Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys Snow Watch

Poster: A snowHead
Mmmmmm!...

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks great,have you got a bigger picture? Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lovely pic, whereabouts are the trees????
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ooh, lovely! We're not coming to Courchevel until March - hope there's still some snow left then! Lovely pic of Folyeres (I think) - the blue down to La Tania - nice when the piste is off-piste powder stylee.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
offpisteskiing? More like offpisteposting wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
notverygoodatskiing, OOps...not very tech savvy with this IT stuff...!!

kitenski, Skiers right on the Loze side of 1850.

Marcus, Can't resist really, given all the bad press about last winter when in reality there was pow to be had from early Jan onwards...its good to
get some pics out showing that actually skiing as we know it isn't dead and early season can still rock...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
offpisteskiing wrote:

kitenski, Skiers right on the Loze side of 1850.

ahh yes, can see the drags down below you, never seen that much snow on that face before, we normally go in March and there are brown bits on it Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
offpisteskiing wrote:

Marcus, Can't resist really, given all the bad press about last winter when in reality there was pow to be had from early Jan onwards...its good to get some pics out showing that actually skiing as we know it isn't dead and early season can still rock...

Not complaining, I assure you Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Marcus, We're there (La Tania) Dec 30 to jan 06..

If I can persuade my wife that meeting someone off an internet forum is "normal" maybe a drink if you're around?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Conditions still awesome, and more lifts & runs open as of yesterday...In 1850 Vizelle and Suisses chair up top, with Combe de Saulire and Creux open (+ Combe des Pylones & M). Lower down Biollay & Pralong chairs, Chenus bubble, Col de la Loze chair, & bubbles up from 1550 & Le Praz. Lower parts of 1650 open (Signal & Roc mugnier chairs, Ariondaz bubble). Snow conditions on piste are perfect all over, good cold squeaky snow...

Off-Piste still excellent though fairly well tracked unless you like a hike. All the Saulire couloirs have been skied and are in great condition for the time of year.
Suisses bowl generally is still very soft, & Creux Noirs excellent if you don't mind the hike... Beware on more exposed ridges etc higher up the resort that some areas were wind-affected and are a bit thinner...definitely a few rocks around in certain spots.

All we need now is another dump...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And some piccies:

Al warming up on the side of 'Big Bertha' in the Suisses area:

Gigi in the Rocher de L'Ombre bowl:
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
offpisteskiing wrote:
Mmmmmm!...

Have to say that this is a fantastic photo. I just can't stop looking at it and appreciating the dynamics of the skier. Just wonderful, thanks for posting
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
offpisteskiing, yes, agreed. Fantastic. Can't do it, but love seeing others do it! Magic conditions.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cfc5mu0, we'll be passing one another in that case as we're due there on the 6th. You're more than welcome to "put one in" at the bar though wink Toofy Grin

Would have been more than happy to meet up BTW
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
From a quick look, no snow predicted until next Sunday! I guess the cannons will be going flat out though.
snow report
I've seen a mouse on the piste at Gelnshee a few years ago!

Great to see loads of snow in 3 valleys - we're arriving in Meribel 8.30am on Saturday for the week then on to les Arcs for new year!

Can't wait - got new skis to air after I bought them and then had to cancel my last trip in April - it was snowheads eosb as well Sad
ski holidays
La Tania site (presume this is really Courch) suggesting 10cms this weekend with a further 5cms on Weds. Just keep topping up - 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go, 2 weeks to go snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Cool
snow conditions
Marcus, are you trying to tell us you're off skiing in a fortnight, perchance? Wink
snow conditions
eng_ch, Laughing
snow report
The Three Valleys was superb this week.I've never been there before and the conditions were fantastic. The Aigle run was a bit busy and icy in the afternoons but otherwise it was mostly empty pistes, no lift queues and fabulous snow. Cold though!
snow conditions
let's hope for some snow to top things up before I go on 6th
snow report
chrisb, ditto that!
snow report
Having just looked, there does seem to be some conflict between the various forcasters (no change there then). Ranges over the next three days (up to Sunday) from a few light flurries to 10cms. The longer outlook (less certain to be sure) suggests anything up to 20 cms over Weds, Thurs and Fri next week.

Fingers well and truly crossed!
snow report
Marcus, well here is hoping for a top up. Seems that things are getting packed down now with all off piste skied out
snow report
Yes its getting a bit firm on piste at the moment. Some good chalky snow in places off-piste, and even the odd bit of softness if you know where to look. Local forecast seems confident of a minor 'perturbation' coming through Saturday night...
Still pretty damn good cover all the way down to Le Praz still, and we're ahead of average for snow depths so mustn't grumble..!
snow report
very good on combe saulier today and M was nice as well as the sides of chanrossa.
ski holidays
Been around 3 valleys all week and heading to Les Arcs tomorrow. In general snow cover has been very good everywhere. We've found it better across in Val T where it is higher. There is plenty of goods off piste and between piste available although this is now getting a bit crusty and skied out in places. We did Lac du Lou across in Val T (starting from Col de L'Audizin) a few days ago and found the snow very variable, crusty and at times soft, with some big avalanche debris in places. Today it is very skied, being much more like a piste. On xmas day we had a day of all blacks and found most of them in reasonable condition, with only a few larger rocks showing through in places. The best of these are Combe Rosael in the 4th valley, excellent snow and very quiet over here, Bosses in Meribel is best skied on either side where the bumps are not so hard, Chevruiel down into Meribel is much the same.

We found a lovely off piste from the Glacier de Thorens, traverse aftert he first left hand bend across under the Col chair and it runs very well down to the restaruant on Genepi. Also good off psite off the back of Cretes down to join up with St Martin 2 chair - very well skied now and better in the afternoon.

We also had a day in Val on Thursday and found it much busier over there. The Cugnat off piste run from the Cugnai chair was great! Roll on next week in Les Arcs!! I'll report again from there.
latest report
Looks like 6cms fell on the 30th and there is light snow at the moment. That's in line with the more optimistic forcast. Hope they're right about the 13cms due towards the end of the week as well snowHead snowHead Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Marcus, snow-forecast.com seems to think about 6cm tomorrow. Looks as though it has been pretty cold, get the thermals!
ski holidays
Marcus possibly due to the the effect of the strong winds on sat eve/sunday morning there seemed like a lot more than 6cm of fresh snow when we skied over the mont de la chambre link from Val T to Meribel. Was a good foot of fresh stuff on the piste in places Very Happy

This was the view from our apartment on Sunday morning - lovely Smile Smile Smile

Sunday was very cold with visibility down to 15m or so at times above 1800m, we skied slowly from one piste pole to the next all the way down to Mottaret so getting to Meribel to meet some friends and family took a lot longer than expected........Monday however was much warmer
ski holidays
Anyone help with info on Bridet les Bain, 3 Valley lift pass, specifically, looking at buying on line. Any bad experiences? Any recommendations?
Also looking at on-line ski hire for BLBain. Staying at Hotel Amelie.
snow report
Dave Mac, BLBain is good but there is only one main lift connecting it to Meribel, which, closes at something like 5.30pm. The town can be a little dead so take loads to in the evening! Definately get the 3V lift pass, it allows you so much more freedom and exploration, saying that Meribel is a pretty big ski area - from my experience it depends on your level of skiing ability.
latest report
Thanks Nick-o, skiing ability v.high. Need knowledge of online purchese of lift pass and skis, if anyone has it.
latest report
Dave Mac, have a look at my site in sig for everything you will need for meribel and 3V skiing....
latest report
Dave Mac, Hi there, welcome to snowHead
Online purchase is a breeze. The rechargeable pass is brilliant. I kept my pass from the EoSB this year and just jumped online to recharge it for my stay at Xmas. I was a little trepidatious about skiing up to the first barrier but it worked without blinking - brilliant!
Here's a link that talks through the process of buying it for the first time (I think it's even free post): http://www.les3vallees.com/on-line/skipass.28/
latest report
Thanks Roger C. Outlook until Friday still seems to suggest up to another 10 cms. Just about right really!! Cool snowHead
latest report
Blimey, what a difference a day makes!! Outlook now suggesting 1 cm today, 6 on Thursday, 5 on Friday, 2 on Saturday and 36 on Sunday (first day in 3Vs)!! OK it can stop after that for a week....
ski holidays
Should point out that the predictions above are from one of the more optimistic forecasters. As it happens, they do seem to have been closer to the outcome in the main... Cool
snow report
I can see what people mean when they say how quickly things can change Puzzled

At 10.00

Quote:
Blimey, what a difference a day makes!! Outlook now suggesting 1 cm today, 6 on Thursday, 5 on Friday, 2 on Saturday and 36 on Sunday

That now looks like 5 Thurs, 7 Fri, 11 Sat and only 33 on Sun.... Laughing
snow conditions
Marcus, As long as the roads are clear and the planes get there on time. It could be a good week next week?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy