Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Superstylin'. What's on your Mp3 player when you are skiing/boarding?

Poster: A snowHead
Try Coming Down the Mountain by Janes Addiction just to get you in the mood. Having said that I don't listen to mine when skiing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
UNKLE, Ian Brown, tempo stuff that makes that 'PERFECT MOMENT' run all the way up the back of your neck.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't own an MP3 player beyond my laptop PC, am I deprived?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, Yes. I just carried 4000 songs to Paris in my top pocket.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm a No Music Man, but I do have symapthies with stab - your mistake my friend is to be anywhere near those people wittering on about the savage black 21 charly and emily just went down. If you can hear this sort of stuff you are On Piste. Get off! Get off the motorway and out into some Real snow. There you will find the Music Of The Mountains mentioned by eng_ch and friends.
MP3 players useful though for long boring lifts when all around you are nattering in some foreign lingo and puffing smoke in your face.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote=" the Music Of The Mountains "
Is this like Manuel and his Music of the Mountains or am I really, really, really showing my age now? Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim wrote:
I'm a No Music Man, but I do have symapthies with stab - your mistake my friend is to be anywhere near those people wittering on about the savage black 21 charly and emily just went down. If you can hear this sort of stuff you are On Piste. Get off! Get off the motorway and out into some Real snow.

ah but unfortunately you have to get into a lift queue at some point though Sad

I think I've been down this road before with my views of hearing people talking on lifts, I even think it was one of the sparks that ignited my hissy fit last year Laughing

I'll get back on point, Breaks is t3h r0xx0rz for riding.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ANDY
Quote:

if I did have an MP3 on the slopes, then it'd be something with the right rythm to help me do turns more fluidly and more persistently

I agree - it's all about rhythm. To that end - since the 80's (I'm embarrassed to admit) I have happily and consistently listened to the Cocteau Twins album Treasure. Some tracks are perfect for bowls, others for moguls, some for blacks and loads for reds.

Can't recommend it more highly.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi abc...

i ski on my own because none of my existing friends are skiers and i don't have a partner/family to go with.

so i'm a solo skier and need to find other like minded solo skiers to travel with.

last year was my first year away and i didn't have an mp3 player with me on the mountain because i had lessons the whole time. but one of the girls i travelled with did. i don't think it inhibited her bonding with others!

again - you can have a couple of hours blasting away on your own and a couple of hours skiing away with a pal...none of us are restricted to only sticking to the one way of enjoying our chosen sport!

my website is to allow solo travellers to find other people to travel with - not about how wonderful it is to ski on your own. why don't you have a look!

qs
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

my website is to allow solo travellers to find other people to travel with ...
why don't you have a look!

But I already have Snowhead. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i'm delighted for you.

so you shop at the same supermarket for the rest of your life? or only ever eat the same meal?

has no one ever mentioned variety is the SPICE of life?

wink

you may have snowhead but thousands don't!

thanks for your support though.... Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmm I'm obviously very predictable:

AC/DC check
Beastie Boys check
Ace of Spades check

& of course Run to the Hills (I am the king of cheese but in my defence I had it on my mp3 before it was the signature track in SSX)

Best ever music accompanied run - 7 nation army

(Obviously very quiet, in 1 ear only on days when I am the only one around wink )
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When you are skiing with a pal do any of you chat the whole way down the slope ? Do you turn in synch so that you don't lose the thread of the conversation? or, like me, do you meet at the bottom and have a chat on the lift or in the bar? If this is the case, how does listening to music preclude you from skiing with a friend?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

SPICE

Oh God. rolling eyes

Please don't get me started on that lot. Bunch of wierdos.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, lol...who?
ski holidays
Quote:

so you shop at the same supermarket for the rest of your life? or only ever eat the same meal?

You're confusing yourself. The two examples you choose are of very different concepts.

A supermarket has many items for one to choose from. So yes, I will gladly shop at the same supermarket as long as I found what I'm looking for. And I can have many different meals out of that same supermarket.

Quote:

has no one ever mentioned variety is the SPICE of life?

As I just illustrated above, you've just mistaken restlessness with variety of life.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 17-10-07 20:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
queen_sheba, sad singles group, call themselves 'Single People In Challenging Environments'. Like a package holiday in an English-run ski resort clubhotel is 'challenging'.

I've just e-mailed your pistepals link to my mate in Edinburgh by the way - she has just split with her bird and I'm trying to persuade her that the plus point is that she can once more go skiing.
ski holidays
abc, not sure i understand your point. regardless thanks for your input.
latest report
hmm, I like a challenge. Going to take most/all these song suggestions and mash them together into a mix. Have a few things I have to finish first but then I'm clear for a few months.

Just going to paste them here for later on.
AC/DC
Beastie Boys
Ace of Spades
Run to the Hills
Cocteau Twins album Treasure
7 nation army
UNKLE
Ian Brown
Rammstein (haha god knows what to do to them Puzzled )
Underworld Rez
Prodigy Their Law album
White Stripes
Goldfrapp
The Gossips Standing in the Way of Control
Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco!, Dykeenies, Biffy Clyro, Blink 182
Pure Shores
prodigy - firestarter
Underworld
Scooter (over my dead body)
Faithless
Moby 18
U2 vertigo
Me Against The World by Simple Plan
Massive Attack
Orbital
League Unlimited Orchestra - 'Things That Dreams are Made Of'
Blur - Track 2
ACDC - Whole lot of Rossie
Led Zep - Rock & Roll
Clash - Should I stay or should I go now
lenny kravitz....are you gonna go my way
White Lines by Grandmaster Flash and Melle Mel
Mountains by Prince

well that looks interesting, I'm sure I can screw that up.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 18-10-07 14:00; edited 2 times in total
snow report
ooo lenny kravitz....are you gonna go my way!

ps would love a copy of that once you are done!
ski holidays
I'll post it up when I'm done, probably be a month, I'm a bit slow lately.
snow report
Rage against the machine if I'm skiing alone.

Adrenaline!!
snow conditions
Quote:

ACDC - Whole lot of Rossie

Is that a collaboration with Status Quo?
latest report
Foo Fighters - one by one
snow report
stab, that'll be ace. I like what you do, it's just I prefer guitar music!
ski holidays
queen_sheba, this morning I nearly froze my nuts off when I went for my wake up run at 06:30 round the Meadows + Princes Street... winter is definately on its way... woooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The choons whilst I run.. they are pretty much the same as when I ski... .. man I need to expand my musical repertoire... I might buy one of those rainforest sounds or frog song CDs... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Oh by the way Blur..

It is Song 2... not Track 2 .... sorry to be pedantic NehNeh
latest report
stab, sounds good! don't forget White Lines by Grandmaster Flash and Melle Mel, and Mountains by Prince (best piano ever)
ski holidays
 brian
brian
ickabodblue, also DOA, when I'm skiing tuned up, no-one gets out alive Twisted Evil
snow report
Quote:
pam w, I think he was joking

OK, sorry..... Embarassed

yes, it's all about rhythm. Skiing to music is like dancing - and when you want to do that John Travolta thing, or any other exercise, you can really get into it. Turning in time to the music is a good discipline too, a bit like having gates, but you don't need the hardware. Need the right combo of music track and slope, though, or could end in tears. I specially like the Scissors Sisters' "Take your Mama" when out with my kids! I sometimes have a small bet with myself about how many other snowboarders have Pergolesi's Stabat Mater (only a few of the tracks are suitable, most too mournful) on their MP3. I always win my bet, and buy myself a drink. Can't snowboard for long, even with music!
latest report
I love music and listen to a lot but not when skiing. It may be different for those of you who live in the mountains but every minute I get in the mountains is precious. The wilder and quieter the better - music would take me partially back to the rest of my life which is exactly the opposite of what I want to achieve. I just LOVE mountains.
ski holidays
jedster wrote:
music would take me partially back to the rest of my life which is exactly the opposite of what I want to achieve.

That's exactly what I used to get when I was UK and office based, I would listen to classic fm, my reasoning being I'm very unlikely to listen to that music anywhere else so I could never remind myself of work.

Just starting to download all those songs in the list, getting close to personal best territory, I think around 50 in 45 minutes is my most crammed in mix. Most of them will be played 2 or 3 at a time to get them all in and most if not all will not sound like the originals, I hope (rammstein Laughing)
snow report
jedster wrote:
I love music and listen to a lot but not when skiing. It may be different for those of you who live in the mountains but every minute I get in the mountains is precious. The wilder and quieter the better - music would take me partially back to the rest of my life which is exactly the opposite of what I want to achieve. I just LOVE mountains.

For me, I really listen to music. Not just hear it in the background. So this combining music with gym, skiing or running/biking just baffles me.

When I hear a peice of music I like, I stop everything so I can REALLY listen.

Moreover, I actually like hearing the wind I "created" by skiing/running/cycling fast! Very Happy
ski holidays
one more for the list to prove that even hard core music can give a wicked rhythm to ski to .....(and that I don't just listen to music from the 80's):

Check out Cuts & Lies by Acoustic Ladyland: http://www.myspace.com/acousticladylandmusic
(select the specific track in the player on the right of the page)
snow report
queen_sheba wrote: I'm sure it's more common than you think.
Your Majesty, you are so right. I can count on my hands and feet the amount of skiers and boarders I spy adjusting their music players just before sliding off from the top or middle station. Anyway, count me in as number 10. Razz
ski holidays
this .....http://youtube.com/v/azwXuTIEyto (the tunes not the vid) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Colin B wrote:
Try Coming Down the Mountain by Janes Addiction just to get you in the mood. Having said that I don't listen to mine when skiing.

Colin B There seems to be an inconsistency in your posting. Your first sentence says 'Try Coming Down the Mountain by Janes Addiction just to get you in the mood.' Then your next sentence says: 'Having said that I don't listen to mine when skiing.' My question is; if you've never skied with Janes Addiction blasting in your ear lugs, how can you qualify your first sentence?? rolling eyes
snow report
Blade, he only suggested people try it. I could suggest that you should all try having your legs bitten off by a tiger, but it doesn't mean I'm about to do it myself.
snow report
Hotel costas....any track.......fantastic
ski holidays
Lizzard, however you choose to interpret it, Colin B was telling porkies.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy