Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2007/8, for all the non-believers out there.

Poster: A snowHead
Renry, probably cos SMALLZOOKEEPER has worked to get where he is so doesn't take kindly to being accused of being lucky. I could quote Gary Player at this point, but we all know that one...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tim Sawyer, Pretty much, i gave up what i consider to have been alot and suffered considerably at first. I don't see luck involved.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fair enough SMALLZOOKEEPER,

renry tips hat/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IMG_2520

This morning off the Herse chair, for the record the pistes are in great nick as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob, Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Can someone in Chamonix please turn the snow back on?! Am arriving on Saturday for 4 days skiing and all I can see in the outlook is sun and near-tropical temperatures Evil or Very Mad snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had one of my best ever days at Grands Montets yesterday. Still loads of untracked about, bright blue skies once you'd climbed through the cloud, brilliant fun in the bowls off of Bochard. And fantastic fun in the blizzard at Les Houches on Tuesday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rainman, Has it been busy the past few (week)days?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skibomb, no but it is getting busier at weekends, and I guess it is going to get very busy after next week.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skibomb, Monday, Tuesday and Weds were very quiet. Went to Courmayeur on Monday, where it was deserted as well.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Our last day - been a good run though! jbob, that looks like FUN Smile

Clouds in the Chamonix valley from Flegere
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
firebug, another beautiful pic. do you have some sort of fancy camera or just a really good eye (or both)?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Its been rather quiet in here for a while.

Hows it looking at the mo?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was crappy today - Le Tour was pretty much a cloud whiteout all day, Grand Montets the same in the afternoon, but nothing in the way of new white stuff Sad. Fingers crossed for tonight...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
IMG_2756

Le Tour
Vis poor piste icy it was not good.
Snow due this weekend.
latest report
Arno, thanks Smile Probably more that we had some beautiful conditions - you cant fail! It's a panasonic Lumix with wide angle lens, that one's actually two pics stitched together...
ski holidays
PhilG, it is indeed a fabulous photo. One For next years calander I feel.
latest report
firebug wrote:

Also on a more sobering note someone tried to do the VB with no proper equipment or guide last week and has not been found. Sad

The body has now been found below the Requin hut.

www.chamonet.com/whats_new_article.php?id_whats_new=3006&id_back=1
snow report
We are out to Cham on Sunday. First day on the slopes on Monday. What area has the best snow? We were planning to go onto Le Tour first to 'get the legs back', but it looks a bit muddy and nasty in jbob's shot
ski holidays
ringingmaster, I just got back from Le Tour, Pistes are good, hard and fast. Snow due anytime soon. Off piste best avoided, unless you know the area well.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you expecting enough snow to help me? I arrive in Cham nxt Thurs for a long w/e.
snow conditions
firebug, Which model Lumix do you use?
latest report
Think I heard 20-30cms due tonight
latest report
brian posted this link in the weather outlook thread...

http://meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

Very Happy
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Thanks for the report. You make me happy. wink) This will be our first time in Cham in the Winter.
ski holidays
ringingmaster, Its raining in cham tonight, it should be snow higher up. The rain/snow came a bit late today but its raining/snowing now. Should be good tomorrow. In context 10 days without snow is not a disaster by any means I think we have been a bit spoiled this year.
snow report
plectrum, it's a Panasonic DMC-LX2. I'm very happy with it!
ski holidays
IMG_2899

The last two days have topped things up nicely, about 20cm. It was quite windy, this is Le Tour
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's Shitting it down. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Flying out to Chamonix tomorrow morning. It sounds like we will be looking at fresh powder Toofy Grin

Is the wind going to be effecting lift opening??? Puzzled

Hope not, cant wait to get out there. Cool Cool NehNeh

How are the resort runs into Les Houches looking.

*edit* 2.45am and having a brew befor leaving for our 7.30 flight today. Cham' here we come wink Razz
ski holidays
My bruv and his girlfriend pitched up at La Praz to heavysnowfall - they'll probably be enjoying Flegere today - I join 'em on Thursday night. Hang on in there!
snow report
We left Le Tour at 4:30 today. Home now. There was about 20cm's on Monday, sunny Tuesday and a further 10cm today. very windy, but most lifts open. snow excellent when you could see where you were going.This was Flegere on Tuesday.
ski holidays
What I forgot to say was it rained below about 1500M on Wednesday, and in La Tour, the forest run to Vallorcine is slush, as is the last couple of hundred meters of the red down into La Tour.
snow conditions
any news?

Thanks!
ski holidays
Got back from Chamonix on Monday. Had the best four days ski conditions I could have ever imagined. Blue skies and great pistes every day. Skied Le Tour, Flegere, Brevent, and Grand Montets, and it was the same story everywhere. If temps stay low it will continue to be great, but if not, they will need snow soon.
latest report
Snow everywhere is hard, but good. On piste conditions excellent with everything holding up well as Tim Sawyer, says (glad you had a good time!). Did the Vallee Blanche today, bit mogully in places but still some nice snow on the Envers du Plan. Pics to follow!
latest report
as firebug, suggests, pistes are in excellent shape. Ideal conditions, hard packed but with soft tops, grippy, just marvellous (for pistes). I want to hear NO COMPLAINTS. Off piste variable - possible corn on south facing slopes, windblown on north facing. Very warm, even hot in the sun. Cold air in the shade.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 18-02-08 12:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Happy valentine's day for us! The Petit Envers, where I am here, had some windblown powder which was nice - you can see the moguls on the main route below. The snow is good, though packed - plus it's very fast, so no walking - managed to get all the way to Montenvers without pushing Smile

Just above the normal route

More pics here if you want to have a look
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaletlaforet/
latest report
Off to Les Houches in 10 days - I hear the snow is getting a bit thin on the ground - reports much appreciated please!
snow report
some amazing photos there firebug, thanks for sharing!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy