Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please help first timers pick a resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks everyone, and thanks Chis Bish for your reassurances, feeling better about chosing that one now. Are the piste maps hard to work out? dont want to get on the wrong lifts and find we're on a hard run down Shocked

eng_ch is Fasching a really bad time to go? will it ruin our first time or does it mean it'll just be a bit busier? we wanted to go in Feb but heard the 2nd week is half term and was told the 3rd was Fasching and that was a bad time to go so the first week did seem at the time the best week. A bit worried as we have no idea what to expect from this Fasching week.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://intermaps.feratel.com/skimaps/saalbach/ has got a choice of 2 interactive piste maps, click away to your heart's content Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
EKnight, welcome to the wonderful world of too many opinions that is Snowheads!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If it's your first time you'll love it regardless of where you go. As long as there's enough snow to razz about on (and to cushion the odd fall!!) you'll be sorted.

Just don't worry about looking like a beginner, just give it your best and if you fall on yer @rse just laugh like a nut - that's what I do and it acts as an early warning signal for anyone bombing down above me!!!Very Happy

...oh, and don't go mad on fondue – it sets like stone in your insides and gives you the turning abilities of a brick, it's that heavy!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Specialman,
Quote:

don't go mad on fondue

or, if you must eat it, DON'T drink water, other cold soft drinks or beer with it, they are what cause the instant cement effect - stick to wine. Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, as I found out to my peril!!! I will never denounce the French as a load of "wine drinking puffs" again!!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
EKnight, the Austrian fondue is normally stock with meat rather than cheese and bread so less heavy, give it a try. Other dishes to try is the Tiroler Grostl - a bit like bubble and squeak but much tastier, apple strudel and vanilla sauce, and Kaiserschmaren (chopped up pancakes with fruit compote).

Saalbach is a fantastic resort and I'm sure you'll have a great time. The Bauer ski alm at the bottom of the nursery slope is one of the main apres ski places from around 3.30pm.

As for the skiing, the pistes are well marked so I'm sure you won't end up on a steep one accidently. There are plenty of wide blues to progress to as the week goes on.

You'll see lots of people skiing in fancy dress on Fasching week. Saalbach has a good lift network so even when busy you shouldn't have to queue for too long.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
EKnight, I've been in Austria for Fasching several times and it wasn't too bad at all in terms of queues, busy pistes etc. You'll see lots of people skiing in fancy dress or just silly wigs/hats. It's fun apres ski though wink Not sure if it's a national holiday but there did seem to be more local schoolkids around than at other times
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fasching isn't a national holiday but most businesses (except for the bars) tend to shut up at midday so eveyone can go and party! In most resorts you'll probably find the ski shops and supermarket still open until normal time though. There's bound to be a street party/fest in Saalbach, normally the fun starts around 2 and the apres ski is one of the best days of the season! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
EKnight,

Id say Livigno in Italy... its snow safe, lot of nice and easy skiing, great food and tons of taxfree shoping...

Tex
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If thinking outside the Austrian box, I too would go for Italy. Selva, Corvara, St. Christina or La Villa in the Sella Ronda area. Livigno is very popular but just did not push my buttons, could have been some way because took a day trip to St. Moritz and got kidney stones there ended up staying in hospital for a week.

The area of the Sella Ronda used to be part of Austria and still has that Austrian feel, food, language. It is also one of the prettyest mountain formations, one that IMO matches Zermatt and the Matterhorn.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy