Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French tolls & petrol prices

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know the latest price for petrol in France and the toll costs from Calais as far as wherever you branch off to Geneva. I'm trying to cost driving vs flying for the week before easter ... left it late and the flights have all gone through the roof.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is a list of petrol prices

http://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/

last time I filled up Diesel was 1.0 per litre and petrol around 1.20 per litre but those are supermarket prices. Add 10c for autoroutes.

Tolls? No idea but probably about 50 euros from Calais to Geneva.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/Driving_directions - as well as giving you directions they give an estimate of petrol costs and state toll charges. Don`t know how accurate the service is.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tolls would be 61.90 euros each way, assuming you took the most direct route via autoroutes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RichA, I have a little scam that might help you. Requires a little 'Bending of the rules' and i'm not sure how your Karma would suffer, PM me if intrested. wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I'm interested
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, If the scam involves buying two day trip tickets from the two different companies that run the ferries it doesn't work anymore as they surcharge you 80% if you don't use the return trip as intended - the surcharge doesn't apply on a longer trip away despite what the terms and conditions say.

Boris, Don't forget you need a Vignette once in Switzerland. I costed everything and can still do it by car for about one third the cost of flying for Me, DH and the two kids and you have the convenience of having the motor at the other end and being able to take more or less what you want as you have the load space.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum; whats a 'vignette'?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum, Surely you only need a Vignette if you use the motorways in Switzerland.

Mitchell, It's a motorway permit that lasts a year. Not too expensive but a good wheeze for the Swiss with tourists. Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris, SHOCKINGMOMMENT will PM you the details. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, I won't forget - but its RichA, going to Switzerland wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris, Sorry, I got all confused when you bit at SZK's offer.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Hi mate,

Would love to know any saving methods for the tolls in France??

Many thanks

Nick
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andosafe, welcome to snowheads! snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thank you
ski holidays
Just realized the date!! ha
ski holidays
andosafe, There is no legal way to avoid paying the tolls wink
snow conditions
On the motorway diesel is 114/117 petrol 124. Off the motorway around 10c cheaper.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Allways interested in a scam. Happy Especially after the autoroute scammed me when my toll box did not register getting on, but did getting off. They charged me for the whole length of an m-way I did about 40K on.
ski holidays
Just got back from Les Carroz. Petrol is 1.25 in town and up to 1.40 on Autoroute (95 RON). Supermarkets or branded stations makes no difference. Diesel is about 1.10 I think.

On our trip out Le Havre (town) and Autoroute prices were very similar at around 1.24 until we reached Nemours (ish) south of Paris, then Autoroute prices increased the further south we travelled. On our return the prices were up to 1.40 all of the way so they must (probably) adjust their prices according to the volume of (holiday) traffic. We travelled out 16 Dec, returned 22 Dec.
snow report
viamichelin.com will give you toll costs
ski holidays
Paid 1.05 for diesel in the SuperU in Bourg St Maurice. Cheaper than at home I think.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy