Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many 'Snowheads' going to the Daily Mail Ski Show this week?

Poster: A snowHead
Just curious to see if any 'snowheads' are going to the Daily Mail ski show this week?...And why do we go? ( And no I don't work for Daily Mail marketing)!! Just wondering if i'm the only one travelling a 350 miles round trip for a few hours...all for the love of skiing? Mitch Confused
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've gone a few times, and always say "never again", and then a couple of years later, I go back again!
I'll be there on Saturday, my main reasons for going are: to kill some time before going to one of the apres-show parties, and to speak to a few friends on the stands.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll be outside handing out postcards advertising our chalet.

Not sure what days I'll be there - watching the England game in the pub on Weds. night is more enticing than the prospect of a couple of hours on a cold pavement.

Probably Friday night and Saturday.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
I've gone a few times, and always say "never again", and then a couple of years later, I go back again!

Snap.

It must be three or four years now since I went so I thought I would check it out again, I would not bother travelling for it but as I live in London its easy.

If nothing else its a good excuse to meet up with some skiing friends for a couple of drinks and to start planning trips for next season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
making the trip from edinburgh - to do a bit of promotion for my game - Schuss - plus catch up with our pals at Natives....shorter format this year should make stand attendees less lethargic (was at a stand there for 10 days last year and boy did it drag)....any snowheads fancy meeting up for a pint or two???
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll be there on Saturday...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=2767
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To far for me Im going to check out the show in Manchester on the24th
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've only been the once before and wasn't overly impressed though it was good to wander around the various shops and see what's available. This year it's mostly an excuse to meet up with a mate for a beer and possibly to meet a few fellow snowheads snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll definitely be going at least one day or evening this week, depending on discussions with the show organisers.
In the "suggestions/requests forum" we actually been discussing the possibility of getting a left-over stand for free, to promote snow heads. That may be a little optimistic, but if we pull it off, a few volunteers to man the stand would be welcome.

I can see why travelling 350 miles would put Mitch off, but having gone to both the London & Birmingham shows, the London one seems bigger. Can't really comment on the others.
The London show seems to be impendent of the others, judging by the different sponsors and organisers.

I go to see all the latest gear I can't afford, and to be tempted into buying a replacement for some perfectly serviceable piece of kit I already have. Plus I get to stretch my arms with bags of brochures.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll be there on Friday.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have been thinking about it, but I always think the ticket prices are a bit of a cheek. I mean, I understand it is expensive to to organise one of these shows to together, but it's not exactly an incentive to go is it ? Although a touch underhand, I think I would be happier if I 'paid' an entrance fee by some other means ie a slightly higher price on some merchandise or something which the retailer then handed to the organiser ????
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timberwolf et al, see new thread on discounted tickets. The £6 after 6pm deal looks good, with the late bar and (it's suggested) promotionally priced drinks.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think they should pay me to go - after all, without us punters, they wouldn't get any trade stands at all !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm in two minds about going, but I'll be passing through London Saturday evening so might call in - may go down on the Sunday. Anybody up for a beer in London after the show on Saturday or before on Sunday?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm up for a beer after (or indeed before/during!!) the show on Saturday - it seems to be the day most Snowheads are going so perhaps we'll get a big gathering...
snow report
I'll be travelling from Paddington to Kings Cross anytime after 6pm - which is why I'm not over-enthusiastic about paying £16 to go into the show.
snow report
By that time I'm pretty sure most people would be ready to retire to a nearby pub Very Happy
snow report
skanky, I think a few of us will be at the bar at the show.
snow report
Yeah, but £16 would be a lot for me to pay to sit in a bar. Confused
snow conditions
wait till you've bought a round of drinks, then £16 will seem like nothing!
snow conditions
Surely it's not an either/or situation. Some people will meet in the bar during the day, some will meet in the pub afterwards, some will do both (and probably fall asleep on the train home and end up in Dover Embarassed )

Very Happy
ski holidays
Dr Che, if I end up in Dover, I've got on the wrong train, at the wrong station.
snow report
I'm in London with a snowboarder mate for something else in the evening and we're planning on going to the show on Saturday for a couple of hours to have a look around. As I've never been before is there anything worth while keeping an eye out for?
ski holidays
You may see a strange man demonstrating goggle demisting fluid, but I think he's dead now.
latest report
I've got to go - work never stops.......until the snow falls, and then its any excuse to get out! Very Happy
latest report
I'm going to miss the show the first time for ages, usually use it as an excuse for a girly get together with a group of ski mates. But speaking of Dover, I will be crewing on a tall ship out of London, round past Dover, across the channel to St Malo. Hope the Force 8 dies down!
snow report
Im going with family and friends, needed to go home for the weekend anyway so may aswell get some free stuff aswell! ( Bank of Mum - love it!)
snow report
Keep your eyes open for a chap at the entrance with a snowHeads sticker on his forehead, collection tin in hand Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, I'm back after my 350mile roundtrip and about 200 squid lighter! The show is definately more intimate, whether it is any better, is debatable. If you do decided to venture down, check out the live show ( a mix of dancers in the lastest ski clothes & tricks on skis n boards) looked pretty good to me after 5 glasses of champers Blush I have left a colleague down there...One day was enough...back to my comfy chair, tea and desktop! Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy