Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Easter 2007 thread

Poster: A snowHead
Ray Zorro wrote:
Elizabeth B, is that with a schools group? If you decide to go to Obertauern for a day, give us a shout. snowHead

It is with a school group. I'll be "group free" on Easter Sat if you're around then...but I guess you'll be travelling home?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elizabeth B, Yes we do, a shame, maybe another time...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes I shall be in LDA 7 - 14 April so will see the other snowHead 's there. Quite a few I think, easiski is keeping a list. Could only get one lesson, sounds as if Annie has cornered the market. I'm off there the weekend after next too, hardly worth coming back in between.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forgot to ask. I'm thinking about the Snoworks Chile trip but in 2008. Did I see somewhere though that it is £5K Shocked

Edit just noticed thy have the prices on there now - a snip at £5,137
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I could almost get a whole winter's worth of skiing in for that much money, I think I'll give it a miss.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Colin B, Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It is a lot of money but to put it in perspective It is 19 days and includes:-

PROGRAM INCLUDES:
Flights from London to Buenos Aires Argentina.
Flights from Santiago Chile to London.
Local flights from Buenos Airies to Bariloche.
Local flights from Temuco to Santiago.
Private transportation throughout the trip between all resorts.
Coaching from the Snoworks Team of instructors on and off-piste.
Mountain Guide for ascents of Volcanoes and other off piste skiing.
All safety equipment for off-piste skiing.
Full board lodging from arrival in Argentina to Departure in Chile.
All ski passes, entrance fees and all activities according to the itinerary. Horse riding, rafting, canopy.
All Tips at every venue, resort, restaurant.

NOT INCLUDED: Drinks & Beverages, Insurance.

I think Crystal charge around £2K for some of their basic packages to Chile. I'll spend the next 12 months deciding whether I can justify it to mysels (It would be a 50th birthday present)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm off to France over Easter

Mind you we're stating in Normandy so not sure the skiing will be great Laughing

Would love to go over Easter and did consider it but unfortunately just can't afford it this year - not know the twins are 6 and have to pay for lift passes Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We don't break up till the 4th!! heading straight off to Grimentz until the 7th then PsV for the English races, bakc hom on the 16th for school on the 18th ... hhoray! only 3 weeks to go!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
AxsMan wrote:
rob@rar, We're in the ChantelC from MyFrenchChalet - I think you recommended them? Anyway it's you I'll blame to Mrs Axs if they're rubbish Laughing .

Yes, I'm pretty certain it's in the same building as my apartment. It is, therefore, in a perfect position, the shine will always shine, the powder will be deep, the pistes empty, etc, etc Wink I'm also out at Easter, so hopefully we can share a beer. If you've got any questions about the Chantel development please feel free to send me a PM.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B wrote:
Forgot to ask. I'm thinking about the Snoworks Chile trip but in 2008. Did I see somewhere though that it is £5K Shocked

Edit just noticed thy have the prices on there now - a snip at £5,137

It is expensive, but I think it's good value for money as it's a unique trip. I've seen a video diary of the 2005 trip and it looked amazing. If I was able to get some time for skiing in the summer I'd sign up for it in a heartbeat.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bev has pronounced the South America trip too expensive. I can see where she is coming from. Can't get mortgages on ski trips apparently.

snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Bish wrote:
I can see where she is coming from. Can't get mortgages on ski trips apparently.

snowHead

Building Societies are so short-sighted.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AxsMan, rob@rar,

I am out with a group of 11 in 1950 from 31st - 14th. Mini W and friends slightly more mini than the Axslets I met at Lockwoods, but I am sure they would love to see some older girls sking (last year smallW (aged 5) was in total awe of PG's Hannah's collection of trophies and medals on dispay in BSM, and wants desperately to "to ski like her" ).

But otherwise, do I feel a "Squirrel Time" coming on - snow willing?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Will be in Wengen over Easter (departing on 17th March). Always good snow and guaranteed a few powder days. Touring & heliskiing too Very Happy
latest report
I'm out in La Tania with the family, flying out Sunday 1st to Chambery.

You may see me skiing around Smile I'll be mostly wearing this stuff in the link below, and enjoying the Missions in slush, powder or hard pack Very Happy

http://gregh.co.uk/albums/morzine06/

Hope to see you around
latest report
Assuming your watching the GFS runs Frosty, it's looking promising so far!!!!
snow report
i have decided to keep my powder dry an dsee how conditions are looking for the week after easter now.. should be a lot quieter and if there is snow and the temps arn't too high i may do a quick 3/4 night smash n grab trip
snow report
kitenski, Isn't it just. Good dump Thursday and not to hot next week and lovely weather for us Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
looks like snow/rain around the 1st thru 4th April as well Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I really must stop getting excited by the forecasts until this time next week, but looking cold and snowy if it all pans out. Fingers crossed!!
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
AxsMan wrote:
rob@rar, We're in the ChantelC from MyFrenchChalet - I think you recommended them? Anyway it's you I'll blame to Mrs Axs if they're rubbish Laughing .

Yes, I'm pretty certain it's in the same building as my apartment. It is, therefore, in a perfect position, the shine will always shine, the powder will be deep, the pistes empty, etc, etc Wink I'm also out at Easter, so hopefully we can share a beer. If you've got any questions about the Chantel development please feel free to send me a PM.

Hi Rob, didn't realise prices were so steep in Les Arcs, normally I'd expect us to afford at least a beer each. snowHead

Jim W I'm sure the Axsettes would be flattered by the attention Laughing (sadly their medal collection is somewhat smaller) snowHead
snow conditions
Will be in Ischgl over Easter... snow is fab and I can't wait.... plus The Scissor Sisters are playing the Easter Monday top of the mountain concert!!!! Roll on April 4th....
ski holidays
Official trips are over for the year but I'm certainly hoping and expecting to get out at least a couple more times this season - work is beginning to get in the way Sad We're due for a day's skiing with a pal on Saturday but we're both full of the lurgi so whether it will happen remains to be seen. Deffo planning on heading for the hills on Easter Sat as it's my birthday...

We've thought about the Snoworks Chile trip but having just sunk our money into a flat, and with 2 of us, it's going to be out of court for a few years yet I think. Maybe sometime when we're between dogs and don't have to pay for kennels...
snow conditions
Well, last school-day Very Happy .

Hope everyone going away next week has a really fantastic time and that the snow is brilliant for us snowHead snowHead
latest report
Ray Zorro, Forecast for the French Alps looking excellent, Snow today, bit more over the weekend, clear skies next week! Good luck everyone, er, break a leg! Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
Does look good doesn't it. Do we have a rendezvous for 2 Alpes snowHeads? The Lutins is the usual meet-up. I guess Charlotte will be OK with liaison. Her mobile number is on her website. I should get there early evening on the 7th. Still haven't got anyhere to stay, but have the offer of a bed with the school group I am visiting so will not be on the streets. I'll see what I can find when I get there.
latest report
For info its perfectly possible to do a very nice homebrew trip to Chile with a budget flight (try Iberia) and use of public transport and the thumb. A smattering of Spanish helps but you only have to be able to say "Lomo a la pobre" which is a big steak with egg and chips.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish, I don't arrive until very late on the 7th but will be up for a rendezvous from 8th onwards. I'll have my 11 year daughter with me but she is fairly used to French Bars Embarassed
snow report
Colin B, I'm very likely to have a dozen 14 year olds with me! I'll PM you my mobile number forthwith.

snowHead
latest report
Currently snowing nicely down in La Tania and St Martin de Belleville snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Chris Bish, Colin B, - Count us in for a rendezvous too - if the thought of 2 x9.5 yr olds and an 8yr old doesn't fill you with horror! Mobile no. should land in your in box shortly... or if the previous excursion to LDA is anything to go by we'll probably be in Lutins most afternoons from around 4.30pm
Chris Bish, In response to your question on the last page - yes we're with Charlotte in various configurations pretty much all day all week except Thursday ( kids in the mornings adults split into two 1.5hr sessions in the afternoons)
ski holidays
I am off to Pralognan La Vanoise on the 7th of april ,looking forward to to seeing the sun with snow again after a pretty crap Scottish winter and i hope where ever you are you have a great time!!
snow report
Looks like I will be returning to Val Cenis next Fri for 8 days Very Happy Will be skiing a couple of the other Maurienne resorts, and more than likely a trip via Orelle to Val Thorens.
ski holidays
Off to Nendaz next weeekend hope the snows good. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Last post for 8 days or so. I shall try not to use up all the snow in the 3V.

Bon Soir Very Happy snowHead
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,

Bonnes vacances, have loadsa fun Very Happy
snow report
Have a good one Frosty the Snowman, keep a little stash aside for us.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Take Care and Enjoy in equal portions .. snowHead
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, have a great time! Enjoy snowHead snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy