Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EOSB - dunno what to do......

Poster: A snowHead
holidayloverxx wrote:
OK - that's it - flight booked!!!

Great choice! I'm sure you'll have a great time Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smokin Joe wrote:
holidayloverxx, just book it - you'll love it !

er.... I have booked it (see earlier posts) - I'll forgive the lapse as I'm originally from up your way.

really looking forward to it. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, it's a worry. They're trying too hard to get you to join them. Some people that went last year haven't been seen or heard of since. Second post on this thread even suggests "gentle ribbing". That, for sure, is a reference to latex. My advice would be to rent a nice big condo in Whistler instead.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx,

A more normal ...well, mostly... and friendly bunch of internet geeks you couldn't hope to meet..Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx You will find yourself in exactly the same situation I was in last year. You'll worry a little about heading out on your own & the wisdom of sharing a holiday with a bunch of 'internet weirdos' (as we lovingly call ourselves). You'll probably think 'well, if I can't find someone out of 60+ people to get on with, maybe I'm the weirdo?'. You'll meet a couple of us at the airport & share yr first beer (this is an important first step of yr holiday initiation). You'll join the Lardybus & more SHs & start to get the feeling that this is going to be ok.

As the week progresses you'll be able to ski as much or as little as you like & there'll always be someone around to keep an eye on you. Likewise you can be as sociable or sensible as you like (but might miss some of the best gossip if you're a pumpkin like me Very Happy ) You'll be staggered by the hollowness of certain SHs legs & more than a little entertained as they emerge from their pits in the morning. Most of all you'll feel like one of the gang from minute 1, will be a little sad when the week comes to an end but will be straight back on here once home to start nagging Admin about the next trip.

One other thing, don't forget your strong SPF sunblock - majority of us burnt to a crisp on Day one - funnily enough while enjoying a lunchtime beer on a piste terrace.

p.s. Welcome to snowHead heads
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eeyore,

thanks Eeyore - I feel in the groove right now. Very Happy

Even if I had hollow legs I'd still get pi**ed cos they are so short, hey-ho Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welcome aboard the trip holidayloverxx, I reckon you'll fit in just fine Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All this talk of EOSB is making me think about it - would you still have 2 spaces - me & husband, & if so, when would we need to make a decision by?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
geri, just book it!!!
(Oh - and don't forget to tell Mr Zorro that you have wink )
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geri,

It gets you like that
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michelle wrote:
geri, just book it!!!
(Oh - and don't forget to tell Mr Zorro that you have wink )

Why Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, It's my first time on the legendry EOSB and having read the posts and seen the photos of last years bash it sounds like a great time was had by all. Hopefully this year's will be even better
PS welcome to snowHead heads
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marlin, ah yes, the pictures http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/cat/582 Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
awwww, mmmeeeemmmories, must be beautiful and yetttt, misty water-coloured memmmmmoorries, of the way we were.....
latest report
holidayloverxx, geri, A picture tells a thousand words. Never too late to cancel...

ski holidays
It's karaoke night again Shocked
ski holidays
[quote="Bode Swiller"]holidayloverxx, geri, A picture tells a thousand words. Never too late to cancel...

Well Bode, they all look just fine to me - opposing thumbs, beer, indeterminate age, fetching ski-wear (edit - how did I miss that first time!) I can see myself fitting in with that

........ and is there really karaoke? Very Happy
snow report
holidayloverxx, oh yes indeedy.
latest report
Eeyore,
Quote:

You'll be staggered by the hollowness of certain SHs legs & more than a little entertained as they emerge from their pits in the morning.

Oi!!! Leave me out of it Wink
snow report
Kramer wrote:
holidayloverxx, oh yes indeedy.

Nobody warned me about that Shocked
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, btw the mugging idiots in the front row were nothing to do with us, they just happened to be passing! (Although perhaps some have joined up since Wink)
snow conditions
TallTone, I think they were just some random Dutch that had turned up early for their week and happened to be passing by when the photo was taking. God knows what the tiger suit was about though Shocked
ski holidays
FenlandSkier,

aaah - the Dutch, that explains it all rolling eyes
snow report
holidayloverxx, you'll need to put your name down now for the karaoke snowHead
latest report
Smokin Joe wrote:
holidayloverxx, you'll need to put your name down now for the karaoke snowHead

Consider it done Laughing

I think enough people will have got the message that I'm up for it (karaoke of course Embarassed ). if there's one in town I'll find it......then everyone else may wish to leave....just don't all rush for the doors at the same time, it's unseemly and can cause accidents.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, and you were woried that you might not 'fit in' rolling eyes Laughing Laughing
latest report
Michelle,

not any more Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, you'll fit in just fine, I was there last year and had a great time, I won't be there this year as I spent all of my skiing funds for this year in Banff. Enjoy yourself whilst I'm green with envy! Laughing
ski holidays
From the Val Thorens Web Site today - "A layer of between 80 cm and 100 cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last few days" snowHead
latest report
admin,

that's been up since last week whent hey had a big dump
snow conditions
Embarassed Oops: I obviously haven't had enough time on my hands to keep an eye on it Embarassed
latest report
admin wrote:
Embarassed Oops: I obviously haven't had enough time on my hands to keep an eye on it Embarassed

I've obviously got nothing better to do........er forgot about work Sad Sad
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, ....... if your karaoke singing is marginal, I now feel competent enough to pass on some of my techniques ....... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
BernardC, have you been sneaking in some practice sessions?
ski holidays
BernardC, I thought your rendition of Tom Jones' "Cluster Bomb" was superb Toofy Grin
latest report
Swirly wrote:
Dunno but I've just decided that I'm going (ability to organise transport withstanding) it seems a better way than most to spend the demonstrating cheque from last year that I just found!!

I like the "demonstrating cheques" from uni - only my supervisor tends to make us work too hard for them by making us do all the marking for him!
ski holidays
petemillis, fortunately I do a module where the marking is very minimal and done during the practical sessions, the people that have to do marking out of labs seem to get a harsh deal as it always takes longer than the time they get paid for, most of the assesment of the course I help with is by exam so I get paid to invidulate that too Smile
snow conditions
BernardC wrote:
holidayloverxx, ....... if your karaoke singing is marginal, I now feel competent enough to pass on some of my techniques ....... Toofy Grin

Marginal would be a generous statement. Maybe we could do the worst duet in the world Razz
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, ........ ah...I feel you may be on the very same 'vocal plateau' that I found myself on last year.

Fear not, I have now been fully trained though, by Margerite Crackatan, the renowned colleague of Clive James, and have now left the aforementioned plateau ..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy