Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I the only one that gets only one week skiing a year?

Poster: A snowHead
AxsMan, While we're at it , can we add some of Admin's other misdemeanours:-

-Marital discord,
-Repetitive strain syndrome

snowHead wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agenterre,
Quote:

-Marital discord,
-Repetitive strain syndrome

Shocked Shocked are the two connected?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agenterre, are they related? Shocked

Until this season I only ever had 1 week a year, so far I've only had one week but Selva in 2 weeks and the EoSB to go Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, Swirly, Laughing Laughing unfortunately I'd be lying if I said it was deliberate snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
...not to mention the generation to come who will blame me for their parents Spending their Kids Inheritance
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I was doing Jan - April this year, but then went and broke my leg on the 2nd day and had to come home. Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, I have been managing 0-1 weeks/year since 1985 (15 weeks in 22yrs I think) - but snowHead s have led me astray and this year I have had 1wk in la R******, and am looking forward Puzzled to my second week - at the EOSB.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
crazy_skier_jules wrote:
No worries megamum, I don't get that much, we're not all rich with high-flying well-paying jobs and both parents/partners working in good jobs. rolling eyes

I'm not either...which is why out of the 4 weeks I'm skiing this year, 3 are work...which will pay for the 4th. If you are committed to skiing, there are ways Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nick L wrote:
snowHead s have led me astray and this year
It's a slippery slope... at least we hope so Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

we're not all rich with high-flying well-paying jobs

Some of us even live in the wastelands of The North Shocked Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Quote:

I did have a well-paying job, but had to give that up last year due to ill health. My pension is not equivalent to a "good" salary, but we don't have a mortgage, and I am fortunate in that most of my other hobbies are relatively inexpensive (gardening, cycling, walking). My outgoings are low, and we can afford our ski holidays if we don't do expensive summer holidays. With the Peak District a short drive away, this isn't really a problem, and we enjoy relatively modest walking and cycling holidays in the UK at low cost, if we do anything during the Summer.

However I would happily ski more. All this talk of buying apartments in France has got me thinking whether this might be an option for us, as I stand to eventually inherit Mum's estate, which would be ample for this purpose. I have to think what she would want me to do. She was very keen on saving, but also very keen on me being well, and enjoying life. An apartment would satisfy both criteria, and it is a serious option. It would also provide a base for alpine cycling in the summer.

But then again, 9 weeks in just over 2 calendar years is a lot of skiing!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For the last 8 seasons I've had two weeks (one week before that) plus a weekend, usually. This year, only one, plus a weekend.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Quote:

Oh yes, you poor Northerners Laughing Quoted from today's Telegraph:

Rich Britons live in South East and Yorkshire

By Alex Berry

London and Hampshire are home to the greatest concentrations of rich people in the UK, according to a new "wealth map" published today.

Yorkshire is third on the list, beating the more traditionally moneyed areas of Surrey and Middlesex into fourth and fifth place, followed by another northern region, Lancashire.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RachelQ wrote:
Rich Britons live in South East and Yorkshire

I'm surprised; if I was buying a second home, it wouldn't be in Yorkshire.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laughing
Me neither
snow conditions
Started in 2005 with the family at La Plagne. Addicted within 30 mins of getting a pair of planks strapped on.

2006 - not looking good. Saved by the EoSB! snowHead

2007 - family trip to La Rosiere. And the EoSB to look forward to!

2008 - Serre Chevalier booked for half-term. Hoping to make one other trip and maybe the EoSB too Smile

So it's addictive as you can see. I *do* have a good job, but having three kids makes it an expensive passion. The answer is to go DIY or as part of a group booked that way. Next year (Serre Che) I'm going half-DIY - accomodation booked with Neilson but will sort childcare, ski hire and ski school out myself to save money (and frankly better value!)
latest report
1 week's chalet holiday in Val d'Isere, a weekend in Switzerland (staying with friends and travelling to resort each day), 3 days' planned for Les Arcs in 3 weeks' time. I had 10 years off and after getting going again this year, I vowed there was no way I was letting that happen again.

And talk has turned to the PSB...
snow conditions
I'm not rich, and only "high-flying" when travelling to and from work. Wink

...but, I got my first part time job at 15, didn't spend my money the way a lot of my friends were then or at University, got my first mortgage at 25, and don't really do summer holidays.
...oh, and I've got no wife/kids/etc, so I can live/travel/holiday on my own, and at my own financial level.

So far this year, I have had a long weekend in Stowe and a week in Aspen. I'm off to Tahoe for 10 days later this month.
I expect the next time I take more than just 1 day off work (if my contract is extended) will be in December.
snow report
Yes, probably
snow report
Megamum, The answer is to get your Kids(human kind wink ) hooked into winter snow sports now ,then , later when they flee the nest encourage them to have a Gap year or two before starting work/Uni
In the winter months they wont be able to to resist the draw of a ski/board job - Voila = cheap trips for parent people Toofy Grin
We have 3 daughters 2x boarders 1xskier (20 24 25 Y/O) = 5 winter season jobs so far . Cheap flight and stay with them ( when the job allows) Eldest now has a REAL job in London Sad wink (no thought for others) Daughter No.2 2006-7 season in Meribel ,had a lovely time at xmas with her . Daughter No.3 planning a season 2007-8 in Austria somewhere (great never been skiing there before !)

How old are Yours???
snow conditions
1st year - 1.5 weeks ice climbing, 4 days skiing.
2nd year - 1.5 weeks ice climbing, 2 days skiing.
3rd year - 1 days ice climbing, 3 weeks skiing.
4th year - 0 days ice climbing, 3 weeks skiing (inc those booked).

Spot the trend?
ski holidays
moon, what jobs do your daughters do when out there?
snow conditions
I started really late and am trying to make up for lost time, this is only my 3rd year skiing. A similar trend to others:-

1st Year - One and a half weeks
2nd Year - Three Weeks
This Year - Three and a half Weeks

But I'm single now and can do pretty much as I please although my daughter is keen too and is coming for 2 of the weeks this year. Organising my own trips is the only way to make it affordable I couldn't do it at TO prices. Although I get plenty of holiday the only way I could get more skiing in would be to give up the summer holiday and I wouldn't do that.
latest report
Quote:

Spot the trend?

Scarpa, Have you gone off Ice Climbing? Laughing snowHead
snow report
I've worked hard to get where I am today. Fortunately that leaves me in a position to ski six weeks this year. wink
snow conditions
Megamum I did a poll on this very question some time ago - the results are shocking - I don't get enough skiing! snowHead

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=16249
snow report
moon, Mine are a daughter aged 7 and a son aged 4

Hoppo, I must admit I was thinking it was poll material when I posted the question - It seems I don't get enough skiing either!
snow report
Megamum, that's the benefit of a poll, now you have evidence for your plight which you can use as appropriate! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markus, Allsorts ~ Chalet maid (private owner/small companies) , ~resort rep,~ office work (organising transfers in France for Neilson) ~
Bar work , she loved this one as it left lots of time to Board in the Day ,hours of work 6pm - 2am ,ok when yer young Smile Another one that went down well was feeding 16 -- 18-35 Y/Olds who spent the season doing their BASI (3) in Courchevel. They were out all day with Instructors so again this left plenty of time for PLaying ,before it was time to cook an evening meal. Markus, are You thinking of doing a season??
ski holidays
Busy family of 5 with teacher wife: 1 week per year, though I have sneaked in the odd weekend when time/money/conditions allow, and if I haven't broken any limbs at half term (like now, it's a pain typing with your arm in plaster).
snow report
One week a year for me for the last 15years, (loads of plastic and a couple of weekends in Scotland in between) Much more to come as i have only just turned 21! Full time career (part time study)
so more ££ = more snowHead
snow conditions
Megamum, Keep working at it and I'm sure that your average will eventually improve. There does come a time in your life when you begin to wonder how much longer your knee joints can stand the strain - so my advice is do as much as you can now before old age and knackeredness set in! snowHead
snow conditions
moon, are any of your daughters single Razz
ski holidays
One week- how awful, another reason not to have children.
latest report
Nadenoodlee, they've never stopped me doing 3 weeks a year. snowHead
ski holidays
Megamum, You need to send less money on the kids.
snow conditions
laundryman, without kids you could have a house there!
ski holidays
Swirly, tut tut, but Yes 2 are - although very sought after of Course, as they take after their Mother wink
snow report
moon, are they coming to the EoSB?

Sorry I'll stop now wink
ski holidays
moon, pimping your daughters. Nice touch. NehNeh
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy