Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help - desperately needed with Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks Trevor I have looked at this but no nightlife at all and I am taking a 21 and 19 year old!
They wont need clubs but will want a lively bar

I appreciate your suggestion though
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try the Ski Welt area - Soll in particular.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Hayls thats next then!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
minicat,

Are you hiring a car for the duration because that would negate being less central to a degree.
Most hotels want 7 days stays and becaseu they can get it, that might be why you are having a few problems. Out of town BnB's
are less picky. You can use post buses very easily and get taxis at night. Soll will be very lively, as will Saalbach, Zell am Zell, Schladming
and Kitzbuhel. All are pretty low at around 1000m but should be ok ski-wise at the time you are going.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi
No not bothering with a car if I can help it - may have no choice at this rate though!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi
Good news at last!!

Been offered a chalet in Lofer, can anyone fill me in about bars restaurants things to do etc please. Worried whether it is very quiet but otherwise seems a great deal

I appreciate all your help very much, thanks! Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
minicat, snowHead

Not skied at Lofer (I filled up with pertrol there!!), but I'm sure you'll be fine. I wouldn't expect the wildest apres-ski there.....but you never know!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
did you see any signs of life when you got your petrol??
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There were a few people around. The chap in the petrol station was very friendly snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
doesn,t sound a great place if your 19 & 21 like my two kids!! oh what a shame great accomodation as well Crying or Very sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It was 9 o'clock in the morning when I passed through!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
minicat, far be it from me, etc, etc, but for 3 nights, surely 1 (decent) bar and 1 (decent) restaurant will do, at a pinch. If the 19 & 21 yos don't like the sound of it, leave them behind!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 16-01-07 22:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
well maybe everone partied hard the night before! Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond
i cant its supposed to be a break to celebrate son's 21st!! 1 bar will last him 1/2 hr!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
minicat, Glad to see you have found somewhere at last.I'v been following your search all week.
O.k. Loafer is a very picturesque village. perfect for beginners. Lofer is the home of the "British Olympic Ski Team" where they have a training camp. Dont wory about bars for the boys, I can think of 4 off the top of my head.(Austrian style apres ski) And lots of snow due in the next few days (I hope) Very Happy Smile Little Angel snowHead
ski holidays
Thanks Byron just obviously worried that they would be disappointed in the evening but as long as some young(ish) company around they will be ok, do you know what the restaurants/snack bars are like please
thanks for following my dilemma!
Lady who owns chalet suggest bus transfer does anyone know if that is better than a taxi?
latest report
Not sure if bus is better, but it will probably be cheaper??

Anyway, I wouldn;t worry about the apres ski. If they have enought energy to go to a bar, thenthey haven't been skiing hard enough wink
snow report
true! Just rang my son and he said it sounds great, is there anything for non skiers having never been before don,t know if my daughter and me will get on with it!
ski holidays
forgot to ask - dumb blonde question - what is typical austrian apres ski please Puzzled
latest report
minicat, I'v always had a car with me , so been to Lofer a few times. Nice place in the summer also.Elizabeth B, I'm off to Zell this Sunday, Im there till April 3rd. I'll look out for your 80 kids and say hello. snowHead
snow report
Byron Gates, lookm forward to it snowHead

minicat, traditional Austrian apres ski is to come off the slopes, go straight to a bar (or go to a bar part way up the slope) and drink/dance/party/drink some more/dance on table/get noisy/sing/drink/stagger home in the early hours/change out of ski gear/crash on couch/get up and ski!!!
ski holidays
son will only need one bar then!
snow conditions
minicat,

The chalet should have a few tips on where the apre starts; sometimes in austria this can be as early as mid-afternoon, people dance and drink in the oompah band bars with the really really naff Euro musak..but after a few beers, its great. You then ski down half-cut, have a shower, and start again in another bar. Sometimes, you miss dinner and end up on the tables and then under them, in your ski boots still ....having only just found your way off the slopes....its the typical Austrian way..
ski holidays
The chalet owners didn't know anything about bars or restaurants thats why I was worrying whether it is a ghost town - looked at web cams at 10.30pm and it was all deserted!
I like the sound of apres ski but don't want to catch a bus to find it Laughing
snow conditions
minicat, some of the best apres ski I've experienced in Austria is in Soll. It starts at 3.30pm and doesn't finish until 5am and it won't break the bank to drink all night either.

Admittedly, I've only passed through Lofer a few times and it was usually mid-late afternoon but it seemed pretty quiet.
snow report
http://www.ski-lofer.at/en/winter/index.asp
snow report
Just wanted to say all booked now for lofer - very relieved - Thanks very much for all your help and suggestions - I would have given up without it Smile
snow report
minicat, we look forward to a full report upon your return
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy