looks as though the snow cannons are in full production.... snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Getting a bit warm in 3Vs now?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chrisb wrote:
Getting a bit warm in 3Vs now?
La Tania maybe a tad warm, also rain but the rest of the 3V's?
Over the next 7 days....
Courchevel 2000m - high temp of 0 degC, low temp -7 and only 26 cm more snow.
Val Thorens 2300m (resort) - high temp of -1 degC, low temp -9 and only 29 cm more snow.

Think i'm going to cancel..... wink

It appears that many resorts in the French alps,below say 1500m, will be warm and wet over the next few days but at least we've got a start. Temps due to drop again by the early next week. Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BMF_Skier, cold and snowy so far in serre che
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, fab pictures
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Appreciate that it's still on the early side, but some of the 3-Vs webcams make for some almost depressing viewing now, given earlier confidence. Still, much can change in the next 5 weeks.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Marcus wrote:
Appreciate that it's still on the early side, but some of the 3-Vs webcams make for some almost depressing viewing now, given earlier confidence. Still, much can change in the next 5 weeks.....

You've got to be joking! I still see snow on the main run in La Tania at 1300m and look at the huge pile of artificial snow created. So much better than this time last year!

A thaw/refreeze will be great base building stuff!

regards,

Greg
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A good fall of snow in the next 24 hours or so, but mayeb rain below 1,800m. Webcams on the upper slopes should look much nicer by the end of tomorrow Smile
latest report
rob@rar, It is now the end of tomorrow?
ski holidays
Just spoke to Euangoneskiing who says it's snowing at the moment in Courchevel 1650. Wet-ish snow though.
snow report
not much change on the webcam though this morning
snow report

This courtesy of Nick from http://www.latania.co.uk

Quote:
lots of piste bashing going on with so far 27% of the area open but looking as if a lot more will open up very soon. Conditions are very good with great cover on the opened pistes and very few people around other than groups training.

snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Marcus, looking good. any photos on the other side of the valley to Courcheval?
snow conditions
Courtesy of Nick Ski and a link to his photos from the excellent La Tania website.

Another 45 cm being predicted up to Sunday. And only 4 weeks to go until we're there snowHead snowHead Cool
latest report
great photos snowHead sure beats the rain lashing this little bit of hants tonight!
snow report
skinutter, and Newbury (well earlier anyway).
snow conditions

Again from the La Tania site.

Jealous? Not much....

ski holidays
Hello from val thorens,
Arrived Fri 7th Dec with Johnnyboy loads of powder 40 cm fell fri night and more today Sat 8th, It''s snowing again now so things are looking really good for anyone coming soon.Snow tyres and chains are a must for anyone driving up.

In the bar now with johnnyboy photos tooo come soon

Regards Mark wink
ski holidays
Topsmoke, enjoy it !
ski holidays
As well as latania.co.uk this is worth checking for the snow reports and the live weather.... http://www.merinet.com/
snow conditions
Hello me again,

Another big dump last night 40 cm or so again,off piste was on piste today, the piste bashers are only having time too groom a single track up the slope the middle is remaining deep snow o la la
More snow is due tonight /tomorrow perhaps another 30cm or so and a little more on tuesday before some sun at last.

Topsmoke signing off
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
SNOW STILL COMING DOWN

Latest forecast snow to continue for another 24 hours!!!! Still no 3 Valleys links open due to avalanche risk and high winds. Over 1.5 metres as of this morning at the top of Saulire. Every single piste in the whole system will be skiable on Saturday once the snowpack stabilises or is made safe.
Report issued by NICK NICKSKI on Monday 10 December 2007 at 13:00
ski holidays
Probably snowed even more yesterday afternoon and overnight than the previous 2 nights! Snowed a fair bit today as well. Road was closed this morning; blasting all over the resort for most of the morning too.
ski holidays
hope the road is open at about 4am saturday Shocked
snow report
Roger C, No snow due after Wednesday until next week, according to metcheck, so you should be fine.
ski holidays
ValTho is reporting a meter of freshies at resort-level (2300m).

Five days of nonstop snow have battered the station.

The sun is due out for the next few days.

Vintage conditions in mid-Dec:

http://www.valthorens.com/articles/-67-2.html
snow report
Whitegold excellent news!!!!

i'm looking forward to saturday morning when i can do battle with johnnyboy and Topsmoke for any remaining powder Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Still snowing in Courch' today. Finally kicked the flu and made it up the hill for a few runs...Not much open but shed-loads of snow. Lifts running today Verdons/Biollay/Chenus + various small drags... Vizelle due to open tomorrow weather/snow permitting and possibly Suisses chair(?). Saulire cable car currently ut of action apparently due to somebody driving one of the bins into the top station at 2m/s. Oops. Apparently may well open with 1 bin and reduced capacity in that until they can fix the other side.

Pics below from Chenus bubble & on Loze Bleu (if I can get technology to work...

And beware the killer mice of Courchevel...

latest report
weird, I saw a mouse run across the piste just above the altiport in Courchevel, I assumed it was as it was easter and had warmed up, never seen a mouse before on snow Wink
snow report
lol....i've seen a few in Courchevel and Meribel !! Weird...it was in November 1998 the last one and it was rolling down the slope ! A real fat porker like that one ! How funny...

Snow looks AMAZING... Very Happy
latest report
looks a bit busy out there though doesn't it Wink
latest report
Just mobbed...I actually had 2 people in front of me when I went to get in the bubble at one point...shocking!
latest report
Been snowing on and off all day in VT, but there was less overnight than the last few nights (c.20cm). Still snowing now though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy