Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Easter 2007 thread

Poster: A snowHead
Well we had various half term threads and so here is my Easter thread. 20 of us leave Manchester on the 1st April for a week in a catered chalet in Reberty 2000, which is modern arm of Les Menuires in the 3 valleys. We have been to the identical next door chalet last year with a small group and must say that I am thrilled to be returning.

Some folks are a bit worried that the snow will be poor going so late, but have been assured by yours truly that Easter usually has better snow than Christams / New Year.

Now for the (hopefully) great news: Monday the 19th sees a cold wet front sweeping down from the North. It looks like a fairly big system and at the moment is set to last over a week Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

With a big group it is often difficult to meet up with other folks but if anyone else in the area at the same time then let me know Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We're just over the valley in Obertauern on the same week. Come and join us for a day snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, I shall listen out for you wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked Jeez, how many skiing holidays are you taking this season ?

Mine are now all over Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IncogSkiSno, PSB, La Rosiere, Reberty, EOSB. Selfish me solo on 2 though Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, Oh I thought it was more than that - if you can get away with it, why not, I would if I could.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IncogSkiSno, Easter! you know you should, probably get a decent last minute deal for next to nothing Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IncogSkiSno wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked Jeez, how many skiing holidays are you taking this season ?

Mine are now all over Sad

Not EOSBing?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, Hmm, afraid not, that is it for this season. I can't grumble, I have had 4 trips. Very Happy

rob@rar, Nooo, might do another Snoworks next season though Very Happy SO wants to do Chile Laughing Are you eosbing ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
IncogSkiSno wrote:
rob@rar, Nooo, might do another Snoworks next season though Very Happy SO wants to do Chile Laughing Are you eosbing ?

Yes I'm EOSBing. The Snoworks Chile trip looks brilliant, but I don't think it's fair to Jane (who wouldn't want to ski in the summer) to do that as well as lots of winter trips, so I'll just have to look on enviously.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll be in the Ski Amade area over Easter snowHead
snow report
 brian
brian
We're going out to Switzerland on Easter Sunday, skiing until the lifts close for the season the following Sunday. Build up of snow above 2000m looks great now. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elizabeth B, is that with a schools group? If you decide to go to Obertauern for a day, give us a shout. snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Just checked out that snoworks trip. Fantastic! Wonder if Bev would be up for it?

http://www.snoworks.co.uk/i-skiing/chile.html
snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Passo Tonale for me, first week of April.
snow report
Chris Bish wrote:
rob@rar, Just checked out that snoworks trip. Fantastic! Wonder if Bev would be up for it?

http://www.snoworks.co.uk/i-skiing/chile.html
snowHead

I know a few people who've been on the trip in the last couple of years, and without exception they all raved about what a wonderful time they had. Although there's a lot of skiing to be done, it looks like there is so much more to see and do as well. I'd love to do it, but a long summer skiing trip is just not an option for me unfortunately.
snow report
Still trying to attract Bev's attention to this thread. She will be on the EOSB thread and will think I am talking about 2 Alpes at Easter. Which I could be. Fancy South America at all Bev????

Should I shout?

snowHead
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, We will also be in the 3v at the same time Meribel from the 2nd and Courchevel from the 7th so like you we are also keeping a close eye on the snow conditions. Would not mind meeting up if the opportunity arose.
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno,
Quote:
Frosty the Snowman, Jeez, how many skiing holidays are you taking this season ?

Some people in Wengen last week were puzzled at the notion that you might want to take 4 trips in one season Shocked
They hadn't heard of snowHeads....

Now, I need to try and find somewhere for Easter weekend Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I'll be in St Anton for Easter, my third ski trip of the year!
latest report
We'll be in LDA - just 8 of us with most of the time spent under the tutelage of Easiski. Hopefully will find the time/energy to sink a glass or three of red wine with Chris Bish, while we're there.
snow report
Annie, Would be very delighted. Still got nowhere to stay, but not panicking at all. Hoping to find a room in an undersubscribed chalet. Despite my attempts to distance myself from the school trip, I now find myself the official deputy leader of it! There are some jobs where you just can't duck responsibilty, it seems. Our students are, by the way, almost entirely delightful in every way. It is just that the LEA rules mean they can only ski with an instructor and only 4 hours a day. Have you booked huge amounts of Charlotte time then?

Just remembered Colin B is in resort that week too (I think)

snowHead
snow report
Quote:

It is just that the LEA rules mean they can only ski with an instructor and only 4 hours a day.
Chris Bish, Are they 5 yr olds Puzzled
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, 14 to 18 believe it or not!

Can you see why I am keeping my distance from it?

snowHead
snow report
Are they allowed to do 4hrs boarding in the afternoon Toofy Grin
ski holidays
My daughters school has a similar policy which is why they do not want to go on school ski trip.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Bish, So what will you do with them for the other 16 hours (assuming they manage four hours sleep) ? Shocked Rather you than me Mate! Laughing

Will be in Les Arcs for the Easter week (31st - 7th), 1st trip there so looking forward to it. rob@rar, I believe you ski there quite a bit any reccomendations for a bunch of intermediates and a snowboarder?

Will be my 5th and final trip this season, after Tignes (twice) Pila (with the Lads), and Meribel for the Bish Bash snowHead Can't do the EOSB but maybe next year.....
snow report
AxsMan, I am going down to visit this trip at my own expense and in my holiday time because I would love to share my joy in skiing with my students. I am not a part of the trip! I am just visiting.

No way could I cope with those sort of restrictions on a mostly safe activity.

snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can someone educate me? Do I take it that Easter is the 31st-7th April for UK school folks?

If so that means still great snow for the week after I get back from MSB --- now where should I go ( body willing) ...? Mmmhh - L2A, Les Gets .. Serre C.... mmhh?
latest report
Agenterre, Its a 2 week break from 31st March
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Thanks ... so it really should be week commencing 23rd for 3/4 days. I have nothing against kids of course , just can't stand the ankle-biters skiing so much better than me and I need more of the slope than they do Twisted Evil
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
If so that means still great snow for the week after I get back from MSB --- now where should I go ( body willing) ...? Mmmhh - L2A, Les Gets .. Serre C.... mmhh?

Apparently the 3v will be shut that week Toofy Grin
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, No ... the News Alert is .... the 3Vs chalets closed for re-staffing pending mass walkouts on hearing of M. Frosty's imminent arrival wink wink
ski holidays
Downtown Bern this lunchtime 20C Its summer Very Happy

Really didnt wan to come back to the office but when you have a view like this it OK
Very Happy Very Happy

ski holidays
In Chamonix for 3 days skiing over Easter, anyone else or will I have the place to myself... Twisted Evil

IMT
latest report
 brian
brian
stanton, nice view. Is that the Jungfrau with the halo ?
snow report
AxsMan wrote:
Will be in Les Arcs for the Easter week (31st - 7th), 1st trip there so looking forward to it. rob@rar, I believe you ski there quite a bit any reccomendations for a bunch of intermediates and a snowboarder?

Loads of terrain suitable, in Les Arcs and across in La Plagne if you fancy a longer trip for a day or two. Where are you staying?
latest report
Agenterre, Afraid ours are on holiday from 23rd - 16th.
snow conditions
rob@rar, We're in the ChantelC from MyFrenchChalet - I think you recommended them? Anyway it's you I'll blame to Mrs Axs if they're rubbish Laughing .
ski holidays
Agenterre, most schools are off from 31st I believe, but some lucky blighters get three weeks (mainly private schools).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy