Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2007/8, for all the non-believers out there.

Poster: A snowHead
Snowing today at 2000m Cool

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 17-11-07 23:11; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
...I predict it's going to be a hum-dinger of a season .... Very Happy

.... and I am always right. I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong ..... wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BernardC wrote:
...I predict it's going to be a hum-dinger of a season .... Very Happy

hope so. im there 5th Feb Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What is the official (planned - snow dependant of course) opening date for Chamonix this season?

Got the chance for 3 or 4 days there mid December - too early?

Cheers

IMT
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IMT, Signs are good, but it's rumour and forcast.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Cheers fella - they don't have a planned date then...

I'll try to get in for a beer this time!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IMT, the tentative snow dependant dates are posted on the Compagnie du Mont Blanc website
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch, Cheers - I may be too early with my dates then! Oh well, just have to blag some time in Jan then.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't put too much faith in the Compagnie du Mont Blanc - last year they were selling discounted season passes and saying they would open in early December, subject to snow) right up to the end of November, when they announced they would be changing the lift cable for the Grands Montets and wouldn't open until Christmas in any event. I suspect they don't find it cost effective to open in December, even if there is snow.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
GeorgeM, I think the problems were more snow and cable related than anything else...the discounted season passes were indeed on sale until the published date/

The very, very, very annoying points being

1. that Courmayeur wasn't included despite it being advertised as being so (I'm still sure there was a law suit in there somewhere)

2. that they stated clearly that they wouldn't discount for residents/gens de pays (so we didn't bother getting our cards) yet if you turned up with the appropriate documentation they gave a absolutely massive discount. Where's the logic in that then?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch,
1. if you took your tickets and reciepts from Callmybluff/comebyyar to the Montevers, the refunded you. wink
2. That rumour was started by me having paid huge amounts of tax and wanting to be the only one to benifit! Toofy Grin

How was the wedding? Congratulations, i think you get a better tax rate and a special rate on your pass for getting wed. Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Keep up the reports, just found out that a friend of mine is working in Chamonix this winter as resort manager for a small tour op, so fingers crossed we'll be popping up to say "hello, who fancies a beer then"
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt, Ok, Snow went away again, doesn't matter though, it's going to be a stormer. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nice
snow conditions
Yes please keep the snow reports comming.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, thank you! Wedding absolutely brilliant. Pie-eyed as rats. All looking rather nice out here this weekend don't you think? Suitably Autumnal.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, BTW, the sausages get better and better. Will soon be ready for distribution!
ski holidays
David Murdoch, Put me at the top of your list. Can't belive i'm asking you to be top of your 'Sausage Donation' list, ho hum. Toofy Grin
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, so let me just get this correct. You'd like a bit of my 80-incher?

(we've been making them by the yard...)
latest report
Is that the yard next to the cowshed?
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Looks steep Shocked
snow conditions
Jonpim, no, the one behind the bike shed... Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
This is more like it

snow report
It's Snowing a tiny bit in Town.
latest report
You don't have to be married to get the couples discount by the way - we didn't know it existed and were very confused when we were told about it by the very nice lady who was kind enough to persevere with my bad french. When we handed over our residents cards, she asked us if we were a couple, and I happened to have some notaire's documentation with us. She looked over it and just gave us the discount after giving up on the explanation. So any platonic flat-shares out there might give it a try.
snow report
firebug, ah, yes, should have mentioned that. Presumably so as not to wee wee off the French...I think you may need to register at the same address though? Certainly she "linked" our profiles in their database.
ski holidays
Yes, you definitely need to be at the same address....
Looking forward to picking up our new ones this weekend!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes guys but, being registered as a single pays dividends for Taxe de Habitation.
snow report
It's getting heavier. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I know this is pathetic, I know that it doesn't mean anything, I know that it could all get washed away... ...but it's still rather exciting.

There were even a few flakes in Geneva at lunchtime! Which is certainly better than last years first dusting arriving mid January... Laughing

Wonder if this means we'll get some Xmas bookings! - which are decidedly thin on the ground... Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
It's getting lighter! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I cant stand this. Confused
ski holidays
I just checked the web cam and there looks to be at least an inch on the roof of the bank across from mojo's sandwich place, I am happy. Very Happy
ski holidays
HaHaHaHa, just got back from Italy to this..................

and

and finally..........

Twisted Evil
snow report
Cheers SZK, its looking great Very Happy
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Now I know where you live...
ski holidays
David Murdoch, Stalk me big boy! Laughing
snow report
Me too and you owe me a tenner.
latest report
I owe everyone a tenner, i've just realised a dream. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy