Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES snow report winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Deep snow off-piste today! snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where'd you ski today?

Palafour couloir and Gratallu bowl were stupidly deep. Some long traverses there. Confused

Avi risk has racked up to 4 as well, some big slides set off by the blasters.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well snowforecast have got it wrong again Puzzled They are currently forecasting cloud & snow today but we have SUNSHINE & BLUE,BLUE skies Blush Blush

After the last few days/weeks of snow today should be GREAT Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Get out there but be safe Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stewart woodward, Any feel for how many of Tignes' 43 lifts might be open in the final week leading up to the main-resort's closure on May 11? What has it been like in the recent past during the final week of the season?

Thinking of taking the sheila out for an end-season blast.

Thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold wrote:
stewart woodward, Any feel for how many of Tignes' 43 lifts might be open in the final week leading up to the main-resort's closure on May 11? What has it been like in the recent past during the final week of the season?

Thanks.

Last year as the snow was still very good the majority of the lifts remained open untill the closing date (8th May).

I understand that the Tufs lift, in Val Claret, closes on the 5th May this year as it is being replaced by a new high speed 6 seater. Good news for quicker uplift but it's a great lift for improving the suntan and marmotte spotting Blush

Yesterday was a great days skiing as the conditions improved throughout the day. Lots & lots of snow throughout the espace killy.

This morning, after a little more snow overnight, the clouds are breaking and vizability is much improved Blush Blush
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward wrote:

I understand that the Tufs lift, in Val Claret, closes on the 5th May this year as it is being replaced by a new high speed 6 seater.

At last! Good riddance I say - probably the worst lift left in Tignes - are they going to improve access to it as well?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thinking of doing a last minute ski weekend in Tignes. Does anyone have any accommodation options for these dates?

Thanks
Liz
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Today was fantastic, nice and cold with blue skies and perfect pistes. Found some fairly decent off piste off the top of Lanches and some other stuff looked good as well. Most is a little windblown now but you can't ask for nicer piste conditions.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
whaich dates? Send a PM to Stewart Woodward, He's the man in the know when it come to Tignes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
liz09 wrote:
Thinking of doing a last minute ski weekend in Tignes. Does anyone have any accommodation options for these dates?

Thanks
Liz

Give us a clue to which dates/accomodation requirements Puzzled Puzzled

Lots of free space in June, July & August wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stewart woodward wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

Thanks.

Last year as the snow was still very good the majority of the lifts remained open untill the closing date (8th May).

I understand that the Tufs lift, in Val Claret, closes on the 5th May this year as it is being replaced by a new high speed 6 seater. Good news for quicker uplift but it's a great lift for improving the suntan and marmotte spotting Blush

Yesterday was a great days skiing as the conditions improved throughout the day. Lots & lots of snow throughout the espace killy.

This morning, after a little more snow overnight, the clouds are breaking and vizability is much improved Blush Blush

Cool. Thanks.

Snowdepths are way above-average right now, so, despite the likely melt next month, it should still be in good shape by early-May.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
About 10 cm's new light fluffy snow overnight Smile Smile Smile

Oh my god ! another day of powder skiing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and i get paid for it wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stewart woodward, conditions good on the nursey slope today then? Or is it the Jardin des Enfants? wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry I thought you'd all know what dates I was thinking in my head! Blush

I want to go 1st May - 5th May, I understand Tignes shuts on 11th May so should be ok.

So does anyone have any good ideas for accommodation and would anyone like to predict whether there would be any snow then!

Cheers
Liz
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
liz09 wrote:
Sorry I thought you'd all know what dates I was thinking in my head! Blush

I want to go 1st May - 5th May, I understand Tignes shuts on 11th May so should be ok.

So does anyone have any good ideas for accommodation and would anyone like to predict whether there would be any snow then!

Cheers
Liz

Try the Dragon Lodge, Alpaka, or tignes.co.uk.
snow report
stevew wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:

I understand that the Tufs lift, in Val Claret, closes on the 5th May this year as it is being replaced by a new high speed 6 seater.

At last! Good riddance I say - probably the worst lift left in Tignes - are they going to improve access to it as well?

Have you never been up Grand Huit?
latest report
do you think anyone will be in tignes that weekend 1st - 5th May, or will it be eerily quiet!!!
snow report
cathy wrote:
stewart woodward, conditions good on the nursey slope today then? Or is it the Jardin des Enfants? wink Toofy Grin

I haven't been on the nursery slope for 3 weeks ( the liftie has rung the ski school to see if i am off sick) wink

My clients this week are v good and we spend all day ripping up the mountains Very Happy

It's snowing again at the moment so hopefully another great day tomorrow Laughing
snow conditions
Kenzie wrote:
stevew wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:

Yes, at least the Grand Huit is reasonably comfortable, not rickety and doesn't tend to whack you when it picks up ... regardless of it not being a fast lift the Grand Huit was built in the last 10 years or so since I've been going to Tignes - the Tufs seems like a thing out of the long distant past!
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
I haven't been on the nursery slope for 3 weeks ( the liftie has rung the ski school to see if i am off sick) wink

Laughing Laughing
Well that's good to hear you've been able to properly enjoy all the great snow you're having snowHead . I suppose Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
stewart woodward,
Good to hear it is still snowing. Hoping for a little top up at the end of next week before we head out on the 5th.

Have sent you a pm.

Thanks

Colin
ski holidays
Was in Val D'Isere for the final weekend of the season last year.

Over half the Espace Killy lifts were open & it was possible to ski back down to La Daille and to Val D'Isere - albeit it on (wide, well maintained/pisted) strips of snow with grass at the sides. It was full cover on the open runs to Tignes, which was everything on the Aeroski/Val D'Isere side of the resort plus a couple of lifts towards to Col du Palet from Val Claret. The skiing above Les Brevieres/Les Boisses and around Aiguille Percee was closed.

Higher runs had full winter/packed powder cover - we were lucky enough to have a few inches of powder on one morning. It was then the full range of snow conditions (through to full-on mush) the lower you got. There was enough snow for the resorts to stay open for weeks if they'd wanted to.

Best of all - and most amazingly - we hardly saw another skier! It's an almost eerie experience to have what is virtually your very own ski area to go at! We actually wondered if it was worth them staying open as there were so few people there. Val D'Isere was a ghost town, with only a few bars and restaurants open - so I guess Tignes will be the same.

It was so good we're doing the final 4 days of the season come May - can't wait!
ski holidays
stevew wrote:
Kenzie wrote:
stevew wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:

Yes, at least the Grand Huit is reasonably comfortable, not rickety and doesn't tend to whack you when it picks up ... regardless of it not being a fast lift the Grand Huit was built in the last 10 years or so since I've been going to Tignes - the Tufs seems like a thing out of the long distant past!

The Tufs lift is due to be replaced this summer.

Excellent snow on piste, wall to wall sunshine & the resort was empty today!
ski holidays
They've made Trolles steeper! Very Happy

It now goes from the other side of the the chair pillar.

I'm definitely hitting that first thing this morning with the GPS. Twisted Evil

Bright blue sun with the moon still out, can't complain!
ski holidays
Very nice!

85.3mph. Twisted Evil

137kph.

Fun stuff. Very Happy
snow report
stewart woodward, Do you know If the lifts/ runs ino les Boisses are still open? We are staying at The Melezes from the 14th to 17th of April and wondered if we would be able to ski In/ski out then?
Thanks in advance
Mark
latest report
Rookiemark,
If you go to http://www.tignes.net/GB_plan-pistes.html there is an interactive piste map which shows what slopes and lifts are open. Very Happy
snow conditions
colbolt, Thanks a lot ,Very useful!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rookiemark wrote:
stewart woodward, Do you know If the lifts/ runs ino les Boisses are still open? We are staying at The Melezes from the 14th to 17th of April and wondered if we would be able to ski In/ski out then?
Thanks in advance
Mark

All the lifts in the Espace Killy should still be open on the 14th April, subject to snow conditions. As you have probably read the conditions are excellent at the moment and therfore should be no problems Blush

It's snowing again this morning, after a little snow overnight, with sunshine forecast for later in the day Very Happy
ski holidays
stewart woodward, You may get our massive dump later on - i'ts ~SW I think so should pass on towards you. More monster snow. Enjoy the end of the season. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Yay. T minus 12 days for us - Mrs NBT is on the road to recovery so we've risked a late booking. We're in the Curling in Val Claret from Sat 12th for a week. we might just pop down to the Alpaka one evening Stewart for a pint and a chat about renting one of those apartments....
snow conditions
Hopefully with all this snow and more forecast, there will still be lots of lifts and runs open when I return. I am staying at The Melezes April 20th - 24th, snowHead as long as there are some nice easy runs open, I will be happy, I had enough of a challenge when I was there in November, I just want to enjoy this trip.
ski holidays
Snowing again today - after we roasted ourselves on the Loop's sunterrace yesterday apres-ski.
Down to TC's for the rail-jam, then the annual Rosbifs vs Froggies rugby match this afternoon! Laughing
snow conditions
How would you guys rate Tignes against La Plagne? I remember Tignes being very good but less runs, however that was a good few years ago! Reckon there is a difference - number, height etc?
snow conditions
Superb conditions here at the moment - and very quiet on the slopes! 5 nil to the Froggies in the rugby this evening. Sad
snow conditions
Kenzie wrote:
5 nil to the Froggies in the rugby this evening. Sad

ok 5 - 0 but how many sent off Puzzled Who hit who Puzzled This is normally a bit of a grudge match wink
snow conditions
stewart woodward, apparently the whole of england hit the whole of france, and vice versa, several times. I think france were pooping their pants at first about the 100 british squaddies that are staying at the UCPA this week! Luckily (for france) they were busy this evening...

Still snowing in Tignes, have been sitting in most of the evening, going to take the camera out tomorrow I think, no messing around on grand pre with my camera in my bag though Sad
snow report
Snowed all day yesterday & is still snowing slightly this morning Blush

Could do with a little bit of sunshine for my begineers group but i suppose they will just have to enjoy powder skiing in iffy light Little Angel

The conditions are great for anyone coming out for a late eater holiday next week or on the www.snoworks.co.uk courses Very Happy
snow report
stewart woodward, Hope to be back on the weekend 12th/13th. Currently trying to find a late deal with a northern airport departure. Tignes website is forecasting more snow into next week. Due to work commitments it's the only week that we can get away, otherwise we'd have been at the EOSB Mad . Never mind.... a weeks skiing is a weeks skiing so hopefullly we will see you in the Alpaka. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
After 2 days of SNOW its bright & clear this morning Laughing Laughing

Looking forward to a great days skiing Blush
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy