Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EOSB wishes

Poster: A snowHead
Kramer, got it.

I'm happy to give some pointers on the pipe and jumps (subject to easiski's assignments for me!), but would not be the person to demonstrate rails or boxes (I like my skis too much!).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Actually let's forget the rails, I saw someone really hurt himself on one last week. But it was very funny. Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Phew, u had me worried there for a bit Kramer Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I need a few pointers for the jumps. Drop in landings have me snowballing too. In fact anytime I leave the ground really rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarpa, hmmm... that'd be fun! snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski wrote:
kiwi1, that would be a 1-1 updating lesson then would it? make sure you click the right buttons when the form comes out. Very Happy

Cool. I shall start pressing buttings as soon as the forms out.

If you or ssh need any gear ie lessons with twin tips let me know so I can make sure demo stuff is kept back.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kiwi1, Are you bringing some shorter ski's for the vertically challenged, e.g. around 150cms?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Linds, you're never 150cms? Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Linds, The Icelantic sizesz are:

Scout and Scout soft 143cm (105waist)
Pilgrim 151 and 169 (90waist)
Nomad 156 and 168 (105waist)
Shaman 161 and 173 (110waist)
They're all twins and designed to be skied short and fat. I'm sure there will be plenty there for you to demo.

The High society skis I'm bringing are:
FRs in 179 (90waist) and 187 (104waist) and a classic (centre mounted bamboo core) in 180 with a 92waist.

I'll also have a range of HSFC and Venture snowboards.

Titicaca will also be joining me with a range of demos http://www.titicaca.ch/flashsite/main.html
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kiwi1, Can I bag the 169 pilgrims for when I do an off piste clinic?? 90 is plenty wide enough for me (My Zags are 7Cool. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, no worries. I have 2 pairs of 169 pilgrams. It'd be worth trying the nomads also.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'll definitely be up for trying any of them. Funny that they are made about 40 miles from my house, but I'll ski them for the first time in France! Laughing

The Pilgrims will probably be great for the conditions we're likely to have in the mornings there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah. An Evergreen lad. (or 40miles from it)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kiwi1, yep. I live just outside Boulder, CO. I drive past Evergreen on every trip to the mountains (I work part time at Copper Mountain).

...and I love trying new gear! snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nice. The Venture, HSFC and Icelantic guys have been telling me all season how nice the snows been appart from wetter than normal.

Looking forward to meeting ya Steve.
ski holidays
kiwi1, I hope to book Caveman onto off piste clinic (he still dosnt know he's going on the EOSB yet) he wears 160 ski's on Piste , do I need to book him some O.P ski's? He is a fairly good skier Puzzled but has not ventured off piste yet.
Its getting harder and harder to keep this trip as a suprise Toofy Grin Thanks
snow report
moon, Gidday. No need to book yet.
Once we get there and I get the clinic times from ssh and easiski, I'll be able to let every body who wants to try the demos know where, when and how they can be booked.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 29-03-07 19:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
moon, He may be better to stay with what he knows for a first foray! don't forget to sign him up for lessons as soon as the form comes out. Very Happy
snow report
easiski, Ok thanks for that. Will do form when I see it ?? kiwi1, Thanks for the info , see ya there Little Angel
snow conditions
moon, what kind are his current 160s?
ski holidays
ssh, a Titicaca Bouton Rouge review in 181cm?
latest report
kiwi1, I'll be after some twins - currently ski 170's. Mmmm - can't wait.
latest report
comprex wrote:
ssh, a Titicaca Bouton Rouge review in 181cm?
Whatever kiwi1 suggests I'm up for trying!
snow conditions
Madeye-Smiley

And remember to ski like Phil not like you for a few of the review runs?
Excellent. (rubs hands together because the snowHeads smiley is a bit too eerie just now).
latest report
comprex, you know that I usually do a bit of feathering when I'm doing my reviews... wink Twisted Evil
ski holidays
moon wrote:
kiwi1, I hope to book Caveman onto off piste clinic (he still dosnt know he's going on the EoSB yet) he wears 160 ski's on Piste , do I need to book him some O.P ski's? He is a fairly good skier Puzzled but has not ventured off piste yet.
Its getting harder and harder to keep this trip as a suprise Toofy Grin Thanks
And boy oh boy will it be a surprise Laughing
ski holidays
Scarpa wrote:
kiwi1, I'll be after some twins - currently ski 170's. Mmmm - can't wait.

For you my fellow kiwi, you can try my very own Titicaca Solo crea Pros. 193 long with a 95waist. Stiff and fast as hell ski. Sort of ski you like back home on Ruapehu when you doing a crater to base run and the volcanoes got that blue look to it from the ice.

Anyone is welcome to try whatever I have on demo.
snow report
ssh, They are K2 Apache strykers, I crawled around in the loft for that info!!!!!!!
Frosty the Snowman, Im gonna have to tell him soon , I keep getting in a muddle and let things slip ,also I keep having to infiltrate his E-mail to delete that 'Bosh Managment ' messager stuff before he spots it ,I spect he would think itd be something to do with our washing machine and ignor it anyway. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I spect he would think itd be something to do with our washing machine and ignor it anyway.

Laughing Laughing A great effort, hope you can keep the secret a bit longer
snow report
And what a fantastic gift eh. Nice one moon.
ski holidays
moon wrote:
ssh, They are K2 Apache strykers, I crawled around in the loft for that info!!!!!!!
In that case, get him on some demos. They'll help him improve...
ski holidays
ssh, If he's doing off piste lesson for the first time I don't think going to a fat if he's never skied one before is helpful. You a) need to learn how to do it properly and b) need to be able to predict what your ski is going to do! Shocked
ski holidays
easiski, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you think of the nomads. Even though they are 105mm under foot, because of their length (156 or 168cm) amd cut they are very manuverable. Like you I think its a good idea to find a groomed piste where the snows had a chance to soften up just to get used to them before really taking them off piste.
snow report
kiwi1, I'll be very interested. My friend here has tried your skis and says they're quite stiff, so perhaps I should thing of the shorter ones (I'm 165 tall). the last fats I tried were OK but I was gutted that they didn't float over everything! Shocked In fact they didn't float any better than my Zags - but I do love to try skis out, and I hardly get any chance with working all the time. Sad
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
ssh, If he's doing off piste lesson for the first time I don't think going to a fat if he's never skied one before is helpful. You a) need to learn how to do it properly and b) need to be able to predict what your ski is going to do! Shocked
Really? I find the opposite. Especially with those Apaches being pretty narrow, the fats would be more predictable and more likely to motor over irregularities in the snow surface. But, it certainly depends on how much skill he has developed and his comfort level.
snow conditions
ssh, as just a simple skier I rather agree with easiski: if you can't do it in the first place then Fats are no help.
A group of us - similar abilities - went on an off piste session in deep snow earlier this week.
Some took Fat skis, some stuck to what they were using already.
There was no noticeable advantage to those wearing Fats.
We all floundered around a lot of the time.
(I was on crossmatch somethings, and clearly the worst - but i did make some BIG craters snowHead )
latest report
That's not the way to put it, Jonpim.

It's known as 'leaving a good impression with the locals'.
snow report
easiski wrote:
kiwi1, I'll be very interested. My friend here has tried your skis and says they're quite stiff, so perhaps I should thing of the shorter ones (I'm 165 tall). the last fats I tried were OK but I was gutted that they didn't float over everything! Shocked In fact they didn't float any better than my Zags - but I do love to try skis out, and I hardly get any chance with working all the time. Sad

The 156 nomads for you I reckon but it'd be worth trying them both to compare. Yup they are stiffer than a normal twin but as such handle the piste a lot better than many other fat twins.
snow conditions
ssh, For off piste lessons, I believe in teaching peeps how to ski off piste, how to handle the conditions. therefore a fat ski that does it for you is no help. I'm not against fat skis, you understand, but a lesson is a lesson - for learning how to do something (or do it better), and a cheat is a cheat. NO OFFENCE TO FAT SKI LOVERS.
snow report
Er so for the EoSB is there a group of people after a guide/instructor for some offpiste adventures? Or will all this sort of thing be worked out when we get there? Do I need to sort something before and if so is anyone interested or know what the rates are likely to be?

PS K2 pontoons - very very floaty snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy