Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you need a Mojo?

Poster: A snowHead
Bode Swiller wrote:
and 8 out of 10 cats said their owners would be better off developing a posture that employed their skeleton as a means of support so that they wouldn't get so tired in the first place.

Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bode Swiller wrote:
and 8 out of 10 cats said their owners would be better off developing a posture that employed their skeleton as a means of support so that they wouldn't get so tired in the first place.

Laughing Laughing

So THAT'S what the Americans are on about when they mention cat skiing! wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey guys, this is my first post here so go easy please Smile

I'm one of those [early adopters/technology addicts/gullable consumers] that has ordered one, and I'm using it in Whistler over Christmas and New Year. I'm blogging about it here:

http://www.gonegoing.com/db069d22-ec84-4d0b-a794-42b44f68a931.article

I just put up my initial thoughts and showed the (surprisingly laborious) process of getting it up and running - as someone above mentioned, the actual Ski-Mojo site is next to useless at giving any information. I'll let you guys know when the final verdict is in if you're interested.

Disclaimer: I own the site I linked to, however the link is very relevent to this thread and I hope will be interesting to the people here!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jamesthurley, hi and welcome to snowHeads. I looked at your tale of the initial set up of the Mojo and to be honest, would have given up then! This isn't technology - it's a DIY project Laughing . You are nuts! Will be interested to see your thoughts when you ski with it though rolling eyes .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi everyone, I just finished my article on the Ski Mojo - for those that don't want to read it all my overall feeling was that I really liked it and it will definately be joining me on future ski trips, but the price tag is probably a little high for what is a fairly subtle (but noticable) improvement to your skiing. Hope the article is useful to some of you!

http://www.gonegoing.com/db069d22-ec84-4d0b-a794-42b44f68a931.article

Cheers,
James.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice review.

Your conclusions seem as predicted.

The Mojo is overpriced and undermarketed.

It has a rubbish slogan and a rubbish brand.

It sounds like it will flop.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold wrote:
Nice review.

Your conclusions seem as predicted.

The Mojo is overpriced and undermarketed.

It has a rubbish slogan and a rubbish brand.

It sounds like it will flop.

True. Seems to work though, which could be a saving grace if the owners take these points on board.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will it give me 30% less pain in the knees. People above have scoffed, people with arthritic knees want to know if people using the product with a similar condition have gleaned any benefits. Well is there anyone out there?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
First post on here - I have used the Ski Mojo. I am 44 years old working mother and only ski now one week a year. i did two seasons years ago and have not been able to ski like i did back then. I am not as fit as i like and have cranky knees. I used the Mojo on the free test in val d'isere. It took a few runs to get used to it, i had to remember to turn it on and off before and after lifts and it did feel strange at first. However, I skiied without it and i was in pain and frustration so back on it went and stayed on. I was able to ski and keep up with my kids and i got faster and more confident as the week went on and i wasnt knackered like i generally am. It might not be for everybody, but if you have knee probs or arent as fit as you should be ( one of the other people in the chalet bought one saying he felt like his legs were twenty years younger, which is how i felt too). All i would say is dont knock it till you try it... i was sceptical too. Free trial in val d'isere. The only negative was i found it a bit awkward in the mornings until you attach it to your ski boots but then you forget its there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman,

Cider vinegar is said to help..failing that, new knees ..!!

so cider vinegar and voltranol...spelling..!!!

got a few I know through some skiing...

walking a few days after isn't a great idea tho'
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Unfortunately I didn't start skiing until I was 27 and have now been skiing for 20 years. I'm very busy at home and work and never seem to have the time to properly prepare for my ski trips (2-3 a year). I am relatively fit and not unduly overweight (stereotypical beer belly). For the first day or two of each trip I really enjoy skiing hard all day, but by the end of day two my legs are tired and for the rest of the trip I can only ski to a fraction of my potential due to muscle fatigue.
I tested the mojo extensively whist out in Val d'Isere and can report the following:
The initial fitting of the mojo was a bit of a pain in the back bottom - much like buying a flat pack wardrobe, but it didn't take as long as I feared it would. What was really surprising was that it was not visible AT ALL under my trousers, and didn't inhibit my usual walking movement at all. In fact I soon forgot I had it on.
So, day three and off I went with my tired legs. For the first three or four turns it did feel a bit odd, like someone was trying to pull me forward in my boots. But very quickly this feeling dissapeared and I was amazed at how much easier it was on my legs and how much much better my stance was. I was skiing like I had done on day one and instead of thinking about my fitness I was able to concentrate on my technique. I skied with the mojo for the rest of the week and I was able to ski FLAT OUT with no leg tiredness at all.
For those of you 'ski doods' who are in their twenties or (fit) thirties, I doubt this is the thing for you. But don't be surprised if in 20 years time you're eating humble pie!
For those skiers like me who want to ski like they are twenty years old, I'd recommend it. For the price of a pair of boots I have revolutionised my skiing experience.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thought I would give you all some thoughts on the Ski Mojo.
As one of ife`s natural cynics, I was volunteered by the guvnor to test this thing. Wondering where dorothy toto and the scarecrow had gone, I was fitted (about 15 minutes). Walking around one is concious of the device but not discomforted, it felt a bit like walking around with half pulled down boxer shorts. Arriving on the Glacier I dubiously set the switches to on and hammered off down my usual path, wierd like super wierd.
It took four runs to learn to trust the device, having done that, it was, I must admit very very good. Impressive in the extreme over poor pistes and bumps, it definately reduces muscle fatigue and tiredness over the course of a long day. Also as a bi product of the design , you are aware of how you are postured over the ski, which is very much appreciated by lazy back door skiiers like myself. Object lesson to me in try something before you slate it in ignorance, I think Im gonna try it a bit more through the course of the season.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I tried these on at the ski show last year in London. Everyone took the wee wee, but I was quite impressed. It appeared to give a useful amount of support to the thighs, didn't affect the basic range of movement, was discrete and it was easy to engage and disengage.

Q: Will I buy one?
A: Not yet, but as the years catch up a bit I can see it getting more and more tempting.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My first post - go easy...
I brought this Mojo thing for my wife for Christmas, so I really wanted her to like it.
Sadly she took one look and refused to even try it.
So I had to take on the burden of testing it out for you.

In terms of how it feels skiing with it - well it's not bad at all. It's a bit of a cross between regular skiing and one of those old fashioned snow bike type things (the ones with a sprung seat rather than the new stand up ones).

In other words to feel it working you sit down and it takes some of your weight off the thighs. BUT you don't get something for nothing. The problem is the spring supporting your weight makes it more difficult to unload your ski, so when you try and pick up one foot everything has become considerably heavier.

In practice for me this meant the big difference was that the speed of my turns were much slower than normal, and I suspect that for most of you expert skiiers that will be a deal breaker.

Someone else commented it pushes you forwards into the correct skiing posture - I didn't feel this at all, the part that attaches to your boots just keeps the hinges correctly lined up.

HOWEVER - I can see this working for some people. Yes it does reduce the overall effort. I should say I am a fit and strong 34 year old guy (described by my girl friends at the gym recently as looking 'very buff') and skiing all day is not a problem, so I'm not the target market for this sort of thing.

I am a product engineer myself and I can tell you that the standard of the engineering, quality of materials, and detail design is extremely good (as it should be for £300). A lot of thought and development has gone into this, far more dare I say than the Umpteenth different version of Salomon X-screams

I'll post some more thoughts if anyone is interested.....but I think most of you have written this product off already...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
largechris, Welcome to snowHeads (hopefully you have since bought Mrs largechris a replacement present wink )
snow conditions
largechris, welcome and thanks. I am considering a Mojo as the knees are shot.
latest report
After a weekend of gentle exercise and lots of knee pain I have ordered one. I shall be honoured to giive a first snowhead long term field test of the ski mojo.

Please get warmed up with your sarcasm and biting wit. Please also fell free to tell me what a lazy, fat barsteward I am. Please fell free to discount the 4 big (old school) operations on the left knee and the subsequent 15 years of rugby that have resulted in most of my body being knackered.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Good luck old bean.

Generally sounds like the kind of thing that if you're into pfaffing about will be just the job. Just reading the basics would make me lose the will...

Hand luggage or hold?
ski holidays
I will wear it and bound to the plane in an Inspector Gadget type fashion Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Nice one largechris, I'm thinking of buying my wife a snooker table for her birthday, hope she likes it wink
snow report
Good luck through security checks!
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Hilarious! Toofy Grin Very Happy Laughing
snow conditions
So far soo good. The box arrived 48 hrs after on-line ordering.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, are you going to try it out on a ski treadmill then? I think I'd rather have one of those having had a look at the research article on the web site...

n = 1 in the scientific testing, and quite a lot of big claims from no data analysis whatsoever other than looking at percentage reductions in muscle activity.
snow conditions
MarjMJ, No I shall be trying it out in the Dolomites in 3 weeks time Very Happy snowHead . Looks quite comfortable and robust. Those in the office have already ripped the piss out of me....and none of them are skiers Embarassed
snow report
think i saw duncan bannatyne from dragons den skiing with one of these the other day wink wink
snow conditions
empinky, I hope I see him when skiing and then I can report on how they stand up to a heavy collision Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, For you I can see nothing really wasted in trying the device, at the end of the day price wise it would appear to be no more than a set of skis might cost, and if it assists in allowing you to again enjoy pain free skiing (or less pain in your skiing) then why should any of us scoff? At least you are serious enough about enjoying your sport to be prepared to try something different to keep you skiing and enjoying the slopes in the same way and for as long as your other ski buddies (don't forget I still want to ski with you one day too snowHead so I hope it helps you for you and for me!!). By the sounds of the descriptions posted above it would appear that you have persevere with it a little, but I'm sure having the determination to buy it you will give it a really good try. I shall look forward to reading how you get on with it. I should think those with knee injuries will be really interested too - I wonder if it has any scope in helping the ACL victims that we seem to have had so many of here in the last 12 months? Good Luck with your experiments. snowHead Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, Cheers, that is how I see it.

Well the fitting was easy, although the power strap on the back of my nordica speedmachine 8s now is wonky at the back but this doesn't seem a problem. No drilling of the boot. just used one of the power strap holes.

I suspect I will havv to wear long johns for comfort but have just done my 1st pain free squat in years, Very impressed so far.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I am following this with interest, please do keep letting us know how you get on with it. My hubby is in a similar state to you and he is considering getting one, so we are really keen to hear how you go with it. Good to hear about the squat experiment, impressive Very Happy
snow report
largechris wrote:
My first post - go easy...
I brought this Mojo thing for my wife for Christmas, so I really wanted her to like it.
Sadly she took one look and refused to even try it.
So I had to take on the burden of testing it out for you.

In terms of how it feels skiing with it - well it's not bad at all. It's a bit of a cross between regular skiing and one of those old fashioned snow bike type things (the ones with a sprung seat rather than the new stand up ones).

In other words to feel it working you sit down and it takes some of your weight off the thighs. BUT you don't get something for nothing. The problem is the spring supporting your weight makes it more difficult to unload your ski, so when you try and pick up one foot everything has become considerably heavier.

So, for skiers who do not pick up their ski, it really isn't that much of a punishment?

For those same skiers it wouldn't be much of a benefit either, if they ski with their femurs close to vertical?

Quote:

In practice for me this meant the big difference was that the speed of my turns were much slower than normal, and I suspect that for most of you expert skiiers that will be a deal breaker.

I don't call myself 'expert' in anything but my day job. My big question is whether it makes it easier or faster to recover from the back seat when knocked there by a mogul or something.

Quote:

I'll post some more thoughts if anyone is interested.....but I think most of you have written this product off already...

Please comment on how it works in bumps. The major competitor to it, CADS http://www.cads.com/ works quite well in bumps IMO, though the installation is a complete pain.
ski holidays
comprex, I thought CADS was a bit of a Vail speciality and never really sold anywhere else, is it really a competitor?
snow report
I may get an interesting response for saying this, but time and again I see opinions expressed, overblown with apparent arrogance borne through some self-conferred authority on all matters relating to snow. This thread is no exception, a)with people belittling someone who has come up with an idea and is trying to make a go of it and b) actually, skiing is for people of ALL ages, and at some point you all may get to a point where the mind is strong but the body is somewhat the worse for wear - and maybe, just maybe, this mojo thing might let you ski on for a couple of years more. I do know of someone who has managed to recover their skiing hobby because, and only because, someone came along with this idea - it worked for them - it warranted a full page spread in the Daily Telegraph a month or so back.

Fair play to anyone who comes up with a new idea - give it a go - and ignore those who demonstrate their small-mindedness, nay-saying anyone who has the creativity to come up with something and the balls to set out in business. Best of British to them!

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
So, for skiers who do not pick up their ski, it really isn't that much of a punishment?

- Sorry my snowhead lingo is not quite up to speed - by 'pick up' I just mean unloading, I don't know what the figures are but say you take 20kg off one leg (therefore putting 20kg onto the other - Newtons if you're fussy) then with the mojo you are going to require ?30kg of effort 'upwards'.
Imagine your skis feel like they are magnetised to the ground a bit.
Skiers who don't pick up their ski? Ever? I imagine they would all be dead from being unable to make a turn?

For those same skiers it wouldn't be much of a benefit either, if they ski with their femurs close to vertical?
- If you never bend your legs, well no, but it makes it easier to bend/relax/sit backwards (because it wants to spring you back upright). There is a link below to a quick video of me so you can judge my level of skiing. I wasn't using the mojo at the time but there is really nothing to see different with it on:
http://uk.youtube.com/v/jb89RsUO9xs&feature=channel_page
-

Quote:

I don't call myself 'expert' in anything but my day job. My big question is whether it makes it easier or faster to recover from the back seat when knocked there by a mogul or something.

- I wouldn't even call myself an expert at my day job. No way is the mojo going to help you ski moguls. I had the same thought before using it, bionic legs powering you down the field.... not a chance.

Quote:

Please comment on how it works in bumps. The major competitor to it, CADS http://www.cads.com/ works quite well in bumps IMO, though the installation is a complete pain.

- Hadn't heard of CADS, just looked at it, and ... WOOOHAAAHAAAA! HEEEEHEEEEHEEEE! No way Jose! How could anyone use that? Is that for real?

Overall the mojo reduces your agility and slows your legs down, so if you think it's going to turn you into eduoard groperon (was that his name, competed years ago?) - nope.

-
snow report
Call me overly cynical, but three new posters on a two page thread is a tad suspicious to me. Shocked
ski holidays
FlyingStantoni, I felt the same thing... but...

I am sure we have all skied with people with knee braces, and making those more "active" for people like FtS is an intersting idea.

If however it mainly allowed unfit people to ski to closer to complete exhaustion...
ski holidays
Particularly suspicious are my posts seeing as how I gave the ski mojo such a glowing 100% thumbs up.....
Wait a moment.....
snow report
As I say:
FlyingStantoni wrote:
Call me overly cynical

Toofy Grin
snow report
rich, saw several at Heavenly last year and a few at Sierra-at-Tahoe. So not -strictly- a Vail thing. wink
snow conditions
Voted number one ski gadget on tonight's Gadget Show. While I appreciate that Jason is a c__k and gushed over it far too vigourously, the other items featured were, on the whole, garbage so the field of competition wasn't that great.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy