Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES snow report winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have the GFS link that would be best for LDA? Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roll on wednesday...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
try this

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_645_ens.png
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rogg, thanks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm also going out on Wednesday - does anybody know what the chances are of the lifts still being closed?

I guess there are some people who have been out on the boot camp in the past few days who haven't skiied at all, that's got to be annoying!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
MarkS,

The wind is forecast to diminish as the week progresses, so Thursday/Friday shold be ok Blush Wednesday looks like being v cold & snowy (-30ish)

Hopefully Double M should be open. It's skiable all the way into Val Claret Little Angel Spent this morning walking up & practicng race starts.

Some skirs/boarders doing a few jumps in the snow park at the bottom of Double M.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That sounds much more promising! Thanks

Wednesday can't come quickly enough
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stewart woodward, when do you think the snow will be good (not just glacier) enough at Tignes for a sneakycheeky long weekend ??
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops wrote:
stewart woodward, when do you think the snow will be good (not just glacier) enough at Tignes for a sneakycheeky long weekend ??

Hopefully this weekend Little Angel Depends on how much snow falls on Wednesday. Lots and they will start opening a few more lifts.

Will update on Thursday
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
-30 doesn't sound like fun seeing as i just got back from 40+ in afghan! thats rather a big difference! feel cold just thinking about it!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stewart woodward, Sounds perfect for our start on the 29th Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is it quite easy to just get on the bus to Val Claret and catch the funicular to the glacier?

Are only the glacier lifts running at the minute?

Oh my God I cannot wait! Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stewart woodward, I have a flight to Geneva on the 13th Dec, so I should really get a bit of pre-trip practice in before then, so weekend of the 25th Nov would seem to be a safe bet for more runs open by then Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would love to see some pics guys!!!

Im heading there for new year and Val T in March!

Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SNOW, SNOW, SNOW Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Looks like about 30cm overnight and still snowing hard Blush Blush

Will be very suprised if the lifts open on time, the avalanche risk will be high.

Will try and post some pictures later today.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
latest report
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Bring it on!

Thanks stewart woodward, will look forward to your pics if you get time. We're headed out to the boot camp on the 25th so this really is the best news. Woo-hoo! Very Happy Very Happy

I'm sure the question has been asked far too many times, but I assume there is a high likelihood that pistes other than the glacier pistes will also be opening by then?
ski holidays
Just seen the webcams Little Angel can't wait 'til Jan 13 Very Happy
ski holidays
stewart woodward, piccies please ! I am out on the 19th Jan so will be salivating over the reports & pics tell then snowHead
snow conditions
Val d'Isere also got a foot of powpow:

http://www.valdisere.com/gb/webcam/webcam/photo.php
snow conditions
Whitegold, Is that not just a stock publicity photo ?

webcam is good but shows a little less than that ?

http://www.valdisere.com/gb/webcam/webcam/webcam.php
latest report
Wooow!

Wasn't forecast for anywhere near that much was it?!

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
latest report
Awesome day Smile POWDER skiing in November Laughing Laughing Laughing

We have had about 50cm of snow today & its still snowing, looks more like a good January Laughing but the amount of snow and continuing high winds has kept the lifts closed. The good news is that Double M & Le Lanches chairlift are due to open tomorrow. The piste markers are out & it's been pisted Laughing Laughing

So today was a little more difficult than i thought but managed to organise touring skis & skins for a group of over 20 so we could do a little walking and find some great POWDER to ski snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

It was difficult taking pictures due to the amount of snow falling but here are a few;

If you want some early season skiing check out the Atomic boot camp links or www.snoworks.co.uk wink
snow report
I think I may die of excitement.
ski holidays
Wow - good to see the photos stewart!! snowHead snowHead
latest report
snowshine wrote:
Quote:

The good news is it has been cold so the snow cannons have been operating and a good base is being developed.

Can I get excited yet...please Laughing ? I'm off to the boot camp in two weeks time and can't wait, just hope the snow doesn't melt now.
Morning all,
what is this "Boot-Camp" I keep hearing about, and how can I get in on the act?
Puzzled
snow conditions
It's still snowing this morning but a little lighter Blush and the clouds are breaking.
All the weather forecasts are saying it should ease as the day progresses and the sun should break through Blush so hopefully we should manage some good skiing today.

When was the last time a snowHead wanted it to stop snowing Puzzled

Looks like fantastic conditions for the next few days but watch out for Monday/Tuesday when 1.0 meter of snow is forecast Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
stewart woodward, excellent news! Bella looks like she was striding out on those skins. Say hello to the Gap guys for me, I'll pop in to see everybody in a couple of weeks time.
ski holidays
salopettes dont fit, Welcome to snowheads. Atomic (the ski people) are running an offer - £99 for three days skiing: price includes accomodation, lift pass and transfers from geneva to resort
http://www.atomicbootcamp.co.uk/

Funnily, if you google for Atomic boot camp, the top result is snowheads Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward, thanks for the pics, awesome stuff for November snowHead

1.0 meter next week Shocked

Surely proof that snowdancing works...
latest report
Stewart Woodward

Sounds great for the next few days,can't wait to be there for the weekend !! Very Happy
snow report
Hi stewart woodward, Just checked the weather/temp readings on Tignes.net. It's a bit king billy isn't it?
snow report
We're thinking of popping over to the Atomic Boot Camp next week. They still have limited availability. I've never skied Tignes before. Is there likely to many pistes open or will it be quite limited?
snow report
it will be limited - check the reports above where it's mentioned that the glacier is open, and they're hoping to ope the DOuble M back to Val Claret, then check that against the lift map,

Still more skiing and better value than the snowdome (and possibly even some smaller resorts!)
ski holidays
For anyone else interested this is the latest availability for the boot camp:

Dear Mike

We’ve hardly got anything left – below is what we have :

Arriving Saturday 17th November – Double Austrian Twin type C room with transfer space

Arriving Tuesday 20th November – Type C Twin room (adult built in bunks) with transfer space

Arriving Tuesday 27th November – Type B double room with transfer space

Arriving Wednesday 28th November – Type A twin room (can sleep up to 4) NO TRANSFER SPACE

Arriving Sunday 2nd December – Type A Twin room (Can sleep up to 4) NO TRANSFER SPACE

Arriving Tuesday 4th December – Type C double room NO TRANSFER SPACE

Arriving Thurs 6th, Friday 7th or Saturday 8th – type C twin room NO TRANSFER SPACE

Arriving Friday 7th December – Two type C twin rooms NO TRANSFER SPACE

Arriving Sunday 9th December – One Double (Austrian Twin) type C room NO TRANSFER SPACE

This is everything we currently have left.

Kind Regards,

Joanne

Mountainsun Ltd

Tel : 07704 181351

mountain.sun@virgin.net

http://www.mountainsunltd.com
snow report
stewart woodward, where did you get the 1m of snow for next week forecast?
ski holidays
Hi Guys, i will try to answer a few of your questions.

Yes it was a little chilly today on the glacier and also skiing under the snow cannons on Double M

Runs open subject to weather conditions are; All the glacier areas (except Leisse), Rimaye & Double M (so it's possible to ski back to val claret).
The nursery slopes in Val Claret & Le Lac have been prepared and may open next week. Other runs are being prepared but are not schedulded to open yet.

1.0m next week Puzzled Local forecast, backed up by weather maps.

As for todays skiing - Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
snow report
Currently on Bootcamp, chalet is damn fine, food is awesome, snow good today but GODAMN it's cold. If you're coming out bring some extra layers, and about 15 pairs of goggles. Running through the snow cannons (on the double M, a very nice, mostly very snowy 2 mile piste) means you now have half an inch of ice on your goggles.
snow conditions
Chart indicates reasonable chance of precipitation and minus temps in the couple of days before I get there next week and hopefully not much while I'm there - I'd rather have vis and hope the winds are down Madeye-Smiley
latest report
just got back to luton airport from the bootcamp and it was MENTAL!!!! Friday was absolutely crazy powder...off piste from behind the fenicular down to double m was knee deep pow and was wicked. met some cool people and got absolutely hammered. big dent in my wallet now but well worth it, just a shame it wasn't a few days longer.
snow report
Looks like heap big dump on Thu. Fingers crossed for the worst being over by Fri and it at least being clearish on the weekend... Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy