Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next tele stoke session?

Poster: A snowHead
As a sad git it now been a week since my last skiing fix and I'm pretty sure I'll be wanting another tele ski before the end of July at MK. Any of the boot purchasing collective on for it, or anyone esle for that matter?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, You know I'm hooked. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, i am up for it as well but my new tele boots are on back order with scarpa and may be a couple of weeks. I then have to get them moulded up in london...

dont want to use the rental boots as my left toenail is totally black and i recon another go might cause more than just a bit of discomfort.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, i might be up for heading over one saturday or sunday. when do you have in mind?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was going to suggest we tried sorting out another day before too long, so well done. I would be, but I'm afraid my first free day is 28th July (I have races every Sat/Sun until then, except for the SH BBQ on the 14th). Free from then on except Sun 12 Aug, Sat 8th Sept, Sun 23 Sept, and 14/15 Sept (I hope).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, Definitely on for another session with Richard. Was thinking of sometime in mid August as like GrahamN racing and then holidays call until about then.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd be interested. Not in Tele, but I might want some new boots, poss AT's and this might be a good place to start looking..Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was thinking maybe 21 or 28th - doesn't have to be hard and fast. Could do again in August of course.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
looked at the diary and i can only make the last week of august... have fun without me rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, Pick a Saturday afternoon and I will try and contact Richard. Cheers
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick W, 25 aug works for me for the Aug session, you should have a go in july as well Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, 25th August would suit me as well although it is the bank holiday weekend so people may have other plans. i will try to speak to Richard next week if you wish.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick W, sounds good, even if it is a small group i would be up for it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick W, 25th Aug works for me too - provided it's a similar time to the last outing. I'd probably have to get away a bit sharpish though. I could make 28th July as well if we had enough newbies to make it worth Richard's while - but I'm not up for a free-skiing session yet.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
25th August is a no go for me I'm afraid. Crying or Very sad
snow report
Spyderman, thats a shame, perhaps you andGrahamN, could meet up for a go this month

ps i am typing this wearing my new Scarpa T2x boots which have just arrived from the fine folks at Telemark Pyrenees along with my free T shirt they chucked in the box. Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
I think I'll be ok for the 25th ...will confirm that. Who is in..?
snow report
sounds like th following are in.....

skimottaret,
GrahamN,
Nick W,

in the non lesson group fatbob, could you and alistar be persuaded? oh and sorry JT, doing some AT

Nick W, would you be so kind as to contact Richard?
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
oh and sorry JT, doing some AT

Hope you're fit JT!! wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
skimottaret, Will do. What happened to madmonk?
snow conditions
Nick W, good point i will PM him....
ski holidays
parlor,

Laughing Laughing

I'll be getting info and background on AT boots..... for when you show me round Verbier... Laughing

Anyone else just free-skiing..?
snow report
JT, I knew that really, just liked the thought of you skinning up the side of an indoor snowdome! "Oi!!!Get out of my skin track!!!" snowHead
snow report
JT, if you want I can bring my 8000s and skins and you can practice to your hearts content. You may just need to ski down on one foot because of the missing bit of edge Laughing .
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
sounds like th following are in.....

skimottaret,
GrahamN,
Nick W,

in the non lesson group fatbob, could you and alistar be persuaded?

Unfortunately, I don't think I can make MK on 25th August (I'm travelling up to the Snowheads Northern BBQ that day). Too many Snowheads events! Toofy Grin
snow report
Guys, I have left a message and e mail for Richard regarding a session on 25 August. Will let you all know.
snow report
Hi all

sorry i have been very busy, havent done any practise sessions up at MK. Due to work and cold Crying or Very sad

Hope everyone is well? I got a pair crispi XP boots \o/ but had to get them stretched lol. But Yea where skiings concerned just let me know the dates ill be there.
ski holidays
Oh I think theres a Telemark day at Mks in August , organised by Richard. i remember him saying but not sure which week it was in.
Hopefully ill be up MKs this weekend try out my Crispi XP boots Very Happy . See how much i have forgotten hehe. Count me in for session with richard.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Madmonk, I have had a look at the Xscape site and Tele-masters site but can't see any mention of a tele session for this year. Still no contact from Richard. Could others also have a go at contacting him please.
snow conditions
just spoke to Richard and he has just opened your email Nick W, and will get back to you directly. Reason for delay is it one of his daughters BDay that day and he needs to get clearance from her indoors to go out and play.

He would prefer an am start so he has the rest of the day free and will get back to you Nick W, either way.....
latest report
skimottaret, I can do the early start but GrahamN trains first thing on Saturdays. See what comes back from Richard.
snow report
I would prefer not to do anything much earlier than we did last time - I would really like all the training I can get prior to the British Champs on the 8/9th (as if I manage to ski next weekend anything like I did yesterday Very Happy Very Happy , I definitely will be going to those) - but if that's what it is then that's what it is. As an alternative, particularly if Richard is having to burn serious wife miles for that day, and given Spyderman can't make it either, how about either the following Saturday (1st Sept), or a Sunday afternoon?

(Edit: Trivial correction: If I go to Norfolk on the 8th it would appear I'd be racing against myself - it actually being the following weekend. On the 8th I should instead be at So'ton rolling eyes )

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 16-07-07 15:25; edited 2 times in total
snow report
1 Sep works for me and perhaps better for everyone, if so can we get a quick reply so Nick W can advise Richard...
snow conditions
Couldn't make 25/8 myself but following week could work for me not that I'm critical to learning procedings
ski holidays
skimottaret, I can also do 1 September provided I am finished and away by 3pm. Looks like this might be the preferred option. I'll send Richard an e mail to save his marriage Laughing Laughing
latest report
I have had a message from Richard to say that he is checking with her indoors regarding a 1/9/2007 date. He will let us know tomorrow. Smile
ski holidays
I'm OK for 01/09/07
snow report
im easy with the 01/9/07 Very Happy . Ref the telemark bash in august at MK it was conversation i had with him.

Would any you guys be up for richards week telemark courses in europe this coming season? I was thinking going.

On a different point. After doing bit more research im not sure if you need to get telemark skis, or just slap a pair of telemark bindings on a pair alpine skis. Read some where that telemark skis are constructed differently to apline skis. I dont want to make things difficult for myself.

I have a pair 185 Rossignol Scratch BC.
snow report
A lot of tele specific skis are very similar to their alpine cousins these days - in fact I think Rossi simply rebadge their B2 B3 B4 as Sickbird, Dirtybird, Powbird etc. Provided the ski doesn't have a bit metal plate in the middle it should work fine. You can buy assymetric skis specifically designed for tele but most people don't.
ski holidays
Madmonk, also make sure your alpine skis dont have a rail mounting system. The newer K2 alpine skis for instance do and cant be used for tele. I seem to remember Richard having Head Alpine skis and raving about them...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy