Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland: Europe's heart of darkness?

Poster: A snowHead
Out of interest, how did the SVP do in the election?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
stanton wrote:
Swiss Time keeping

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jhtml?xml=/global/2008/05/28/swister.xml

plus the ability to be able to fire people when you like?

Where did you hear that one?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:
davidof wrote:
stanton wrote:
Swiss Time keeping

On my Standard Swiss work contract, me ol' Dutch.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof, Laughing touché
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:
stanton wrote:
davidof wrote:
stanton wrote:
Swiss Time keeping

On my Standard Swiss work contract, me ol' Dutch.

What swiss permit do you have?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, No doubt you have the wrong permit - stanton will have a much better one, what with him being Dutch an' all.... Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof, AFAIK, Swiss employment law typically falls somewhere in between UK/(~US) and France/Italy et al. So, for example, after two years you are entitled to 2 years 70% of salary unemployment cover. Your notice period should be governed by your employment contract. If I understand correctly, if you are single and have the standard EU permit (B) if you lose your job you have 3 months to seek another one. You may find that you have an "L" permit but as an EU citizen thats an admin formality and it will appear as a "B" permit on the computer system.

At least in Geneva.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't find the Swiss racist but then as a flat owning, tax paying persona I consider myself more a "customer of Switzerland" rather than a resident. Joking aside I find the Swiss the most polite people, extremly warm and friendly but only once you've proved yourself a friend to start with and this takes much longer than in the UK.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Murdoch wrote:
davidof, AFAIK, Swiss employment law typically falls somewhere in between UK/(~US) and France/Italy et al. So, for example, after two years you are entitled to 2 years 70% of salary unemployment cover. Your notice period should be governed by your employment contract. If I understand correctly, if you are single and have the standard EU permit (B) if you lose your job you have 3 months to seek another one. You may find that you have an "L" permit but as an EU citizen thats an admin formality and it will appear as a "B" permit on the computer system.

At least in Geneva.

This is federally regulated so it's not local to Geneva. Those points are also all factually incorrect.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I knew a swiss girl who said she was paid up full salary for a year after being made redundant. Not sure how she qualified for that... but I thought it was generous..to say the least. But I accept that Swiss nationals might have better arranagements than 'foreigners'
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JT wrote:
I knew a swiss girl who said she was paid up full salary for a year after being made redundant. Not sure how she qualified for that... but I thought it was generous..to say the least. But I accept that Swiss nationals might have better arranagements than 'foreigners'

actually they don't, anyone that pays the insurance, which is compulsory, gets the same regardless of permit or citizenship. The best she would have got is 80% though, not so bad though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
During my recent trip to Zermatt I formed the opinion that the Swiss - as a nation have OCD - obsessive compulsive disorder- or if not that then at least they are anankastic

what does this mean; very worried about punctuality, cleanliness, rules, order, authority, catagories of thing, fears of filth and disease as well as problems with sex, unpleasant impulses to shout obscenities- a desire to try and block out sexual thoughts- but also intrusive sexual and often sexually deviant thoughts, unpleasant impulses to shout out irreligious/blasphemous thoughts. worries about bodily functions- especially sexual/genital ones

all as a way of preventing some dreadful consequence of not being in order.

I think they are very frightened of what might happen ..
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
edsilva,

problems with sex... ???? don't think so, but woe betide if you aren't careful with your pee-pee.. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
edsilva, you clearly were sh@gging the wrong (or perhaps absolutely right) sort of person...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They certainly have some issues:

I believe this is one of the Euro 2008 venues

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=337901&&cc=5739
ski holidays
Quote:

During my recent trip to Zermatt I formed the opinion that the Swiss ...

Right! The best way to form an opinion of a country is on a holiday. Shocked I'm sure it must be a great deal more accurate than opinions formed by watching TV! wink
snow conditions
fatbob,

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
They certainly have some issues:

I believe this is one of the Euro 2008 venues

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=337901&&cc=5739

When Im working in Switzerland my office is right next door to the Stade de Suisse (Wankdorf Stadium)
ski holidays
David Murdoch wrote:
So, for example, after two years you are entitled to 2 years 70% of salary unemployment cover....

Your talking insurance there David. Not the ability to lay people off when you want to, which is more like the US in Switzerland and certainly the most employer friendly legislation I've come across in Europe. Shortish notice periods, in my opinion, and your employment may be terminated for any reason (unless you are pregnant, on military service or ill).

I think if Stanton checks Swiss employment law he will see that what I posted was correct.
snow conditions
> after two years you are entitled to 2 years 70% of salary unemployment cover....

Tell me about it.
I know a guy who did a season whilst on Swiss unemployment benefit.
He wasnt even a swiss native - only a B permit holder.
70% salary for 5 months then straight back into a higher paid job city in April Shocked

Unlike the UK there isnt really any cultute of sponging off the state.

I wouldnt describe it as europes heart of darkness.
But you cant flush the toilet (by law) after 10pm at night.
ski holidays
Haggis_Trap wrote:

I know a guy who did a season whilst on Swiss unemployment benefit.
He wasnt even a swiss native - only a B permit holder.

As I said above - unemployment insurance. He'd paid into the insurance scheme, he's entitled to draw whether he is Swiss, European, black, white, green, whatever. That's the idea of insurance. Whether he was claiming illegally (not available for work) is up to the scheme's administrators.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Out of interest, how did the SVP do in the election?

As I recall, they did quite well, but there's a more interesting row now that's making them look pretty silly. During the elections, all the cabinet members are put up for election and the re-election of those that want to stand is usually a formality. However, the SVP and Blocher, having done the dirty to the CVP last time round to get Blocher into the cabinet in the first place, were themselves the subject of a manoeuvre to get rid of Blocher and another SVP woman was elected to the cabinet in his place. Cue huge row, SVP parliamentary party threatening to go into opposition if the new woman didn't step down in favour of Blocher (this is a big deal as the consensus system has prevailed for over 50 years); the new appointee didn't step down, and her canton party have supported her, and now the SVP central party is in the process of expelling the canton party from the national party for supporting their representative. And overlooking someone's newspaper on the plane the other day, it seems Blocher's star is beginning to fade
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy