Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EOSB wishes

Poster: A snowHead
So, let's say that you're going to the EOSB. Let's say that you'll have an opportunity to ski with a yank who may have some ability to provide you some insights into your skiing. What would you like to see come of that time together?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssh, better technique, thus greater ski enjoyment, what else? My target for the week will be my first black run...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Yank falling flat on his face whilst demonstrating an easy exercise.

Caveats: No one gets hurt, doesnt have to be a Yank as Ewan would do, we get it on video.

EDIT: As the above is highly unlikely I would be happy just to see how instruction differs inThe US of A from the instruction I have already had.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
TallTone wrote:
ssh, better technique, thus greater ski enjoyment, what else? My target for the week will be my first black run...
What's "better" for you? This is the fundamental question, isn't it? If it went perfectly, what would you experience differently?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
The Yank falling flat on his face whilst demonstrating an easy exercise.

Caveats: No one gets hurt, doesnt have to be a Yank as Ewan would do, we get it on video.

EDIT: As the above is highly unlikely I would be happy just to see how instruction differs inThe US of A from the instruction I have already had.
I reckon I can oblige! Anything for a laugh! Laughing snowHead

Hopefully, good skiing is good skiing. I'll be interested, too. Cool snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ssh, 97% of your skiing is good! Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
ssh, 97% of your skiing is good! Wink
Some days, I don't suck... Laughing snowHead

I demonstrated managing pressure in the bumps during the clinic on Friday...

...by not managing it as well as I needed to and stepping out of one of my skis! Laughing snowHead

But, that did show those in the clinic some things about both pressure management and the fact that all of us are always learning and growing in our skiing. I know I am. And I have a long way to go. Nothing like skiing with some of the top skiers/teachers in the country to remind me of that!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ssh, an improved ability to stay on the planks and in control? The EoSB this year will only be my fourth week on the white stuff. Last year was only my second, but Euan did wonders and I got on that targetted red run by the third day Smile

Actually, given the usual conditions I have (i.e. fridge), then a clinic on control on ice would be good...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TallTone, mmm, control on ice - I could do with that too. Though hopefully we won't have any ice, or slush, just perfect spring snow snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
TallTone, RachelQ, PSB next year??? Naw - normally no ice at PSB - we just had an aberration. Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would like learn how to do inverted jumps in the park please. Little Angel
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ssh, errggh , how about you and easiski, not getting into a heated one Twisted Evil Could you teach me to open my eyes?

Then again we know that you have the balls to come over here and lay out your wares ;;; methinks you will enoy as much as we will ... but DO bring your own keyboard Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would like to watch Kramer, Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, i will demonstrate inverted landings Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer wrote:
I would like learn how to do inverted jumps in the park please. Little Angel
No problem. Of course, landing them is often difficult. Laughing I believe that the best coaches don't need to actually demonstrate, btw. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Agenterre wrote:
ssh, errggh , how about you and easiski, not getting into a heated one Twisted Evil Could you teach me to open my eyes?

Then again we know that you have the balls to come over here and lay out your wares ;;; methinks you will enoy as much as we will ... but DO bring your own keyboard Toofy Grin
easiski has it all over me. I'm just there to help out. What she says goes.

I'll just do my best to help folks to have fun. That's what it's all about for me. The smiles. And the adventure. The entire thing will be a grand adventure for me! snowHead Cool
latest report
easiski wrote:
TallTone, RachelQ, PSB next year??? Naw - normally no ice at PSB - we just had an aberration. Shocked
Well thankfully so - for two seasons I've been trying to talk Whitenoise into trying the technique he 'discovered' on the 3rd or 4th day there. And as a result he was as happy as a little kid on a fairground ride. There's no way that would have happenned if we'd had loads of new snow getting in our way Wink
snow conditions
Oooh how I wish I could be there to lend the canuck viewpoint too NehNeh
snow conditions
veeeight wrote:
Oooh how I wish I could be there to lend the canuck viewpoint too NehNeh
What's keepin' ya? I know that I could learn a lot from you!
latest report
ssh, He stays in Canada too long!!!
ski holidays
Indeed, I won't be back in the UK until at least May!!! This year Blackcomb mountain is open for skiing until end 1st week of June!
latest report
They don't give you time off, eh, veeeight? Sorry, friend...
latest report
ssh, I would like to improve my technique (very stiff ) my last ski instructer said' iv got 3 weeks experience and as much as i would like to complete my first black run i think i would rather ski down an easier red with some tehnique than get down a black any way i can.
Looking forward to meeting you and all the snowHead s for a great week and if my technique improves that would be evan better Very Happy
latest report
If no one objects, I will demonstrate being inverted in the bar most nights Wink
latest report
marlin, You'll need to book for lessons as soon as admin creates a form for it. Very Happy

the choices will be group (not more than 6 together) or private 1-1 or 2-1. We'll also have off piste and mogul clincs at different levels, but there won't be anything sorted until after the current hols (end Feb). Very Happy
snow report
I really, really would like to be able to link more moguls at higher speed (without taking off and inverting) Shocked
snow conditions
Scarpa, I'm sure that you'll get a good opportunity at that.

marlin, I tend to avoid judging anything by the rating of a slope that one "gets down," but rather the skills that one develops and learns to use appropriately to enjoy the day the most. No "right" or "wrong" skiing for me!

Agenterre, I'll have my own keyboard, for sure. I'll be putting the finishing touches on the book as it goes to the publisher on the 15th of May. snowHead

How about as we've gotten closer? How do you anticipate improving your skiing? What has been "successful" for you in the past? What about at the EOSB?
snow report
ssh, still up for that ice control session. Definitely want to tackle that first full black run, but that will probably come as a result of increased confidence and honed general technique. I understand that the colour grading is simply a guide and conditions alter things - I've probably skiied black-equivalent already Wink But I would like to be able to include the whole piste map in my consideration of the domain for a holiday snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ssh,

making smaller turns, narrower turns (meaning not using the full width of a 60mtr piste before I turn), have a go at moguls - generally improve technique and understand some of the tecchie stuff.
latest report
ssh, I would be interested in general technique brush up; been several years since I last did any lessons, so I'm sure I will have dropped into bad habits that need pointing out and rectifying.

Depending on conditions I would also like to get some instruction in mogul technique or soem introductory level off-piste technique.

Not asking for a lot am I?? wink

Jon.
snow conditions
I'd wish to be able to reienforce Anglo-Disney Relations and enable an open dialogue in a BALENCED manor. Toofy Grin
snow report
ssh, Just want to get down a blue with some sort of confidence and to stop feeling s**t scared all the time. Also as holidayloverxx,says (meaning not using the full width of a 60mtr piste before I turn), shorter ,tighter turns. Looking forward to meeting you and Easyski and the rest of you snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
how about lessons on how to decypher piste maps?

moon, i found a few drinks gave me no end of confidence wink

the EOSB will be my 4th week so any help on technique would be great.
latest report
taratibu2, dont worry about the piste maps, there will be some males you can follow Twisted Evil

lessons lessons lessons Smile
snow conditions
yeah but men get lost because they wont ask directions Very Happy
ski holidays
taratibu2, Surely you mean the man will take you to the intended destination all along, as opposed to where you thought you were heading...?
latest report
Guvnor, of course thats exactly what i meant LOL Very Happy

got to be careful what i say, i think i could be skiing on thin ice here Little Angel
snow conditions
taratibu2, Hip flask it is then , Grand Marnier or Rum? I'll let you have a swig Little Angel
snow report
moon, thats nice of you. i'm not fussy. think i might get one of them.

home time for me. bye Very Happy
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
taratibu2, dont worry about the piste maps, there will be some males you can follow Twisted Evil

Don't listen to him, you'll either end up down a black or in the pub!! Ok, maybe only half listen to him... Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy