Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Foot angles..?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I did my last day of the season on the slopes on Thursday in Andorra. Sad
I had hired the boards in Toulouse the day before for me and the wife.
The boards were a godsend in that the bindings angles were adjustables by just pulling on some tongue/lever in their center...
I played with angles most of the day very easily and found that I am a +15/0 kind of guy!! Smile
The wife had never set foot on a snowboard before struggled most of the morning and suddenly got on quite well when she "ducked" her bindings!!!
I imagine those "adjustable" bindings are not very good as a long term thing but they were ideal to find our ideal stance...
Next time I hire equipment or finally buy my own one, I'll know what settings I want! Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kruisler, those bindings are good for trying out different angles, I hired some once but they tended to change their angle all by themselves Sad so they must suffer wear and tear quite easily. I still tweak things now, mainly width between bindings and how far back bindings should be. My Flows are quite easy to adjust but it does mean carrying a tool and loosening four screws Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
starting this up again

most people here have a duck stance, but I was having a good look at boarder set-up on my last trip and the vast majority had a +, + foot angle (nearly 8 out of 10), I was playing around with my setting and found +27 +6 quite interesting and surprisingly comfortable and really helped with getting pressure to the front of the board (I was mainly just piste riding etc.). Anyone going to play around with their setting this season or are you all happy. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, ++ is the true path.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have no idea what i ride. i just stand on the board in my slightly ducky stance and the BF sorts out the rest Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
never ridden ++ ... started on hire boards with 15-or18ish and 0, and then ducked out season before last and found it a lot more natural than back foot on zero.

current set up's +15 -6 and seems to work fine - but might well try ++ at some point this year if such senseis as you two recommend it....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snojito, it's not rreally but it gives me an excuse for being crap at riding switch.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swirly, or an excuse not to even try Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I started out +15/0, but then during a Snowdome trip adjusted to +15/-6, and it was a definite improvement. Will be trying +15/-12 on day 1 of my ValT trip...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shallimus, deviant.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 21-12-07 17:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I do not think I get enough pressure/weight forward and use too much back foot pressure on heel turns so changing to +27/+6 helped get forward pressure, but I may change back to +/- to see if it has remidied anything because I would like to be able to ride switch back and forth with seamless ease, but maybe I am just dreaming Sad Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I dropped down last week to +15 -9 and it's great, I ride much better now, and I was incredible before Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops wrote:
I do not think I get enough pressure/weight forward and use too much back foot pressure on heel turns so changing to +27/+6 helped get forward pressure,

oh god, next is hard boots and a race board Sad NehNeh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stab Watching boarding on TV and then some skiing comes on now there is some bird doing excercises, Chemmy someone? wink

Anyway I was practicing carving and speed on the last trip, but I think I may ultimately try to go +15, -15 and get a non-directional board NehNeh and show you up in the park NehNeh
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops, is that gauntlet being laid down there wink
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, more likely me being laid down there ..... laid down to rest i think. Thought I was in the 'abuse' thread for a minute Very Happy
ski holidays
+12 / -12 at the moment. I'm a recent convert to 'quack quack'.

I recall an instructor mentioning that the combined numbers shouldn't be more than 30 (ignoring the + or - element) from a bio mechanical viewpoint. Anyone else heard this ?
snow conditions
david@mediacopy, never heard that before and from an alpine boarders point of view it would be utter cock.
latest report
Makes some sense to me, actually. Ignoring alpine/extreme carving, there aren't many people who do have >30 ignoring +/-...
snow conditions
I haven't a clue what you lot are wittering on about NehNeh
ski holidays
Shallimus, checking the replies on here there's a few , some duck some not, that total over 30 and that's only a small sample size. I imagine a lot of freestyle riders have something around +15/-15 +/- 5 each way, that certainly seems the "in" set up in my experience. In fact I might give in to the pressure and check it out this year as my set up made it easier to learn, now I passed that I should probably have another play I just can't ever be bothered!
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow, isn't that always the case?
latest report
Swirly, yep !!! i am as dense as they come, i believe anything anyone tells me...
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, all polar bears are left-handed.

Oh, and dogs can't look up.
ski holidays
snojito, OMG is that true Shocked I swear I saw a polar bear in the pub the other day holding his beer in his right hand wink
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, Laughing Laughing he was probably playing a drinking game. Was he pointing with his elbow as well? Or did any of his fellow drinkers have their right thumbs on the table?
snow report
snojito, Don't remember that.. but they were all wearing rubgy shirts, stockings and suspenders !
snow report
snojito wrote:
DebbiDoesSnow, Laughing Laughing he was probably playing a drinking game. Was he pointing with his elbow as well? Or did any of his fellow drinkers have their right thumbs on the table?

Quote:
snojito, Don't remember that.. but they were all wearing rubgy shirts, stockings and suspenders !

Shocked Flashback! Shocked

Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kruisler, any photos ??? Laughing
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow,

Thank God no! Little Angel Laughing
ski holidays
Swirly wrote:
Shallimus, checking the replies on here there's a few , some duck some not, that total over 30 and that's only a small sample size. I imagine a lot of freestyle riders have something around +15/-15 +/- 5 each way, that certainly seems the "in" set up in my experience. In fact I might give in to the pressure and check it out this year as my set up made it easier to learn, now I passed that I should probably have another play I just can't ever be bothered!

Ah. Not many pros seem to, though, which is what I should have said. Now I've said this I'm sure many people will be able to come up with many examples... I think I saw a guy in Method magazine who had +18/-18, but most freestyle people seem to do +15/-15. Much more angle than that seems to me like it would just be a swift route to a nasty knee injury, but that's just my perspective...

PS drinking games - the great leveller! Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy