Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EOSB - dunno what to do......

Poster: A snowHead
Dunno what to do!!!!!

I was going to do my own thing the week before at Les Arcs, but now I find that I can get w/c 21st off work.

cards on the table chaps - I'm a mature girlie, on my own due to MrHL going off on other wild adventures in Alaska - I've never done anything like this before - not even shared a chalet. I want to have a ski week as we went to Tremblant at New Year and the conditions were awful. I really need to have lessons to try and improve - I am the slowest person in the world and my technique stinks (12 weeks + !!!).

What will I be letting myself in for?

Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From what I've gleaned from across the SH site.
A little gentle ribbing, and a lot of help, advice and support.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kermit

what - no beer?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beer will probably just happen, kind of like a background task that never stops
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx, I am also a married but sole travelling (but very immature mid 40s) basher. My skiing is much like yours.

Based on last year then all your requiremente will be satisfied.
There is fabulous instruction available that is outstanding value

I also thought that everyone was very sociable and that there was something there for everyone: Nights in with home cooking, nice meals out, wild lash ups, take away and a DVD. Everyone was so friendly, and the range of skiing abilities truly massive.

I think you would have a great time.

kermit, Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dunno but I've just decided that I'm going (ability to organise transport withstanding) it seems a better way than most to spend the demonstrating cheque from last year that I just found!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, we have some excellent instruction available which will be squeezed into the first half of the week so that 1) you can practise in the second half and 2) the instructors get a few days to chill out and actually ski with friends for fun for once.

There will be 1-1 or small groups available plus small clinic style groups to deal with particular issues ie. Moguls or Off-piste.
However it's not compulsory of course Wink

I suspect you will benefit from meeting people with far less control than you going faster (possibly to the cries of "incoming") and others in far more control going slower.
You will also be able to measure this in the (legendary) race later in the week: a fun event where everybody gets a chance to go down at whatever their own 'fastest' speed is.

We have people turning up, ranging from those just finding their ski legs to pro's. The bond of course is the shared passion for sliding about.

We'll have a meal all together, a raffle, maybe a BBQ on the mountain this time and perhaps even a beer or two Wink

btw. In case you're worried about it: Last year the age range was 16 - 62
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nearly convinced.....

Easy Jet or BA?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

In case you're worried about it: Last year the age range was 16 - 62
Gosh Lord Whoitenoise doesn't look a day over 98 Twisted Evil wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, slow? You ain't skied with Jerry Wink
Frosty the Snowman, immaturity is yer best feature Neh Neh
admin,
Quote:

I suspect you will benefit from meeting people with far less control than you going faster (possibly to the cries of "incoming")

Who might that be then? Blush
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Easy Jet or BA?

Whichever is cheapest wink

I went on my own last year; I enjoyed it so much (and went on about it) that my wife's coming this year to see what all the fuss is about! snowHead

Convinced yet?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx, you are one of admin's sock puppets and I claim my 10£ . . . or in the alternative 10% of the surge in sad booger booking revenue since your first post.

Go on the ESOB, lots o'kit, great instruction, loads of peer encouragement and enough public scrutiny to keep the married males worried into flaccidity. As long as you keep your pockets etc. away from the doctors you should have a great and informative holiday.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

and enough public scrutiny to keep the married males worried into flaccidity.
Masque, I did comment at the time that I did not see or hear a single innapropriate word or action all holiday. I think this a serious and important point for females, and vulnerable males like myself (sorry couldn't help it rolling eyes ), who would be travelling alone.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, who are you trying to reassure? wink

But seriouslyholidayloverxx, from every tale told, if it weren't for the skiing and the camaraderie, the ESOB wouldn't be worth going on rolling eyes Confused
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK - that's it - flight booked!!!

Don't get me wrong - I travel alone all over the world, what I haven't done is go away with a group and it was that bit I wasn't sure about.

Glad to hear though that this is a respectable(??) bunch - just hope I can keep the standards up!

Thanks to all for comments and advice

See you all there - I'll be the one with (probably) orange hair....but I may change my mind (I'm a girl, it's allowed). Very Happy
snow report
holidayloverxx, you won't regret it! Very Happy
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, great news. We need more girlies, mature or otherwise. You won't regret it - this'll be my 3rd EoSB, it's quite addictive and a nicer bunch of people you couldn't hope to meet. snowHead
ski holidays
 brian
brian
holidayloverxx, I'm off to France on Friday (on a bashette) with a bunch of snowHead s I've never met. I was attempting to explain this to a mate of mine last night who clearly thinks I am completely bonkers Confused

I'll let you know how it goes ... wink
snow report
holidayloverxx, On the other hand..............

You might!!! Shocked
snow conditions
Ello Rachel, did you see yours truly is a comin!
ski holidays
Think my wife would be concerned if I was going on holiday with someone called "holidayloverxx".
snow report
holidayloverxx,
BTW may I repectfully suggest you change your name if you're on the eosb...............as err umm err umm errr ummmmmmm ...........

Oh never mind.
snow report
martski, exactly.......
snow conditions
Slowplough wrote:
holidayloverxx,
BTW may I repectfully suggest you change your name if you're on the EoSB...............as err umm err umm errr ummmmmmm ...........

Oh never mind.

oo-er - I love holidays!!!
latest report
martski, you're probably thinking of holidayloverxxx wink
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, glad you're coming. I rather suspect that I am even more "mature" than you are. Not done a snowheads bash in the Alps, yet, this'll be my first, [edit] No it won't, Senior moment, forgot the MSB[/edit] but from the experience of Castleford dos with fellow SHs, I expect we'll have great time. Don't think I've said Hi, yet - so welcome to the asylum. Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 21-02-07 18:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
aw, yes, I remember her well NehNeh
snow report
Quote:
brian, I'm off to France on Friday (on a bashette) with a bunch of s I've never met. I was attempting to explain this to a mate of mine last night who clearly thinks I am completely bonkers

Try explaining that to you Mom! wink

Funny thing is, my S.O. thought that's just fine.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Slowplough wrote:
Ello Rachel, did you see yours truly is a comin!

So you are Very Happy That's good news too. (I think it's your round) Laughing
ski holidays
abc wrote:
Quote:
brian, I'm off to France on Friday (on a bashette) with a bunch of s I've never met. I was attempting to explain this to a mate of mine last night who clearly thinks I am completely bonkers

Try explaining that to you Mom! wink

Funny thing is, my S.O. thought that's just fine.

Mine has always ben concerned about the fact that I would be alone when I go skiing, so was very pleased this year when I mentioned I was going to meet up with people from here in Neiderau.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, The only thing if you go, is that you have to tell the rest of us who arent there what really goes on Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
year when I mentioned I was going to meet up with people from here in Neiderau.[/quote]
ski holidays
Just got in from work -- logged on and found this EoSB............... thread. I havent noted it before ,fairly new to S/H.
Have been trying to plan a late trip for me (Amanda) and Mr moon (Peter) as a suprise BIG BIrthday for Peter (5o). I thought the last week in March, didnt think we could still slide around so late in April. So is there any room for us? He would love the skiing as well as the social stuff. He skis pretty well BUT me on the other hand mmmmmmmmmmmmmm not good , would this be a problem??? I have skiied for 6 years and been 10 times but am still pretty rubbish ---------- I try hard though and I just love it! Let me know what you think?
latest report
moon, all ages, all abilities welcome. In fact it's good, because generally you'll both find a suitable group to ski with, not necessarily together. wink
snow conditions
moon wrote:

I just love it!

That's about nailed it on the head I think snowHead
Quote:

Let me know what you think?
You'll do just fine Wink
Quote:

So is there any room for us?
Certainly.
snow conditions
alex_heney wrote:

Mine has always ben concerned about the fact that I would be alone when I go skiing, so was very pleased this year when I mentioned I was going to meet up with people from here in Neiderau.

Now I see why! wink

Mom was really concerned I'm going with a bunch of strangers. But my mate was more worry about my skiing alone, so strangers are ok.
ski holidays
Quote:

you'll both find a suitable group to ski with, not necessarily together

Yet again though, the groups seem to mix and mingle and rejig themselves as they go too (or as Kramer leaves them strewn behind him).

We tend to have certain 'known' points of coalescence around the resort, so people tend towards them at certain times of the day and can always find someone to sit with, drink with, chat with or of course ski with.
ski holidays
Over the week we all tend to get know who's who, although at the beginning, it can help if there's a fair bit of snowHeads regalia on display to help ID each other on the hill (or in the bar).
ski holidays
sounds good ~ thanks Admin ~
Kramer, wiil get on with all the flights/paying ect. tomorrow as Im off work ---- snowHead
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, just book it - you'll love it !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy