Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sale shopping for an 'all mountain' ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Atomic Nomad Blackeye or Crimson. These are 2007/ skis, however I managed to get a pair from CanSki in Banff. North America seemed to get them a season earlier than the home territory.
I used them for a week in Panorama B.C with a variety of conditions from fresh powder to some horribly sticky slush and crud.
Worked really well. Edge grip was as good as my old SXB5's. Good straight line speed stability on hardpack, very easy to turn in powder, motored through the crud.

Superb SKI.

I'm a was a very happy bunny Very Happy .
Right now I'm an P***ed off bunny cos I'm stuck at work trying to finish the financial quarter!!!! Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jonflat2, This is the ski if you are on a budget!

AC3

http://www.sport-conrad.com/ArtikelDetail.asp?ArtNummer=70001005 (05/06 model)

Also though I think you need to decide what you want to ski and where in the world you want to ski firstly. Also with all due respect you need to put a budget down.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll second Bob re the Nomad Crimson. I'm very pleased with mine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
plectrum, thanks for the pointer. Although, I've managed to find the 2006/7 Salomon Blast (which I tested in Whistler) for £210 incl. Z12 bindings ... might be hard to resist!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Also though I think you need to decide what you want to ski and where in the world you want to ski firstly.

This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid doing ... for example, I was in Norway earlier this year and spent all my time on groomed pistes - then went to Whistler and spent 10 days skiing in slush and mucking around off-piste. I realise it's a comprimise, but the thing I really want to avoid is having to lug around 2 or more sets of skis.

Quote:

you need to put a budget down.

Flexible - but a bargain is always nice!
latest report
 brian
brian
jonflat2, I don't think you'd go wrong with a k2 recon at €260.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=607880#607880
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy