Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES snow report winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
slikedges, the latest GFS run has Saturday as a clear day. Are you travelling to Tignes that day?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
slikedges wrote:
Looks like heap big dump on Thu.

60cm+ Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, yep, looks poss for clear from Fri lunchtime but the lines haven't coalesced yet. I'm travelling Thu pm, so ski Fri/Sat/Sun. You're not out around then are you?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm too lazy to look at GFS runs, but will be out there from thurs evening this week, can't wait....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
slikedges wrote:
rob@rar, yep, looks poss for clear from Fri lunchtime but the lines haven't coalesced yet. I'm travelling Thu pm, so ski Fri/Sat/Sun. You're not out around then are you?

No, sadly not. I'm in Val d'Isere for the first week of December but I guess we'll miss each other?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The forecast on the radio this evening was for maybe a few flakes of snow tonight but with a warm Lombard wind moving in from tomorrow, so it may not snow all the way down to the resort.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, sadly yes, only doing the weekend, and dec only weekend in hintertux, but the season is long... Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Big operator error with camera. Have taken lots of pictures over last few days but cannot manage to down load Puzzled

However skiing is very good and temperatures have risen considerably so much more pleasant on the mountain Blush

3500, Rossolin & Double M in great condition although Champagny is still not for the faint hearted at any speed Confused Lots of other pistes have been prepared so hopefully will begin to open next week Laughing The snow cannons have been working continually for the past week.

The conditions must be good as Mrs W ventured out today for her first ski of the season. (the lift pass has currently cost €588/day wink )

The forecast for the next few days is more snow to resort level Blush Blush Lower resorts may be not so lucky Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from Tignes - 30cm of snow in Le Lac and Val Claret - a winter wonderland!

Awful cold on Fri and Sat (16/17 Nov) minus 16C on the glacier - bit of a shock to the system! Warmed up by yesterday to -2C in Val Claret.

Great snow on the runs that are open - from top of glacier to Val Claret. Very busy people wise on Saturday (but only 5 min queues for draglifts) . Open runs relatively quiet as quite a bit of the mountain was cordoned off for racer and ski club training.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
motatapu, see you there!!! ps I assume you're not on the transfer bus?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
slikedges, no, I'm heading out under my own steam. Can't wait!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
runs very icy at the top of the glacier,especially the red.was very cold and quite windy when riding the chairs.but double m red was very good,but more snow needed on most runs. Blush
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like rain at resort level next 2 days but snow just above that (maybe 40-50cm?) then no precipitation for a while... Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
slikedges, The printed forecast at the Funiculaire says much the same, but doesn't give a prediction for how much snow may fall.

Everything is closed today.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is it raining there now rjs???
snow conditions
kitenski, It is snowing slightly but not sticking.
snow conditions
rjs wrote:
kitenski, It is snowing slightly but not sticking.

Smile That's better than expected!!
snow report
kitenski, It was raining earlier this morning, but when I posted there were a few flakes blowing around outside.
ski holidays
rjs wrote:
kitenski, It was raining earlier this morning, but when I posted there were a few flakes blowing around outside.

Raining ??? Where ? When ?

A few snow showers and some sunshine but can't remember any rain Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
stewart woodward, I live in Manchester, I know rain when I see it. It was raining at 9am.
snow conditions
rjs, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
rjs, Laughing
ski holidays
rjs,

Heavy precipitation last night but i think it was England fans tears rather than rain Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

p.s. I worked in Manchester last summer and it was very sunny wink
snow conditions
Well, looking pretty good I guess. Rain/snow most of tomorrow - hope it's even open - should be if secured quickly enough as wind isn't too bad, but hey, losing a day to the elements is par for the course on a glacier, isn't it? Madeye-Smiley Then should be goooood for Sat and Sun! Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 22-11-07 10:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
slikedges wrote:
... losing a day to the elements is par for the course on a glacier, isn't it? Madeye-Smiley T

I think so, although I've been fairly lucky. In the four weeks I've spent on the glacier in the autumn I've only lost one day entirely and one day when only one of the drags was open (both occasions due to high wind).

GFS is still reporting 50cm+ for Tignes, although this has been delayed into Thursday night/Friday compared to the forecasts earlier in the week.
snow report
rob@rar, same here - I've lost a couple of days down to wind - I'm told the lower slopes into Val Claret should be open though Confused
latest report
slikedges wrote:
rob@rar, same here - I've lost a couple of days down to wind

Try deflatine - works wonders for me, also stay off the 'flettes for a while wink Toofy Grin
latest report
Kaiser wrote:
slikedges wrote:
rob@rar, same here - I've lost a couple of days down to wind

Try deflatine - works wonders for me, also stay off the 'flettes for a while wink Toofy Grin

Thanks for the advice, very helpful. Although is there a danger that I'll be a bit slower in the gates if I'm not wind powered?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kaiser, not mine of course but someone else's wink
ski holidays
By the looks of the Val Claret webcam the lower slopes look like they are losing their cover fast Sad lets hope its just a temporary glitch and the colder weather forecast brings some more snow to resort
snow report
Rosolin and Champagny were open today though not many people were on Champagny. It snowed all day and was fairly windy, but visibility was good enough.

The snow is good on the glacier as stewart woodward wrote.
latest report
Apparently it's just stated to snow at resort level.
ski holidays
Has it been snowing a fair amount today then?

Forecast says it should be? And get a good 8-10cm overnight?
snow report
Spikyhedgehog, the webcams around the Tarentaise I looked at earlier seemed to show rain, certainly at resort level. But it's difficult to tell. I just got an email from someone in resort who said that it had started to snow.
snow conditions
Hopefully it'll be lots of Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy all tomorrow morning. Smile
latest report
Watching the radar its tantalisingly close. Heavy precip just 10 miles or so to your west. Running the sequence through to midnight shows it sliding north. Hopefully it'll push east after that !

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur
snow report
Not looking great for any significant snowfall now over the next week or so Sad

How the models have backed off. So near yet so far.
snow conditions
Peter S wrote:
So near yet so far.

Looks like it. Sad
ski holidays
It is still snowing, and it changed to fairly big flakes about 3pm. It is sticking on the road now and on parked cars.

Leisse was open today for the first time, otherwise much the same as yesterday on the glacier.
latest report
[quote="rjs"]

Quote:
Leisse was open today for the first time

Leisse was opened Monday Blush

Quote:
otherwise much the same as yesterday on the glacier

Did you not notice all the FRESH new SNOW Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It has been snowing in the village on and off all day but more seriously since 4.00pm Blush Blush
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy