Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowplough

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
veeeight wrote:
Quote:

No-one has answered the question: "if they're not pushing their heels out in straight plough what are they doing?"

Turning their toes in, whilst simultaneously stretching their legs apart. wink
(the idea hopefully to create the pivot point under their boot, as opposed to at the tips of the skis.)

veeeight

My friend does that by starting with boots only.... twist boot from heel to make V ... twist boot from front to make backwards V.... twist boot from middle to make a bow tie.... then when they do teh snowplow they make the bowtie move to make the ski pivot underfoot...

IIRC this is what I did when I started skiing as well.... but my instructor only did the last one and also unfortunately missed explaining that I should use it in snowplow making... however maybe this was good because I do recall that I seemed to do it that way anyway...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, As you probably suspect, it's much easier done on snow with demonstrations, trying it for yourself etc. Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, ahh i can picture you now, hours and hours of central theme demos in the freezing cold... Absolutely killing yourself to make the perfect stage 1 parallel turn and ending up with a massive headache through the stress of it all.. NehNeh NehNeh

seriously it was pretty amazing to see the minor flaws that some very fine skiers had in their high speed skiing was EXACTLY the same in their snowploughs...... Although you hear people say it until you see it happening it is kinda spooky and gets you really thinking hard about the basics....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
little tiger wrote:

My friend does that by starting with boots only.... twist boot from heel to make V ... twist boot from front to make backwards V.... twist boot from middle to make a bow tie.... then when they do teh snowplow they make the bowtie move to make the ski pivot underfoot...
Well that certainly had me tied in knots Laughing wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski wrote:
Easiski is really just my way of teaching.

I'm glad you said that. It's very important to distinguish Technique and Methodology.

*Technique
- The movements that the athlete makes, as described objectively
- This is not what you teach

*Methodology
- The information presented to the athlete with the intention of eliciting the desired behaviour
- Usually subjective in nature (kinesthetic, visual, emotional etc.)

(Ron LeMaster 2004)

And I guess this is (one of) the cause of the hoo-haa about threads being technical in nature, discussing the nth degree of something microscopic. Is the thread about technique, or methodology, are you expecting to read about one but instead are greeted by the other Laughing

Did anyone just understand that? Laughing

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 17-09-07 22:08; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

seriously it was pretty amazing to see the minor flaws that some very fine skiers had in their high speed skiing was EXACTLY the same in their snowploughs......

there's an echo in here wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
veeeight, oops you did make that point a while back didnt you. but for me it made the hours of perfecting central theme demos worthwhile and not as mind numbingly boring as i thought it would be Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
veeeight, I think you asked me a question about sp turning, but I forgot to answer. I will try to look back while at work - it takes too long on this connection.

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy