Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Snow Report 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
Timmaah wrote:
Wonder if whitegold is eating his hat now...

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whitegold wrote:
It is looking like there will be little or no snow for atleast the next couple weeks. (Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:12 pm)

rolling eyes

snowHead

Razz
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB, prepare your ski again! (I know you already skied Lackenhof last week)
ORF forecast 20cm fresh snow for Hochkar today, 10/50cm was reported yesterday.
What a sight in the first week of November
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kerekip wrote:
DB, prepare your ski again! (I know you already skied Lackenhof last week)
ORF forecast 20cm fresh snow for Hochkar today, 10/50cm was reported yesterday.
What a sight in the first week of November

Looking good. Treated the car windows with rain clear last night http://www.properautocare.com/raclrare.html so that the snow just flys off and any water beads up in preparation for the drive down.

...... but will Hochkar open for the weekend? If not it's back to Lackenhof.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timmaah wrote:

Every dog has its day wink

The weather forecast changed sharply in 24 hrs. The storm is heading much further west than anticipated. It is great news.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whitegold wrote:
Timmaah wrote:

The weather forecast changed sharply in 24 hrs. The storm is heading much further west than anticipated. It is great news.

When did it change so rapidly, and does it mean West enough so that France will get some of the storm? The countryfile forecast on Sunday was showing this precipitation over Austria....

regards,

greg
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
Timmaah wrote:

When did it change so rapidly, and does it mean West enough so that France will get some of the storm? The countryfile forecast on Sunday was showing this precipitation over Austria....

regards,

greg

Not in the models I saw.

The snow was originally only due mostly to hit Eastern Europe.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whitegold wrote:
The snow was originally only due mostly to hit Eastern Europe.

And for the following days.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Really a big dump forecast for the next days.... if finally only catch the half part of prediction it will mean at least a meter of new snow. The most affected regions will be voralberg, tirol, W salzburgerland and NE of switzerland.

We will see......... snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like Kaprun got 40cm fresh overnight (from ca 96cm to 137 cm).

http://www.bergfex.com/austria/schneewerte/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The snoweye cameras this morning show that most of the Tyrol got some last night. Lets hope this continues and stays. WOO HOO Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Finally, Hauser Kaibling, the fourth resort (out of the four) of Schladming opens on 10 November.
Planai, Reiteralm and Hochwurzen (for racing teams only) have been already operating.
And do not forget, this area may be busy for the week-end, Reiteralm holds the WC race which was cancelled in Finnland.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
[quote="DB"]
kerekip wrote:
DB,

Looking good. Treated the car windows with rain clear last night http://www.properautocare.com/raclrare.html so that the snow just flys off and any water beads up in preparation for the drive down.

Hi

Where do you get that in Austria? Also does it actually work??

I have just watched the video but would be interested to know if you have used it before.

Thanks

Nigel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nigel,

Yes it works although you have to keep re-applying a small amount (ca once per month). During rain on the motorway the water beads and I don't have to use the windscreen wipers much. In wet weather I can see through the whole rear window and not just where the wiper clears it. Snow just flys off and doesn't stick then smear when you try to wash it off - very useful during snowstorms. Overall it saves on washer water and gives better vision

Think I picked it up from Forstinger if not OBI. I'll have a look at the bottle tonight and drop you a PM if there's a label on it that indictaes place of purchase.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ANOTHER SNOW ALERT!

Austrian national media reports that extremely snowy days are coming.
People are warned for the so-called 'snow-chaos' in the following days.
Now Tirol seems to have about 100-150cm fresh snow on the resorts by Monday, especially in Arlberg, Ischgl and Lech.
Other parts of Austria may receieve the same amount of fresh snow.
snow report
snowHead snowHead Bring on the snow chaos I say!!!! snowHead snowHead
latest report
Woohoooooooo!!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead 2 months to go..... snowHead
snow report
cathy wrote:
Woohoooooooo!!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead 2 months to go..... snowHead

Woohoooooooo!!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead 9 days to go.....
snow report
waynos, where are you going?
snow report
Kerekip - you've just made my day. Am off to Ischgl for new year Happy
Realise it could have all (like the grin on my face) melted my then, but would rather have a meter of new snow now then not at all!
snow report
kerekip wrote:
waynos, where are you going?

Schladming, just for a long weekend, but will be based in schaldming from Xmas for as long as money last.
ski holidays
waynos, so I will just leave the Ski amade before you arrive in December, at least you can have my personal report ..
kamikaze, these local sources seem to be reliable, they predicted the previous dumps perfectly, I hope they are right again this time.
Yeah, it can melt by then, or more to come. It has been a crazy autumn in Austria so far. Anything is possible.
latest report
kerekip, Any idea what the minimum snowfall height will roughly be?

Reason I ask, family are off to Dorfgastein with lifts between 700-2000m at New Year...
snow conditions
Quote:
Markus, 800-1100m for the rest of the week. (Sport)Gastein has 70cm on the top at the moment, Dorfgastein has 45cm. Both can double by Monday.

This is what I predicted on Wednesday, and now SportGastein has 250cm, and Dorfgastein has 130cm.
What a pleasant mistake! wink

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 13-11-07 15:11; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Crazy yet awesome.
snow conditions
Ok - remember everyone when the snow fell in Sept/Oct and everybody says it wouldnt last and would simply melt?

Is that the case now, or is there much chance of this staying and being the season's base?
snow report
Markus wrote:
Ok - remember everyone when the snow fell in Sept/Oct and everybody says it wouldnt last and would simply melt?

Is that the case now, or is there much chance of this staying and being the season's base?

The chance of it staying is much higher now. The last snow fell on a warm ground and then the temps increased, finaly a warm wind blew a lot of it away. The temps are forecast to drop even lower at the weekend so the ground and any wind will be colder. The chances of this current snowfall forming the seasons base are very high (IMO).

PS Kitzsteinhorn up to 160 cm (thats over 60cm fresh in two days - Whitegold, stick that in your hat and eat it snowHead ).
snow conditions
Markus wrote:

Schladming has managed to stay open higher up since 26 Oct, from the webcams some snow survived the late oct dump, though it's now covered in a fresh layer snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markus, I wouldn't worry too much about Dorfgastein even though the valley is at 700m. The area is well equiped with snow machines. snowHead
ski holidays
Does Schladming have the most runs/lifts open in the world??
snow report
kitenski, No, they just have a great PR machine and an active fanclub. Based on the last SCGB snow reports, the open resorts in Austria have the following lift status:

Hintertux 15 out of 21
Kaprun 9 out of 23
Kaunertal 7 out of 8
Neustift 18 out of 25
Pitztal 6 out of 7
Schladming 3 out of 46
Solden 10 out of 35

France is poor, with LDA and Tignes open with 16/27 and 8/47 respectively, while Switzerland and Italy are little better. The only other open resorts now are in the US, and they're minimal as well.
latest report
AN UPDATE ON SKI RESORT OPENINGS!

This week-end all the four hills of Schladming are open.
Turracher Hohe is still open with one lift.

Hinterstoder reopens on Sunday.
Kitzbühel/Pass Thurn starts on Saturday.

Germany is also looking good. Three resorts open on Sunday: Zugspitze, Grasgehren im Allgäu and Feldberg.

And do not forget all the Austrian glaciers offer perfect condition.

Obertauern and Saalbach-Hinterglemm, two favourite SnowHeads' resorts open on 17/18 Nov week-end.
ski holidays
Very Happy
latest report
Hi,

There are weather warnings out for Austria because of the risk of heavy snow this weekend. I hope there is not too much to stop the race at Reiterlam tomorrow!! We are only about 45 mins away from it but I don't know whether we will be bale to get the car out tomorrow!!

I have just been out for a quick walk and there must be about 20 cm already!!

It has been snowing all day but not sticking but since dusk it has been. The temp is now -1oc and looking at this more to come:-

http://www.wetteronline.de/dldlradf.htm

The mountains must have loads now .This morning the official depth was 50 cm and it has snowed all day and all night so far.

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Nigel[/url]
snow report
Hochkar plans to open on 17/18 Nov week-end.

Reiteralm now 100cm (ca 30cm fresh)
Kaprun now 210 (ca 50cm fresh)

I blame global warming meself Wink
ski holidays
kerekip wrote:
Finally, Hauser Kaibling, the fourth resort (out of the four) of Schladming opens on 10 November.
Planai, Reiteralm and Hochwurzen (for racing teams only) have been already operating.
And do not forget, this area may be busy for the week-end, Reiteralm holds the WC race which was cancelled in Finnland.

Just checked the webcams and indeed spotted skiers at the top of Hauser Kaibling, must be enjoying some fresh powder. Reiterlam is reporting 100cm at top and 20cm valley (def green in valley yesterday). Can't wait out next weekend and snow forecast all week with dropping temps!
ski holidays
Obertauern looks fantastic, depth today is 100cms on mountain, 70cms resort level, and continuing to snow for next 3 days - looks deeper now than all last season http://www.huettenzauberer.info/index.html?lmd=39218.845197 Hope it continues through to Feb Very Happy Don't you just love this time of year with all ahead...
ski holidays
sharon1953,
Loads of snow in Obertauern, just look at this Shocked
latest report
Hywel wrote:
sharon1953,
Loads of snow in Obertauern, just look at this Shocked

That's loads. They'll need a JCB to clear the snow before they open that bar!!! snowHead snowHead
snow report
more web cams pics here of the snow at Haus near Schladming, opened up some lifts today.

http://www.hauser-kaibling.at/de/wetter/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy