Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next tele stoke session?

Poster: A snowHead
I have Nick W, and rob@rar, boot details

GrahamN, boot size???

Madmonk did you end up buying some boots? If so what size. If not what will you need?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used MK's size 9s (grey ones) both times. I'll get there as soon as I can, but if you guys are ready to go, do so leaving the kit at the desk and I'll join you on the slope.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
THanks all have forwarded richard everyones boots sizes and we should be ready to roll for the 15th.....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No sure if any of you guys are in the market for some size 81/2 to 9ish Garmont Veloces, or some Riva2 bindings, but I've put details up on the "For Sale" thread.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chappies, just confirmed with richard that we are good to go for saturday for 11. he suggests getting there 10:30 or 1045 latest to kit up.

GrahamN, we will leave kit out for you at rental desk and you can meet us up if you are struggling to make it in time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret, See you there Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, thanks, see you Saturday.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, Thanks for organising yesterday. Good fun as ever Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How did it go?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PhillipStanton, real fun even got to the top!! went good except i had two left skis on and just couldnt turn one way. richard had a look and for once i could blame the tools... i used his skis then and everything was cool.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Enjoyed it a lot, even managed to link three or four turns towards the end of the session. Don't think I've ever stood at the top of Milton Keynes and been concerned about how steep it is!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
what about dates for the next go?

richard mentioned end of jan ISTR.. Is sat 26th any good?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can do 12th or the 26th Jan.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
very quiet out there is anyone up for another go?? havent spoke to richard as it was just me and rob..

Perhaps PhillipStanton, could become our instructor after all his recent tele experience wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I could do this Sat if it's on, or the 9th/15th Feb.
snow report
skimottaret, Not feasible for me until late february owing to various ski trips Laughing I am aiming to hire some kit in Serfaus though for a few days at least.
ski holidays
Don't think I can go until April at least - its the real ski season wink
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:

hahahhahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

idiot.

Wink
snow report
I'm a bit tight for weekend time at the moment - I could probably do 23 Feb or 29 March, but not other dates. Sorry!
ski holidays
Wonder if we could meet for a DIY session in the Alps ? Anyone in LG 9-16 Feb or Gressoney after easter ?
latest report
I am kinda in the same boat as others time wise and looking at richards schedule he is away for a fair bit over the next few months. I think it will be difficult to schedule a weekend date that suits all....

could be tele training turns into an "off season" activity at MK which is cool by me, should we hold until say April ish?
latest report
skimottaret, that would work for me.
snow report
parlor wrote:
fatbob wrote:

hahahhahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

idiot.

Wink

Guilty as charged though I prefer the title buffoon. I actually meant real snow season. wink

How are the tele exploits in Verbier this season? Late April/May day weekend tele camp chez Chateau Parlor?
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
Perhaps PhillipStanton, could become our instructor after all his recent tele experience wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing You really haven't seen how slowly I'm progressing!

I was thinking about going to one or both of Richard's open sessions on 9th and 16th Feb at Milton Keynes. Anyone interested?
snow report
PhillipStanton, 9th might work for me which one are you thinking? the 10:15 or 12:30 one? GrahamN, fancy it as well?

ski, perhaps next season on the DIY, but very tempting.... snowHead
ski holidays
skimottaret - I'm not sure whether I'm an "early turner" or a "tele improver". I was going to plump for the latter, but could be talked into anything at this stage!
latest report
PhillipStanton, Im thinking the latter as well mainly so i dont need to get out of bed too early...
snow report
skimottaret - I've signed onto the two tele-improver sessions. Are you coming?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
forgot all about this soz, will have to check with her indoors and let you know....
latest report
I booked first and asked forgiveness afterwards. It seemed easiest.
latest report
cant make it as we have plans with skiimottaret junior it turns out....
snow conditions
Surely it's time that skimotterat junior learned to tele!!!
snow report
PhillipStanton, she wants to board and not grow a beard, so tele isnt in her future...
snow report
PhillipStanton, we also need to make sure that skimottaret is better than skimottaret junior at least one thing. It might well have to be telemarking...
ski holidays
Bump... with fatbob kickstarting things for a general tele bash i thought i would drop richard an email to see if he fancies doing a regular snowHead 's summer training session...

What days and times suit people. sat or sun? early late... etc.
ski holidays
Sundays would be better for me. Saturday second preference.

Early to avoid the traffic.
snow conditions
bump.. anyone fancy any telemarking this summer and autumn. MK have binned all their tele gear so you would either have to have your own stuff or arrange with Richard P.

I wouldnt mind getting a regular monthly slot set up and whoever turns up turns up. Ideally we could pursuade richard to come along but he is a bit busy and hard to get a hold of.

How about sundays say noon. The race team trains till 11 (12 in the summer) and it would be too busy to be alongside them any earlier.
latest report
Bump... hey all telemarkers. I just had a few mornings on tele gear in Mottaret and had a blast. Coincidentaly I had an email from Richard P today wondering if we would be interested in a session starting in April or so once the season is over with.

Any takers before i get back to him? I would be up for the occasional lesson/ session.
snow conditions
I'd be up for something.
snow report
Telemarking - Result - Id be up for it too
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy