Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Smoking Ban

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A complete ban on Austrian Railways is coming this months if not already.

Bars under 75M2 have a choice no smoking or smoking. Im not sure what that means?

http://www.orf.at/070906-16282/index.html

Heres something in English

http://www.wienerzeitung.at/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=4082&Alias=wzo&cob=300071&currentpage=2
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Bars under 75M2 have a choice no smoking or smoking. Im not sure what that means?

I think this is the same as Spain did a couple of years or so ago. Basically, if the premises are too small to allow a segregated smoking area, then the establishment elects to be totally smoke free or allow smoking in all areas.

At the risk of stereotyping a nation, this was a no brainer in Spain!!

So, using my limited knowledge of Austria (St Anton) as an example, Mooserwirt would have to have a segregated smoking area. Pub 37 would have to decide whether or not to ban smoking.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Isn't there something about areas of 5 metres squared or less being non-smoking, without choice. Like lifts....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Tyke wrote:
Quote:

I think this is the same as Spain did a couple of years or so ago. Basically, if the premises are too small to allow a segregated smoking area, then the establishment elects to be totally smoke free or allow smoking in all areas.

So its not a law to protect employees like other countries ?

They have done the same in Portugal with the size of bars.

Really think the EU should tackle this and insist the rules be same throughout Europe to stop confusion?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

the EU should tackle this and insist the rules be same throughout Europe to stop confusion?

Don't know about that. I'm a pro-European (and a non-smoker) but I don't see why everything has to be the same throughout. Choice isn't such a bad way to go, as long as there are enough non-smoking establishments to provide choice for employees too. I suspect that over the years social habits will change anyway - after all, it used to be OK to spit.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

the EU should tackle this and insist the rules be same throughout Europe to stop confusion?

Don't know about that. I'm a pro-European (and a non-smoker) but I don't see why everything has to be the same throughout. Choice isn't such a bad way to go, as long as there are enough non-smoking establishments to provide choice for employees too. I suspect that over the years social habits will change anyway - after all, it used to be OK to spit.

I do not think Fresh Air is owned by individual conutries?

This would of been a good opportunity for the EU to introduce an EU directive. I think a Cypriot MEP was trying to do jus that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton, you're trite remark does not address Pam W's point. You must try harder.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Austrian railways ban started at the start of this month. The train drivers themselves can still smoke when in the cabin.

It will be interesting to see if the smoking or non-smoking bars see an increase / decrease in trade.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy