Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club.......

Poster: A snowHead
Where's the "beef" with the ski club of great britain? Only been a month on snowheads...

P.S their forum is poo-poo.. compared to snowHead 's.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossfra8 wrote:
Where's the "beef" with the ski club? Only been a month on snowheads...

P.S their forum is sh*t. compared to snowHead 's.

Had to edit "poo-poo" out....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rossfra8, Here's challenge for you! Somewhere on here is the archived SCGB section, when you have found it and have trouble getting off to sleep..... wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah, i appear to have kicked up sh*t. I paid my £18 to the ski club this year because of the discounts... i saved more than £18. Does snowheads offer anything like that? I might start paying my £18 to snowheads, my membership at the ski club is up in December....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rossfra8, There isn't such a quite such a wide list of discounts here but the snowhead holidays (or 'bashes') are incredibly good value Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, is Admin-"Admin" here or dot hey go by another name? You see i prefer the idea of this rather than a company just wanting your moneys, no pressure here.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rossfra8, admin is admin.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rossfra8, Admin is one man! and he organises it all, with a little hlp from his friends, there certainly is no company involved!
To give you an idea 3 years ago the first end of season bash was around 35 people last years about 70 and next years will be around 100 to 150. There are now 3 bashes pre-season mid season and end of season. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
To give you an idea 3 years ago the first end of season bash was around 35 people last years about 70
Actually last year's was 80 but who's quibbling? Wink

Rossfra8, there are quite a few people who are both SCGB members and regular faces around here.
We're not really in competition with each other (although snowHeads is much better as you've correctly surmised Wink )

We don't take your money in quite so formal a manner as the SCGB (stop laughing u lot).

There's a voluntary subscription which some people justify by the amount of time they spend being entertained by snowHeads and others by the amount of money they reckon they've saved from the advice they've received here; some aparently subscribe because they think we're a 'worthy cause' being an independent voice for the snowConsumer; some just cos we're nice and friendly Little Angel

There are a number of places that offer "Discount For snowHeads" (in fact someone even shouted that out at me as I aproached the London ski show a couple of weeks ago) but not on the sort of scale the SCGB has on its list.
There are also a few extra on-site functions for subscribers.

As boredsurfin says, the bashes are generally considered a good value way to ski. Maybe not as cheap as grabbing a last minute deal but you'd be hard pushed to forward plan a ski trip much cheaper. And of course, the added value is in the fact that a snowHeads bash isn't your normal ski trip anyway Wink

</Hard Sell>
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rossfra8 wrote:
Ah, i appear to have kicked up sh*t. I paid my £18 to the ski club this year because of the discounts... i saved more than £18. Does snowheads offer anything like that? I might start paying my £18 to snowheads, my membership at the ski club is up in December....

Honestly, if you find the Ski Club good value then you should keep using it.

Snowheads is a different beast but the bashes are possibly some of the best holidays enthusiastic skiers could go on.

I don't know the ins-and-outs of the Ski Club discounts. Maybe you can post them? For some stuff like 10% ofF ski hire you can generally get by asking in the hire store directly. There is a lot of competition. The repping service might be worth the membership alone to some people and there may be other discounts I don't know about that are worth the membership fees. However in general membership discounts are smoke and mirrors stuff.

I don't believe that the ski club represents British skiers' interests very well but is more interested in maintaining a good relationship with the industry.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof, in terms of ski shops ellis brigham is the only thing i have here, well-ish, for things like spyder etc-bit of an equipment "junky" if you like. Also Blues in glasgow do not stock dynastar and i wanted trouble makers, so my 10% off in Ellis Brigham saved me £100 last year. They also offer discounts at snow and rock. Its purely on a retail basis as i use no other service the ski club offers xcept the snow report!! You get 5% or something off with crystal etc but im more of an independant traveller so i don't get use of that! Don't shoot me for providiing a SCGB link http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/theskiclub/discountscalculator.asp check it out thats the discounts...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
15% off at Seafrance saved a friend £18 off his Christmas ferry.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was a member of the ski club when the "bullpoo" all started. Rossfra8, most of the founding members were from the Ski club web site. These poeple cared about their fellow skiers and offerred advice without looking for payment or kudos. Out of principal I joined snowHead 's so that I could participate with the genuine like minded poeple. I am now a lapsed member but will join the club in the resort for guiding purposes. Living in Ireland I do not get the benefits of the club that mainland uk residents do. The SCGB forum has become pathetic in comparison. Do not write off all members of the club, like with all some are decent some are arseh**es. No doubt there are a couple of them here on our site as well.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rossfra8 wrote:
Don't shoot me for providiing a SCGB link http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/theskiclub/discountscalculator.asp check it out thats the discounts...

Thanks for the link
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not a problem!

Roy Hockley, seems logical to me!! The SCGB is really bad, most of the comments seem to be made by a narrow minded few. Perhaps my father haha
snow report
Roy Hockley wrote:
Do not write off all members of the club, like with all some are decent some are arseh**es. No doubt there are a couple of them here on our site as well.

Hello, speaking as a Ski Club AND Snowheads arseh**e, I think it would be nice if Admin sold Snowheads cravats that I could wear to the AGM.
ski holidays
haha or perhaps a blazer with a snowheads crest?
snow report
And a silk headscarf for me wink
snow report
sign me up for all 3 snowHead
ski holidays
Rossfra8, I think perhaps half the posters on the club forum are frequent posters over here. Your nickname over here hardly hides who you are over there. But I am sure we are all glad to be called narrow-minded!

The software over there does suck - but I suspect will be changed - and the SCGB forum content is a lot better now IMHO than it was a year ago.

Latchigo, Put me down for one too...
ski holidays
I am not so fussed though.. I havn't-and will not-say anything that I will not back up as Rossfra8 or Ross Fraser or SnowLoverNumber4. Keeping in mind I have been a fairly regular poster over there and I said a select few. You may be one of those-me being rubbish with names i don't take too much in-but I am sure you are perfectly cool! Or to refer to a recent SCGB thread "awesome".

Ross
ski holidays
Ski Club is where cold people hang out; snowHeads is where cool people hang out.
snow conditions
Although the discounts are good, a lot of them can be obtained without the Ski Club membership.
snow conditions
Rossfra8, awesome, dude

yep there is a lot of history, not all of which is in the public domain I believe. But should be all bygones now really.
snow conditions
Just being new to snowheads-took an interest when i read something about the skiclub!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy