Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I dreadful? - An embarassing tale

Poster: A snowHead
AxsMan, Have you seen this thread? http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=24590&highlight=
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent thread. My favourite extracts:

"We did Spanky's on our last day..."
"We did it twice with our Ski Esprit group"
"Once you get to the bottom and look back up ...." Shocked
"The hairiest bit of spanky's is getting up... " Shocked Shocked

Didn't realise this was such a broad minded forum, someone pass me that riding crop Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AxsMan,
Quote:

You know who to call

Ghost busters? Can supply the riding crop by the way - or would Sir prefer the lunging whip Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bev bish, Me too.....can also do long black boots and skin tight white jodhpurs if anyones taken with the idea Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a quick comment - sadly serious - to say I think there is a big difference between large and small resorts in general and Switzerland and France in particular. Theft (of anything) is a very rare occurrence in Switzlerland, so rare that it's not even worth thinking about, hence rungsp's experience with the bike in Verbier. Theft in France seems to be very common, whether it's gangs going round resorts with vans or just someone takiong a fancy to a flash pair of skis. Smaller resorts in France may not experience the same problem but the mega resorts I suspect are rich pickings for professional and opportunist thieves alike. We always lock our skis in France and our instructor in Val also said "better make sure you lock up those poles too, someone will have them". In Switzerland we would never dream (as yet) of locking our skis - in fact it would only draw attention to them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, ooo suits you Sir!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bev bish, Megamum, do you do Nazi insignia?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bev bish, Megamum, Lunging whips? black boots? jodhpurs!! er, excuse me ladies, just need a quick cold shower, my hands are trembling Shocked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eng_ch, That's worth noting, thanks. I've been interested in the comments about ski locks as well and the fact that they are inexpensive. Someone made the comment that it is your responsibility to take care of hire gear as well - they were right. If they are sufficiently inexpensive it might be worth me getting one - at least if I knew mine were locked then I'd know a pair that were unlocked couldn't be mine. I've just looked on google to see if I could find out how they worked, but they just looked like a cable lock - which part of the skis do they pass through please? Anyone got a piccy (or link) of one in use.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bev bish, Megamum, eng_ch, laundryman, get a room please! Or at least start another thread S&M Skiing perhaps?

Oh and Megamum,
Quote:

can also do long black boots and skin tight white jodhpurs

Please post pictures!!!!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris, Like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jilly-Coopers-Riders-Michael-Praed/dp/B0001M1K92?tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris, Hey, don't leave me out of that room. I'd at least like to watch Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, It may be easier just to put one of those velcro band things around them. Would not stop theft but at least you would know which ones were yours. We take ours every year, but always seem to leave them in the suitcases. After reading all this, will definitely make more of an effort next year!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, I have one like this: http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/P/Manbi-MICRO-PEBBLE-Ski-Lock(3111).aspx bought it in resort for 6 or 10 quid.

you just loop it round up to two sets of skis, passing the cable through the bindings and preferably (but not essentially) round an immovable object.

OR

you can tie it round the wrists of your 'victim' before stretching them out across the four poster... Toofy Grin

<Nurse! Nurse! pass the sedatives, he's gone again>
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AxsMan, sorry posted before saw your comment.

After the pictures I'll be joining you in the shower Shocked
ski holidays
Christina1, mmmmmmm velcro mmmmmmmm Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Boris, er, would you like to rephrase that Shocked , I'm sure you're very nice, but I don't really bat for that team Shocked Laughing
snow report
where's the soap? Or is that the 2 nuns in a bath joke?

You'll be safe, I mean I'm married, with kids and its not like I went to an all boys school or anything............ oh hang on a minute I did Twisted Evil
snow report
Quickly adds, in case Mrs Boris is reading, I am of course joking. I can explain the incident on Clapham Common
snow conditions
Megamum wrote:
eng_ch, That's worth noting, thanks. I've been interested in the comments about ski locks as well and the fact that they are inexpensive. Someone made the comment that it is your responsibility to take care of hire gear as well - they were right. If they are sufficiently inexpensive it might be worth me getting one - at least if I knew mine were locked then I'd know a pair that were unlocked couldn't be mine. I've just looked on google to see if I could find out how they worked, but they just looked like a cable lock - which part of the skis do they pass through please? Anyone got a piccy (or link) of one in use.

They don't pass through the skis, they loop around them.

If you loop the cable reasonably tightly around the narrow point of the skis (ideally around the underfoot part of the bindings), then it will be difficult for a deliberate theif to get them out, particularly without being very obvious about it.

And any lock at all around them will be sufficient to stop the mistaken taking of the wonrg skis.

Personally, I use a lock designed as a cycle lock, http://www.masterlock.com/cgi-bin/product_detail.pl?dir=/cgi-bin/prod_search.pl?product_number=8143&numbersearch.x=10&numbersearch.y=9&sub_cat_id=D8143&template=app

I can't remember where I bought it, but I know I only paid £3.99 for it, a couple of years ago.
ski holidays
Boris, Well I did sleep with 12 men twice a week for 10 years. But I've put that behind me now. Toofy Grin
latest report
AxsMan, you realise some people are still trying to talk about ski locks - how weird?
snow report
alex_heney wrote:
They don't pass through the skis, they loop around them.

Well mine loop through them - through the bindings. Have your poles hanging down inbetween and tighten the chain. Bobs your uncle Toofy Grin I can chain up about 3 pairs of skis together like this
snow conditions
Boris, Obsessives! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
AxsMan, Spanking, caning, and now chains Very Happy snowHead
snow report
AxsMan, Well I guess there are alternative uses for the locks when not in use......!!
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Yes just look what YOU started! Laughing

(Ok maybe I did mention birching, a bit, well maybe twice, and bondage, Embarassed )
snow conditions
Can I request that the title of the thread be edited to: "Am I dreadful? - An embarassing S&M tale"
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, I thought cathy, was really getting into the spirit with

"Well mine loop through them - through the bindings. Have your poles hanging down inbetween and tighten the chain" mmmmmm gimme pain! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, AxsMan, And to think that Chris Bish thought that there were only connections between skiing and poetry Toofy Grin
snow report
Megamum,

for taking someone else's skis - Very Happy
for giving them back - Evil or Very Mad
latest report
I wondered when you'd show up Tea Leaf Very Happy
snow report
AxsMan wrote:
Megamum, I have one like this: http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/P/Manbi-MICRO-PEBBLE-Ski-Lock(3111).aspx bought it in resort for 6 or 10 quid.

you just loop it round up to two sets of skis, passing the cable through the bindings and preferably (but not essentially) round an immovable object.

OR

you can tie it round the wrists of your 'victim' before stretching them out across the four poster...

Thanks for that link! I've just ordered one. (For the skis, I hasten to add Shocked ).
snow conditions
maggi,
Quote:

(For the skis, I hasten to add ).

You disappoint me! Toofy Grin
snow report
It's my fault - I said "you must be punished" - and then I don't even get invited to watch...
snow conditions
maggi, I'm with bev bish - thought you'd need it to stop anyone nicking your air guitar Wink Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Spring is in the air today, sap is certainly rising... wink
ski holidays
martski, So long as it's only the sap! Shocked
snow report
maggi, Very wise. For 'Playtime' these are better anyway Twisted Evil .

(Or so Frosty tells me.) Little Angel Laughing
snow conditions
I've just invested in one of these, for my new babies

http://www.pro-streetcycles.com/acatalog/Safeman_Cable_Lock.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy