Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you need a Mojo?

Poster: A snowHead
Inside the November issue of the DM Ski and Snowboard magazine there was a flyer for a new (to me anyway) product called a ski-mojo. Shocked Some excerpts from the flyer:

DISCOVER THE POWER TO CHANGE THE WAY YOU SKI FOREVER

A new innovation has arrived that's about to revolutionise the sport and give you the power to ski all day.

Simple and lightweight in design the ski mojo is worn discreetly (my italics!) under your ski pants and literally acts as shock absorbers, assisting your leg muscles to directly support your body weight and prolonging your ski range by supplementing your body power.

So what's your opinion, fellow snowHeads? Have you lost your mojo, like Austin Powers, and do you need a new one? Toofy Grin Would you pay just under £300 for this?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 1-03-08 18:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ohhh behave.... Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stoatsbrother, They come in a choice of funky colours too!
Thought - what's the point of that if you wear it under your ski pants Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wonder what its likely to do to your legs if you fall and land hard with its structure between your leg and the ice?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, Yes, I thought about that too - and there doesn't need to be ice on the ground, just normal piste conditions and I'm sure a fall onto your side would be more painful wearing that "gubbins" than without it Skullie .
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink, only if the 'gubbins' is loose. Otherwise it might just be painful in the wallet.

Well, beats CADS for ease of installation, and I do know a few people that could use the promised benefits.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surely that was a spoof website. Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Saw this at the Manchester ski show. Very bizzare.

Apparantly it will take some of your weight whilst you're standing at the bar having a drink!

Sounds like a better use for it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've seen the CADS being used by seppos but I always assumed the users were disabled or at the very least had some kind of balance impairment.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
People can really be persuaded to part with money in order to ski about with sticks up their bums? Shocked

I am astonished.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FFS, god forbid that people actually have to train to improve at a sport.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard, give your knees another 20, 30 years and we'll see.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They've also got some Mojo Ski Sticks too wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So maybe I'm being dim but I can't see anywhere on that website where it actually explains what it is????
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
go to technology - scroll down to video demonstration on right hand side
ski holidays
kitenski,On their website, click on Technology then video demonstration
latest report
cheers, seems interesting to me, would love to hear from someone who has tried it out......on a tough days skiing!
snow report
comprex, I have to hope that even at 72 I won't be senile enough to pay for the privilege of having a stick up my bum.
snow conditions
Lizzard, LOL. A great choice of words (as always)! Toofy Grin
latest report
reminds me of Robocop. Do you get a gun with it? rolling eyes
ski holidays
Just seen this for the first time. I'm staggered. Guess it must have cost zillions to design, test, sales effort, marketing etc etc. Not to mention patents, design registration, trademarking, liability insurance and safety certification. "Oh darn, we forgot market research". I'm definitely going to see them at the ski show to see what it looks like in the flesh, talk to them about who it's aimed at etc but really can't see it catching on. It claims to improve posture but even their demo dummy doesn't display perfect posture.

American market might buy it though.

I think the show should have a special corner for all those clever-but-unwanted gadgets - ski carrying devices, steering/sit-down devices on snowboards etc.
snow report
I'd quite like a "drinking-mojo" - it's at the very earliest design phase but will involve one or both of the following goals:

a. a device to keep me upright and awake at the bar (I know that's two goals, but puh-leeese...)

and/or

b. a cunning antigravity device that I can put my drink on and it will follow me around the room. And no, Mrs M is not volunteering in this category - although...

God forbid drinking without training... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
David Murdoch wrote:

a. a device to keep me upright and awake at the bar (I know that's two goals, but puh-leeese...)

Well, a bar stool does the first goal wink
snow report
Alastair Pink, ah, you have neither seen me asleep upright on one, nor descending backwards off of one!
snow conditions
David Murdoch, if Mojo was marketed as some kind of apres-ski recovery device it might actually stand a chance. ie if it extended your partying time whilst still leaving you recovered enough for another day of punishment on the slopes (sans Mojo I must add) the next day.

A few of us might remember the Dolomite Secret Weapon. This was a normal Dolomite ski boot shell with a knee-high inner boot. Theory was that the slightest movement was transmitted powerfully to the skis, that the wearer would get less fatigued and, cunningly, nobody would realise you had a "secret weapon" because it was under your strides. After a season of catastrophic knee injuries the product died! Then there was the Nava Ski System... here you could wear a very soft comfy boot and a sprung arm pushed against your calf. Again, one of the "benefits" was the less fatigue angle. It too died after a season.

David Murdoch, I think you're on to something here... we all need a simple, unobtrusive device to help you drink double your normal intake and yet remain cool and upright.
ski holidays
Quote:

a simple, unobtrusive device to help you drink double your normal intake and yet remain cool and upright.

Skiing body armour?
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Inside the November issue of the DM Ski and Snowboard magazine there was a flyer for a new (to me anyway) product called a ski-mojo. Shocked Some excerpts from the flyer:

DISCOVER THE POWER TO CHANGE THE WAY YOU SKI FOREVER

A new innovation has arrived that's about to revolutionise the sport and give you the power to ski all day.

Simple and lightweight in design the ski mojo is worn discreetly (my italics!) under your ski pants and literally acts as shock absorbers, assisting your leg muscles to directly support your body weight and prolonging your ski range by supplementing your body power.

So what's your opinion, fellow snowHeads? Have you lost your mojo like Austin Powers and do you need a new one? Toofy Grin Would you pay just under £300 for this?

Alastair Pink -- I trialed the Mojo briefly this week.

The Mojo is basically a stiff spring, bolted to the skiboots, that sits behind the thighs and supports some of the bodyweight when a skier (or boarder) leans back.

As your thighs 'fall down', the spring pushes you back up.

They are a classic British firm. Great idea... amateurish execution.

The brand is rubbish. It is an obscure, confusing reference to African-American magic. It means little, and it explains nothing.

The website sucks. It explains almost nothing. You can click around for ages and not have the faintest idea what they are selling.

The product is overpriced. At roughly £250 - 300 for what looks like an oversized kneebrace, it is way too expensive for most skiers.

The company has almost no idea how to explain the benefits of the product. They talk in vague terms like 'discover your Mojo' and 'ski all day', but this is ambiguous nonsense.

However, when you press them in person, you quickly discover that the gadget can, they claim, in simple terms, make you up to 25% less tired.

That means, theoretically, a typical vacationer, who might ski 25 - 30 total hrs in a 6-day week, can now do perhaps roughly 30 - 35 hrs. That is almost an extra 'free' day. It lowers the cost-per-hour and adds considerable value.

Money aside, it can also, potentially, make skiing safer, by reducing fatigue.

It would be good to hear if any SnowHeads have bought, are about to, or will buy a Mojo. It will be interesting to see how they perform in the longer-term. For example, will the spring wear out quickly? What happens in a major wipeout with all that hard metal strapped to a soft knee?

For the record, I have zero connections with Mojo.
snow conditions
Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Also.. it's just pathetic that those things are released.

"I want to ski, but oh no... not the exercise! That's terrible!"
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:

The brand is rubbish. It is an obscure, confusing reference to African-American magic. It means little, and it explains nothing.

The website sucks. It explains almost nothing. You can click around for ages and not have the faintest idea what they are selling.

The product is overpriced. At roughly £250 - 300 for what looks like an oversized kneebrace, it is way too expensive for most skiers.

The company has almost no idea how to explain the benefits of the product. They talk in vague terms like 'discover your Mojo' and 'ski all day', but this is ambiguous nonsense.

Whitegold wrote:
For the record, I have zero connections with Mojo.

Could've fooled me! wink
snow report
slikedges, yes, he's the Marketing Director allright! It's just reverse psychology... I want a Mojo, I want a Mojo, I must have a Mojo. All that typing has made me a little tired. Wonder if you can get index-finger-sized Mojos... The Typo. For runners... The Flojo. So many tiring activities just begging to be Mojo'd.
snow conditions
If Whitegold is rubbishing the Mojo in double-spaced definitive pronouncements, I'm almost tempted to buy one.

Actually... I could only be bothered to read his first words, reading again he seems to say that it might be a good idea but for the price and marketing. That makes more sense, coming from him.

I'll pass anyway.
ski holidays
There have been a few great British ski inventions that have disappeared into oblivion after a fanfare launch. Several varieties of handlebar contraptions to allow you to drive your snowboard like a bike. Platforms on boards that allow you to surf using normal skateboard footwear. Then there's the fact that the UK appears to be the centre of the ski sling universe... some have wheels, others for shouldering. People have remortgaged houses to offer us the "next big thing" thinking that the wintersports market is incredibly affluent and infirm at the same time. I've invented a very handy device to make skiing easier and less tiring... it's called my big fluffy duvet. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
snow report
Seems like yet another 'revolutionary' skiing device that'll be around for a season or so and then disappear for good!

I've seen them from a distance at the London and B'ham ski shows and thought on both occasions that they looked ungainly and bulky, and I wouldn't want to strap one on to me unless I had a medical condition - they do look like some sort of corrective brace. I haven't looked at them up close though and I guess I've got a pretty closed mind about the things, but the problem is whatever the hidden merits of the device are I'm sure a great many people will be as closed minded about them as I am - particularly given the vague and not terribly informative marketing claims the company are making.

I really can't see the idea taking off to be honest, especially at the price they're selling them at.
Whitegold wrote:

Sounds about right, which is why the rest of the world manufactures British ideas whilst the Brits don't!

However, I suspect the take up of this device will be so low that it'll sink quite quickly and nobody anywhere will be manufacturing them a few years down the line.
ski holidays
roga wrote:

However, I suspect the take up of this device will be so low that it'll sink quite quickly and nobody anywhere will be manufacturing them a few years down the line.

I agree. I think it will sink without trace, due to their rubbish implementation of a weak plan.

But the idea itself has solid potential.

The Mojo is a labor-saving device. Like a skilift.

People will pay money to save energy and spend more time onpiste.

Perhaps Admin, or similar, can zing Mojo an email and request a free trial device and report back how they get on?
snow conditions
If (when) it fails miserably I suspect it will be nothing to do with 'branding' and more down to the fact that it's ridiculous. Everyone I've shown it to so far has either howled with laughter or assumed it was a spoof.
snow conditions
I can save a lot more energy by not skiing at all.

This way, I would also end up fatter, which must also be good for the environment as I'm storing more carbon in my body (unless I get cremated when I die, of course). Toofy Grin

Of course, the concept of the Mojo could be improved by fitting an electric shock generator that would jolt your ar$e if you skied in the backseat.

This version could be marketed to the contingent of skiers who want to improve their skiing ability fast, as opposed to the first version, which is for those who are just lazy.

I must admit I like the idea of an apres-ski gizmo that would hold you in a vertical position for an extended period. Next time I'll be in the Mooserwirt I'll fit a coatstand under my skiing jacket wink

(I think they should pay us royalties, we've just given them two new markets to address).
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:

Perhaps Admin, or similar, ...

Admin is unique.
latest report
horizon wrote:
This version could be marketed to the contingent of skiers who want to improve their skiing ability fast, as opposed to the first version, which is for those who are just lazy.

This is snobbish nonsense.

All humans are lazy. It is why everyone wants or owns a car.

All skiers get tired. All skiers lean back or squat down when they are rising up the learning curve.

Atleast 95% of all non-professional skiers could potentially benefit from such a labor-saving device.
ski holidays
Quote:

All humans are lazy

Speak for yourself. Lots of us choose to walk/cycle over using the car, and plenty of people spend good money on activities involving physical exertion when they could be festering in front of the TV instead.
snow report
Quote:

Atleast 95% of all non-professional skiers could potentially benefit from such a labor-saving device.
and 8 out of 10 cats said their owners would be better off developing a posture that employed their skeleton as a means of support so that they wouldn't get so tired in the first place.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy