Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Superstylin'. What's on your Mp3 player when you are skiing/boarding?

Poster: A snowHead
I need some ideas for my MP3 player. I guess it's like your playlist for the gym - what tunes aid your enjoyment?

love to hear your ideas...

x
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't listen to music on the slopes (except from the speakers at the snowbar) but for some strange reason Rammstein and skiing seem to go together well
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitenoise?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I love Underworld Rez, its one of my favourite skiing songs but anything dancey seems to work. The Prodigy Their Law albulm has a good mix of their hits and The Chemical Brothers are also good, more recent stuff I listen includes The White Stripes, Goldfrapp and I loved The Gossips Standing in the Way of Control at the start of this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen_sheba, for the first ride up the gondola / chairlift nothing beats Pure Shores by the All Saints to chill you out..

To get you psyched.. try Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco!, Dykeenies, Biffy Clyro, Blink 182.... I think you see were I am going...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It has to be the Beastie Boys the whole way, particularly the Ill Communication Album
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the ace of spades - motorhead.

prodigy - firestarter.

mr toastie....edinburgh huh? sitting in st andrew's square right now. did you feel the chill in the air this morning? winter's a-comin'!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen_sheba, I certainly did..... wooooooooooo hooooooooooo! Bring on the white stuff...!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Music to spoil the serenity and atmosphere of skiing!!! No music for me.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eh kid's now a days.....get with the program it has to be....Blancmange "God's Kitchen" a world class skiing song the beat fits right in with my pole plant rhythm.. ask yer mum about them.

Alright..at a push

Underworld..dubnobasswithmyheadman
Scooter..all of it
Faithless..the best of..

Although as a general rule I prefer skiing with people rather than my cassette walkman...
Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, yeah my favourite track is the one of virtually 0 decibels, basking in the sun on the really long slow chairlift up from Champoussin towards Avoriaz.

Failing that, if I did have an MP3 on the slopes, then it'd be something with the right rythm to help me do turns more fluidly and more persistently.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
queen_sheba, I cycled in to work this morning in shorts. Distinctly nippy !

I put my ipod on shuffle for skiing.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OMG OMG - YOU CANNOT LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE YOU'RE SKIING - YOU ARE CERTAIN TO KILL PEOPLE

wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen_sheba wrote:
I need some ideas for my MP3 player. I guess it's like your playlist for the gym - what tunes aid your enjoyment?

MP3 player is lame.

Going to the gym is booooring.

Adding a MP3 player to the gym isn't helping either.

Skiing is so much fun I don't need no stinking MP3 players.

Last but not least, is your skiing mate so boring you need a MP3 player? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
aye = i'll bet! it's wasn't frosty enough for seeing your breath but not far off it! Lovely and sunny though. i must say ideal skiing conditions - c'mon glen nevis - show us what you've got!!

so....some nice chill out-y music would be something from Moby 18 - perhaps the whole album!

thinking cap is in for more....u2 perhaps - vertigo!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Arno, it was only a matter of time .... rolling eyes Laughing

Now, about wearing a helmet while pregnant .....
latest report
Mostly rock and gothic and heavy metal!
Punky tunes for fast skiing and confidence
Metal for something really gnarly!
Me Against The World by Simple Plan for getting psyched up
snow report
abc, - not sure if you are joking or not!

crazy_skier_jules, yeah rock/heavy metal seems to work really well for some reason!

anyone like dancy/housey type music?
snow conditions
i only use an ipod when im on my tod either meeting people who got up late or on a loooong lift on my own.. when sking with a group of mates i want to able to hear them yelp when they stack it..
ski holidays
taking us right back to an older post of mine about skiing alone.
ski holidays
I tend not to listen to anything as I'm with people, however, I have a couple of playlists for when I'm by myself. Mainly heavy or fast stuff e.g Rammstein, Metallica, Offspring etc. occasionally bouncy stuff e.g. Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger and one that's chilled out: Massive Attack, Air etc.

This probably exposes my musical tatse in a not to great light but hey-ho.
snow report
brian wrote:
Now, about wearing a helmet while pregnant .....

as any fule kno, this is a bad idea because the hard surface of the helmet could damage your unborn in a fall
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, andy, the music of the mountain Wink

Arno, oh behave!!!! Very Happy
snow report
dear me, far too much guitar music in this thread :backsawayandclosesthedoor:
ski holidays
stab, hence why i asked if anyone liked house/dance music while they are skiing/boarding!
latest report
Most of what I listen to is in my blog http://stabmeister.blogspot.com/ , glitchy electro house stuff, loads of mashup stuff, superchunk mixes etc, and a bit of hip hop but not too much.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen_sheba, it has to be the League Unlimited Orchestra - 'Things That Dreams are Made Of'. Any of the oldies around here will recognise it as the music played when they were running down the names of the competing skiers on Ski Sunday (when David Vine presented it). League Unlimited Orchestra = Instrumental remixes of the Human League.

Underworld - dubnobasswithmyheadman, great choice. mmm, skyscraper I love you.
Orbital - The Brown Album

cfc5mu0, Scooter? Shocked. Nooooooooooooo. but each to their own - no offence intended Smile.

All of this is music that I could imagine skiing to because like most people on here, I don't ski with my headphones on wink.
ski holidays
oh i don't know about that thewahwah, 9 of the people posting on here say they listen to music when skiing (sometimes)

I'm sure it's more common than you think. There are times for quiet and deep "at one-ness" with nature and there are times for blasting down with your favourite tune! rather than enjoying only one, or the other - why not mix it up a bit and enjoy BOTH. life is too short to stick doing the same thing all the time!

(quote from random website - Since the dawn of time, man has used music as self-expression, as a means of community bonding, and for simple entertainment)

yah!! we love music.... Twisted Evil rock and roll baby
<sorry - that was supposed to say yay! not yah. I went to a community high school!)lol

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 17-10-07 15:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
for me going up without music is like going up with one binding missing, except missing a binding doesn't make me hear other people wittering on about the savage black 21 charly and emily just went down.
ski holidays
DnB will definitely get you in the mood wink
snow report
Arno, don't talk (shout) such rubbish. I have managed 10 years of skiing to music without even coming close to hitting anyone, let alone killing them. I have a mad mix, on shuffle. Never know what's coming on next, from Bach to the Scissors Sisters. Easily muted when you need to be sociable. I doubt whether anyone else would want my mix of music, though.
ski holidays
I love music while skiing and wakeboarding but I find MP3 players so antisocial. At least when i'm on the boat i have the stereo blasting so everyone is equally deaf. When I'm skiied with people who have their ipods on its so annoying when you need to ask them a question.
latest report
pam w, TURN ON YOUR SARCASM-DETECTOR

rolling eyes
snow conditions
i think he was joking pam w, ?

It's so hard to tell on here though!

the wink symbol is always handy!

okay so if you don't listen to music ON the mountain - what do you listen to to get you in the mood before leaving the chalet?

s
ski holidays
abc wrote:
MP3 player is lame.
Correct, generally the recommended codec... (I'll get me coat) rolling eyes

pam w, I think he was joking Wink
ski holidays
Correct, generally the recommended codec... (I'll get me coat)
Jerry, er in english for a thick scots person?
snow report
queen_sheba, Sorry, it was honestly the first thing that came to mind when I read the post, LAME being a bit of software often used for encoding (creating) MP3 files.
Must get out more... rolling eyes
latest report
Jerry, if it helps you any I got it Embarassed
ski holidays
queen_sheba wrote:
abc, - not sure if you are joking or not!

I was joking alright. But does anyone else see the irony in the owner of a "single skier" site skiing with MP3 players? Might have some correlation between the two? Wink
latest report
queen_sheba, don't have the i-pod with me, but the tunes in my head or singing out loud are either:

Blur - Track 2
ACDC - Whole lot of Rossie
Led Zep - Rock & Roll
Clash - Should I stay or should I go now?

Lets just say I like it fast and furious Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy