Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Test Technique

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret, that's OK, there's no rush. Speak to him whenever the opportunity comes up.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've found this thread pretty informative...I would imagine that the TT is not 0 fis + 20%....Looking at some of the French Stagieres teaching they are never skiing off 150 odd FIS points. It however is definitely a fair old standard. If we are correct in the assumption that it is 20% off the openers time that would give you 10 odd secs to play with on a 50 sec course - definitely manageable with a bit of training but certainly not to be under estimated.

However i'm a bit confused as the pass rate at Les Contamines that someone mentioned earlier in the thread doesn't seem to tally with this...

The Eurotest is generally 4.5 - 5.5 off the openers time and we all know how damned hard that is..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonnie wrote:
If we are correct in the assumption that it is 20% off the openers time that would give you 10 odd secs to play with on a 50 sec course - definitely manageable with a bit of training but certainly not to be under estimated.

However i'm a bit confused as the pass rate at Les Contamines that someone mentioned earlier in the thread doesn't seem to tally with this...

The Eurotest is generally 4.5 - 5.5 off the openers time and we all know how damned hard that is..

If I recall it's nearer 12 - 15% off the time, depending on gender ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
david@mediacopy,Jonnie, to be clear TT is NOT handicapped back to 0 FIS points. Crucially the opening time is handicapped against the fastest French Instructor, which makes a big difference. I have heard the Instructor champion will typically be around 50 FIS points.

time to beat is + 20% for men and +25% for women handicapped back to the best instructor.

I believe the Les Contamines was a EuroTest result not TT. I did hear however that last year every BASI 3 that passed their BASI tests failed the TT taken weeks later in Les Menuires. I believe the summary is that unless you have race background you need to be a good BASI 2 level of skier AND have some additional SL training...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, Jonnie, Sorry I was on about the Eurotest GS.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy