Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do ski instructors have to prove current ski techniques?

Poster: A snowHead
veeeight, Excellent. I have certainly had my point proved for me in double-quick time! Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle wrote:
Tim Brown,
Quote:

A joke

Wonder why I don't find that funny... Puzzled Puzzled

Probably because it came from me?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tim Brown, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tim Brown,
Quote:

Probably because it came from me?
No. Why would that be, when I don't even know you? I think it could be because it wasn't actually funny.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, carry on then... rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tim Brown, Laughing Very Happy Laughing A joke at last, I knew we would bring you down to our level of posting......................................................... eventually Laughing
Are you coming to the DC lunch at MK?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tim Brown, Laughing I always think that one's funny, in all its guises, but will always favour this one! Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
slikedges, and no doubt there's a version of that one citing Consultants too Wink (although that of course does only apply to the Old Days) Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GrahamN, perish the thought! The Old Days...seems like just yesterday... wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How many ski instructors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

1 to change it and the other 3 to say "nice turns, nice turns".

I like the following definition for Consulting;

http://despair.com/consulting.html

In fairness it probably applies to most trades and professions.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob wrote:
How many ski instructors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Ski instructors don't screw in lightbulbs, they screw in hot tubs.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

they screw in hot tubs.

I think I need to revalidate Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well, I thought the naked instructor gag was funny.

A bit more humility around here wouldn't go amiss sometimes.... or else, more flaming...!!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman, I was told that one by a Vail instructor.

He had a ream of them...

How do you know when a ski instructor walks into a room?

Don't worry, he'll tell everyone.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What's the difference between a ski instructor and a large pizza?
The pizza can feed a family of four.

What are you likely to hear when you see a ski instructor in a three-piece suit?
"Will the defendant please rise."

Ski Instructor Haiku
I once had a dream
Big house, new car, big money
Now I teach skiing

What's the different between a ski instructor and a savings plan?
"Eventually, the savings plan will mature and make money. "
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Laughing
snow report
and some of us actually take our job seriously Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
And there's me thinking skiing was about having fun Toofy Grin
latest report
slikedges wrote:
veeeight,.... It'd be insulting the intelligence of snowHeads to presume they don't know the difference between the casual opinion of like-minded individuals and paying for a private lesson from an instructor of repute. AFAIK the only ISTD who posts here regularly is easiski and the only ones who teach high level skiing on snow regularly are easiski and (I presume) yourself.

Ummmmm.....
I think I am supposed to be offended by that post.... because I guess you are suggesting the folks Fastman coaches are NOT high level then? Evil or Very Mad

and this guy??
http://forums.modernskiracing.com/index.php?showtopic=74

and ssh?? (because I believe Fastman was working with him recently on ILE amongst other stuff)

and this guy???

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=54524

I guess they are all beginners??

and the PSIA instructors he has been working with?? all intermediates I presume? (yes I met some of the above folks when skiing with him so I know they have been working with him)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 27-06-07 19:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
little tiger, To be fair, slikedges did say ISTD, which does actually let out most of the others. OTOH ISTD hadn't been invented when I passed my Grade 1, which was then counted as ISIA..... I would say the only poster who has actually passed his ISTD as it is now is Euangoneskiing (although he doesn't yet post regularly.

glad to see you obviously got home OK. Very Happy
latest report
easiski, he said you were the only ISTD instructor and you and veeeight were the only ones taught high level on snow!( I could have quoted better I guess)

yes thanks got home fine ... have we heard from lampbus? he had a long wait at the airport but I ran off to skip the traffic(hahaha...)

spending 5-10 minutes to travel down the motorway on-ramp and another 15-20 to travel 2.3km was an instant reminder I was back in Ireland....
ski holidays
little tiger,

I think if you read carefully the implication is that easiski and veeight are the only regular, frequent and year round posters from the full-time instructor class. Fastman and ssh et al are valuable and appreciated contributors but hardly here on a daily basis (and why should they be?).
snow report
fatbob, THAT is not what he said... he said that only easiski and veeeight teach high level skiing on snow regularly.... if he did not mean that he should say so... as that implication is not only WRONG it is rude and is certainly NOT fair to the folks Fastman coaches(remember I've skied with a few and attended a race clinic as general dogsbody helper to the qualified folks)...

and if you read MY post carefully you will see I'm listing ssh as one of those Fastman has been working with (ie one of those he has coached)
latest report
little tiger, slow down a bit, dont think you can lable someone rude because they didnt mention every ski instructor who posts here by name. For instance you could add stewart woodward and a few others as fatbob mentions.
latest report
skimottaret, he specifically said that ONLY easiski and veeight teach high level skiing on snow - thus excluding ALL he did not name.... ie it is VERY rude to all instructors that DO teach high level skiing regularly on snow...

I can only argue for the person that I KNOW does teach high level on snow... not those I do not know... YOU are welcome to argue for them!
snow report
LT, grab a box of popcorn and watch with me from the sidelines. It's much more revealing and entertaining to watch the uglyness! Laughing
snow report
veeeight, i am with you but have to rise to the bait wink

little tiger, dont be so pedantic, very few people list their qualifications here and as far as i know there isnt a log of who is or isnt a qualified instructor "who works on snow". because someone doesnt mention ALL the instructors who post here (and then horror of horrors forgets to include your favourite instructor) doesnt mean they are rude or have any malice aforethought.

i mentioned stewart for instance because he sounds like a cool guy who has helped me out with a few answers to questions, should i feel slighted because he wasnt mentioned by name Puzzled
snow conditions
skimottaret, it is the fact he insisted ONLY two instructors teach high level skiing regularly - not that any were named b ut that the rest were written off... despite the fact he knows NADA about them AFAIK...

veeeight, Very Happy but can I have a chocolate icecream instead of the popcorn?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, If you are expecting to win or get the last word in, then you will be dissapointed. Give up.
snow report
skimottaret, have you ever wrestled a pig?
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, NehNeh you'll keep!
snow report
Quote:
Of course Martin Bell's and Fastman's posts are always hugely valuable and influential but unfortunately they are relatively infrequent contributors (and apologies if I've missed any others out).

You seem to have deliberately missed that line out little tiger, kinda spoils most of your rant though doesn't it?
latest report
FenlandSkier, i left a heap else out too... but does NOT change what was written that ONLY EASISKI AND VEEEIGHT teach high level skiing regularly - does however negate skimottarets suggestion about the "forgetting names" bit as he specifically mentions Fastman and Martin Bell after stating ONLY Easiski and Veeight teach high level skiing on snow regularly... ie He implicitly states that FASTMAN and Martin BELL do NOT teach high level skiing regularly!!! (he says they do not post much but does NOT exempt them from not teaching high level lessons regularly... though how he thinks he knows what they do teach is beyond comprehension)
latest report
What is the argument here?
Who is Fastman?
I know most of the others mentioned, but not him.
snow report
No he didn't, he said that Easiski and veeight are the only regular posters who teach high level skiing, and then backed up that comment by mentioning 2 high level instructors who aren't regular posters, then he even apologised in case he'd missed anyone out.
snow conditions
Is Fastman the sports version of charlatanefc?
ski holidays
little tiger wrote:
He implicitly states that FASTMAN and Martin BELL do NOT teach high level skiing regularly!!!

I think only a half-wit could interpret what slikedges wrote in that way.
So I think you can relax. As neither Martin Bell nor Fastman appear to be half-wits I don't expect they will have made the same mistake that you obviously have little tiger.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
What is the argument here?
Who is Fastman?
I know most of the others mentioned, but not him.

Nothing to see here, move along now Laughing wink
snow report
boredsurfin, looks to me like someone else just stopped by for a bit of rubber-necking, pretending they weren't interested wink Very Happy Good words for a mod to say though Toofy Grin
latest report
FenlandSkier, no he did not... he said easiski was the only ISTD that posted regularly and then went on to say that only easiski and veeeight taught high level skiing on snow regularly (2 separate issues - note the AND in the middle)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy