Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Level 1

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
maddrifter, pretty hard to fail. Usually the only element which is assessed is the CPR.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What does c.p.r. stands for?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cardio-Pulmonary Resusciation.

Chest compressions and mouth-to-mouth breathing on someone who is not breathing and has no pulse. Although I think the current advice is just to do chest compressions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The advice regarding just doing chest compressions stems from people's aversion to going mouth-to-mouth with a stranger - especially as if you need to do CPR, there's a good chance that face is covered in something very unpleasant... There's also an issue of protection - if there's fluids leaking everywhere you could easily catch something by putting your mouth in harm's way. Even if you start off with a clean target, relaxation of muscles that occurs during unconsciousness can lead to stomach contents reappearing.

One of the best little first aid devices you can carry around is a face shield:

http://www.firstaidsuppliesonline.com/nav.pl?cat=NavCPR&prod=42460000

It blocks everything other than air - a much more pleasant proposition.

If you just do chest compressions you are still doing a lot of good though - you're circulating the oxygenated blood around his body. What you're not doing though, is putting any more oxygen into that blood. The advice to just do compressions comes from the thought that it's better to do some good than to think 'ugh, no thanks' and do nothing at all.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am looking with whom to improve German language for Snowboarding teaching, as this winter i am going for work to Austria as instructor.

Maybe there are someone who also looking how to improve German for teaching Snowboarding...

p.s. if we speak about teaching beginners or 2nd or even 3rd year boarders - they don't need our super good skills, they need write words and examples what they can perform - METHODOLOGY... Wink

With best wishes for 2014/2015 season!
Maris
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helijs are you going to work in Austria with a B.a.s.i. qualification? Ora are you an Anwarter-Landes?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maddrifter - no i will work with ISIA, as around my home land, that was what i could get to start do what i love! When i start course i didn't know will i get job in Austria, but i wanted exactly Austria.

They accepted it (as i hear in France they would not...?), i believe i get job with not local Anwarter-Landes, because i speak English, Russish, Laltvian(native) and basic of German.
I don't know for sure, but i am happy to work there!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great job then mate!
With Isia you would be well accepted here in Italy too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks!

If you work with instructors, it would be nice to keep on touch, as my future mission is to try support young people in way to their dreams, as no matter what is the result - the WAY to them make people better, smarter, happier, wiser etc.

p.s. i spend 2,5 years to get there and lost of some relationships. It can be done with out loosing nothing, sometimes people just have problems with - make decision, go for it and stay focused...
I am riding with board already for 13 years, so homework must be done anyway...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sure Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok, done the basp first aid course, the trainer was amazing, the course was very interesting!
I was wondering, as soon as i forward to basi my first aid certificate, and pay for the upgrade, will i receive a license-badge?
Will i have access to more clothing on basi online shop?
Thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy