Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2007/8, for all the non-believers out there.

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like it's snowing at village level again,

Moderately entertaining up Grands Montets Saturday, all looking promising.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still dumping.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This was yesterday- been quite a bit more since then! Very Happy

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
firebug, Great photo of the Mazot looks like it might have a witch in it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been Snowing at 1600 all night.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dumping it down.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Nice
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agggggghhhhhh, it's BLOODY dumping down again! Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is Brevent, le tour still holding back till the 22nd or will they open earlier. Trying to make my mind up where to go from next weekend.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
st3ves, They were due to open this weekend, can't see them holding back now, if true, next weekend could be epic! Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for that, I will keep checking next week before I book any where.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When does Les Houches open???????
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
well it's still snowing - outside our drive anyway. On the spot reports suggest that there is a significant differential in density and depth between village and our house 300m higher.

Renry, no idea. Should be on the website. Lower Les Houches slopes still a bit patchy, but still some weeks to go. Snow forecast tonight to ~600m.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its looking good though.

Thanks to David Murdoch, and SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Keep em comming.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's Fecking Shoiting it down. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
God speed to anyone and everyone. THIS IS MASSIVE.
latest report
Yes having driven in last night and slid all over the road from Servoz onwards I can also add my report that It pelted it down in Cham last night. Hoping to get a sneaky half day up the Grands Montets tomorrow. Sat in the Chambre Neuf with a pint writing this..... "sigh" Very Happy
ski holidays
The web cams look awsome,

Wont the forcast of a hard cold spell help pack down this good start to thew season?

Nice photo David Murdoch, it all looks 'fluffy'
snow conditions
Snowing again now
latest report
I wish you lot would stop coming on here with the glass half empty attitude - opps Embarassed opps sorry wrong season wink
snow conditions
FSI wrote:
Sat in the Chambre Neuf with a pint writing this

Jealous? Moi? 33 days and I'll be doing the same, not that I'm counting or anything...
snow report
Renry, I would think so, and hopefully makes for a nice sunny cold weekend when my chums arrive this weekend...(and the first guests !!)
snow report
PhilG, Very Happy In my opinion you cant beat the Scandinavians for Bar staff.....

First couple of hours of my season today, six runs down Marmottons to get my ski legs, one run down Bochard to confirm how crap I am and then a glorious last blast down Pierre a Ric, very foggy and quite flat light but snow conditions lovely. Just great, now can't seem to walk without severe thigh and calf pain but a huge grin on my face snowHead
latest report
Am very jealous but on 5th Jan when the masses are heading back to work I'll be ther! So keep packing down the snow for me!
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

How are the conditions in Chamonix now?
snow report
Absolutely marvellous up les Houches today - even if the piste prep was a little, errr, unusual. Awwesome. Good off piste higher up, less delightful lower down. Cracking day!!
ski holidays
same time as me - angelaclark!!!!

can't wait - hope it stays cold and gets more snow!!!!
ski holidays
Les houches yesterday afternoon - my chums are the "tight" group
http://youtube.com/v/nVYgYKY6x1U
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
what piste is that David Murdoch, ?
snow conditions
Col de Voza, with the new lift in the background. #3 out of synch and needs to work on his pole plants! wink
ski holidays
Renry, The one down the ridge from the top of Prarion heading towards Bellevue. Ah, Mac46, must be right, I have no idea (who needs piste names anyway?)

Mac46, do you think asynchrony and the dodgy pole plants might be related? A timing issue perchance? wink In fairness the two girlies in front were on little short skis while number 3 is still getting used to his Atomic GS 11 s...
snow report
Yes timing.........it's only the beginning of the season! Time for fun and enjoyment and none of that serious formation skiing! How are the new lifts.....or weren't you familiar with the old drags? It's one of those inspiring pistes......that view of Mt Blanc! and a favourite of the instructors when ski school teachers are on revalidation/upgrading courses. You are so lucky! snowHead
snow conditions
Mac46, too true. Only way to get everyone in the shot though. Not familiar with the old drags and the chair was running half speed, alternate chairs for some reason. Great views though.
ski holidays
me at Grands Montets, yesterday woohoooooooO!!!

Snowboarding at Grands Montets
ski holidays
also for comparison, the mazot after the snow - now with extra witchy gingerbread charm!

The Mazot with the Dru in the snow
snow report
and finally, the terrain park at Grands Montets

Skier in the terain park at les Grands Montets
snow conditions
firebug, that piccy of you boarding is awesome - how long do you have to put up with being out there?!
ski holidays
To the chamonix residents on this thread. I'll be out there at New Year. Been snowboarding for a while now but was thinking of taking some lessons and/or snowboard specific guiding to try and clean up my act and also to get a break from keepin up with my speedy ski buddies. Im pretty comfortable with anything up to a mogully black where my preferred method becomes fall and heel edge slide. Also love to hit the powder where ever I find it. Can you recommend anyone?
snow report
JDC - I'm going on the 5th with these guys... http://www.mcnabsnowsports.com
they normally do week long courses - but I don't think they're doing anything in new year week (maybe time off!) but maybe worth getting in touch asking if they would do some instruction???
they are brilliant - went last year and going back this year
ski holidays
Tim Sawyer, just a couple more days sadly but back soon!!

JDC, I'm looking into this at the moment, I'll let you know how I get on. McNab are supposed to be very good but it's live-in only as far as I can make out. I did email them about instruction only but never heard back so I guess they don't do it.

Opening day at Brevent.....

Brevent, Chamonix

Brevent Panorama
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy