Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Post some stoke

Poster: A snowHead
admin wrote:
I agree veeeight: I really like the photos but although I'm on a fast
connection and a 19" screen some of the bigger pics are still proving a bit
problematic.

Luxury, I'm on a Compaq presario 1246. 800x600 screen, Windows 95, 250MHz processor, 96MB memory. You try telling kids that today and they won't believe you.

Actually the MB trip report thread crashed my laptop, it copes reasonably well with this one even if I have to scroll to see the pics.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, I believe that machine also suffered from a leaky steam boiler wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof,

Thats the best gag for ages...... Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Windows 95, 250MHz processor, 96MB memory

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
veeeight wrote:
Quote:

Windows 95, 250MHz processor, 96MB memory

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I just added an extra 64MB and it really flies along unless it hits a flash plugin.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Surely no one uses dial-up and W95 anymore!

Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
norris wrote:

Shocked

I'm not on dial-up, my laptop has a 54MPBs wireless link, thank-you! Mad
snow report
 brian
brian
I remember an earnest discussion amongst some hardware bods circa 1992 about how 100MHz was going to be the insurmountable barrier to processor speed Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
norris wrote:

Shocked

neither am I, but there are so many pictures the page is all over the place as they load. as I said though - love the pics
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
........ quietly resigned to fate ..... ?

...+ great hat .... Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Martin Nicholas, Excellent, and a leading contender for another rip-off thread " You know my steeze!" Translation= " I consider my style and poise to be rather fine"
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Instructor: "When I said get your weight on the inside edge, I meant the other ski!"
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martin Nicholas, corking snap! Did it hurt much?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Didn't hurt a bit- I was behind the camera snowHead

If you look carefully you will see that not only can Osama not ski very well, he's hiding in the French Alps and not the caves of Pakistan
latest report
Martin Nicholas, Razz Fantastic picture Razz

MORE MORE MORE !
ski holidays
This video was on another post but i thought it deserved a place here, you got to check it out

http://www.natives.co.uk/do/ecco.py/view_item?listid=9&listcatid=39&listitemid=3217
snow conditions
Martin Nicholas, I do love that funny snap - One of those 'I could do with the earth moving just about now' moments
snow conditions
some really nice photos on this thread, really like that snowboard guys ones.

I'll chuck some into the mix, I dont have many good ones as no one ever wants to be in charge of the camera. Sad

snow report
some good pop there stab Little Angel
snow conditions
low flying boarders - great Very Happy
snow conditions
snow report
 brian
brian
stab, are those 4 guys quadruplets ?

davidof, where's that then ?
latest report
Not really a skiing pic but it added a whole new dimension to 'how fast was I? and 'hw far have we been?
snow report
brian wrote:
stab, are those 4 guys quadruplets ?

davidof, where's that then ?

ah sorry, Vercors
latest report
stab, I assumed it was one to those fancy photos that lets you do multiple exposures on a single frame - am I right?
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Megamum, no !!!!! really ? It's amazing what they can do nowadays. Shocked rolling eyes Laughing wink
latest report
davidof, nice shot, looks imposing but not too hairy must have been fun.....what was it like when you got to where the sun ws shining. THAT bit looked a bit hairy.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brian, Well, I did wonder........... I scrutenised the photo for some time, then wondered if the lighter patches evident on some of the coats were reflected in all the jackets and then mused that the camera must have been in a very fixed location if the shots were run over the same frame. Either that or the images were merged on the PC afterwards, perhaps taken from a short piece of video footage. I'm a bit of a photographer myself and would be interested to know how the picture was achieved - it may not have been several shots on the same frame as they do for fireworks for example. It could have been computer generated.
snow report
brian wrote:
, are those 4 guys quadruplets ?

no but they were everywhere I wanted to go that day, pain in the ass.

No fancy camera, just a normal camera taking a load of pictures in rapid succesion, then photoshopped back together.
snow report
Here's another one, it's quite easy to do if you have potatoeshop. I got quite into it last year then this year forgot about it, needs the camera setting up beforehand and normally that means going to where the jump is and walking back up or wasting a run.

snow report
ski holidays
stab, It's quite clever - mind you the background in the second one would have a picture in its own right - a stunning vista and great light.
ski holidays
Megamum, cheers. Something I forgot also is the 2nd picture I posted, with just me in it jumping, that one originally had all manner of idiots on the piste but I erased them.
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
davidof, nice shot, looks imposing but not too hairy must have been fun.....what was it like when you got to where the sun ws shining. THAT bit looked a bit hairy.

It is not too difficult... even the sunny bit. The grade is actually very similar I'm not sure why it looks like it suddenly plunges away like that.

However we cocked up. The couloir is east facing but enclosed and is skiable from Jan to March in a normal year (it was never skiable this year). In Feb when we were there it sees the sun from about 9.45 to 10.30. We got to the top at 10.20, chatted for a while and didn't notice that the sun had moved. What happens, as you can imagine, is that the snow softens to a nice skiable consistency but turns back to ice incredibly quickly - within 5 minutes. If someone has skied the couloir just ahead in the sun this leaves frozen ski tracks which are unpleasant.

The shot is from last year. Helmet is more for protection from stonefall.
snow conditions
Topsmoke, nice shot of the entry into Peclet - looks like you had a bit more snow than us snowHead
ski holidays
This thread needs more pics.... so here are a few more.

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JT, nice!
ski holidays
JT, ahhhhhh.......... nice one to see first thing in the morning, particularily liked the top one in the deep stuff.
snow report
Well, its going to be a long summer so we better dig some more out...Laughing

Here is my mate Tony cutting his own line down the same pitch...it was the best snow we found that day..so I pigged out with the pics a little...Laughing

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy