Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Andorra or the lack of???

Poster: A snowHead
Wetterzentrale are predicting an interesting situation on 5th Feb at present. A low pressure over the bay of Biscay pulling cold air from the north and a low pressure over Corsica pulling moist air up and round to meet the cold.

Obvioulsy this will change before then - but I hope it doesnt !!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smokin Joe wrote:
Wetterzentrale are predicting an interesting situation on 5th Feb at present. A low pressure over the bay of Biscay pulling cold air from the north and a low pressure over Corsica pulling moist air up and round to meet the cold.

What does this mean???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dj_colinbell wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:

What does this mean???

snow wink ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I will post from andorra tomoz. Will be leaving for airort in about 5 hours.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Neil, Fingers vrossed for you and everyone else -- and espec. those whose livings depend on it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
shall be out in pas about 9pm tomorrow, so will get some reports posted too!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
coolio

see you out there fil, where you staying?

im off to the airport. seeya everyone!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
catsby hotel, and outside of it, going by last year was an unsecure wifi conection, that if you sit at the window in the bar next door you could just about use!

so hopefully ill beable to post a few reports and pics,
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi folks. finally sorted out our first ever ski trip (thanks to all whom replied in my long advice thread) for Arinsal in Andorra. Its for 4th Feb and I am hoping these snow reports will continue to improve. Half-Board for £234pp from Thompsons seemed good value (plus £144pp for Beginner's pack inc pass, lessons and equipment).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cersei, excellent deal do you know where are you staying? we stayed in Arinsal about 3 years ago got a last minute deal Half Board for about £199 we stayed in a family run place it was excellent value. I hope it snows firstly as i will be in Soldeu the same week and secondly as its your first week, fingers crossed for you snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Snowbird. Palarine Hotel is name of place I think. Hopefully it will be good. Will report back to you all snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hey guys just got back from pas and we had 3 days good snowfall. plenty of cannoned snow about 50% of runs open and the link to soldeu is still closed grrrr but a good time was had and there is a stir about more snowfall this coming week.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
b3lty, thanks for the update. Nade is due back todays as well - hopefully she'll update for Arinsal. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was HORRIFIED to have to ski on beautiful powdery snow for all but two of my days of holiday after promises of grass skiing! Full update to follow soon!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee, Waiting eagerly for report, my daughter is going to Arinsal on thursday BA permitting.
ski holidays
got back late last night, no injurys, in our party, well i have a slightly sore wrist from the boarding on friday 1st time!,

went to souldu on saturday, via free bus! plently of ice covered blues open, well it does get quite low there.

will get a few pictures up in the other theard
snow report
Had a lovely time- although I admit on driving through Pas and Soldeu on the way there the whole coach was silent as the snow cover was hmmm how do I put it- limited? The whole journey up to Arinsal was green and I started to panic a bit but Landlady Carol was confident of snow overnight! Woke up on monday morning and went up to green mountains with a few snowcannoned slopes - heart sank but I thought oh well we can have a laugh anyway!

THEN IT STARTED SNOWING! and it didnt stop until thursday! Tuesday morning we woke up to snow all down the valley and in the village- blue skies, although it started snowing again by 12. Wednesday - more snow and high winds! THursday, Friday and Saturday - GORGEOUS!

Have to say I think we were lucky with the snow and may have had the best week this season ( I hope so far not just of the season!)

I love Arinsal, the instructors, the workers the people are so fun and friendly. I had a wicked time! Will post photos as soon as! including pics of my lovely new board!
snow conditions
As far as I can tell it looks like there is a good chance of snow next week...not much happening this week though.
snow report
Back from el tarter/soldeu. Snow on Monday night transformed the place, but they do need a lot more to open the steeper runs. Very icy in places. Cannons running most of day/and all night in various areas, including outside our apartement. Still quite a few stones lying about but my skis don't look as bad as i thought they would, but really do need sharp edges. Link to pas still closed and looks like will be until they get more snow. Snow in Pas in better condition and they have more steeper stuff open.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, great reassuring story! Am looking forward to my virgin trip this weekend in Arinsal!
latest report
Has anyone seen this?

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_243_ens.png

Looks like some very heavy snow mid Feb, but shouldn't get too excited, still a long way off
snow conditions
cersei, For muchies after your hard day you get Free Toasties in El Cau ( I recomend Banana) and chilli nachos in Ciscos with every drink you buy. You'll have a great time- where are you staying?
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, thanks for the tip! Palarine Hotel is where we are booked. Eveything is now sorted...except have to keep praying for more snow Smile

Any other tips about Arinsal most welcomed.
latest report
lol i am out in 9 days again to pas lol i am not worried guys ! the snow is ok and could be alot worse there is snow cannons on everynight and the piste bashers are out so the main slopes are ok. Forcast snow for this week is looking good with some light to medium snow on monday tuesday
snow conditions
b3lty, which forecast do you use ?
snow report
Las fotos son there!
ski holidays
Is this snow in Andorra?

http://www.vallnord.com/webcam_arcalis.asp

I think it might be!
snow report
Yeah,..it's snowing,...all day,..and dumping tonight!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
metalhead132, great stuff!

The likes of metcheck and snow-forecast don't seem to be predicting a big bump but I trust you more snowHead
snow report
Asked elsewhere, but what's it like at the moment in Arinsal? Cheers.

Marcus
ski holidays
Marcus, It looks like it's snowing there right now...

http://www.vallnord.com/webcam_pal.asp

(well it certainly is in Pal anyway!)

Reports have been mixed but hopefully this new snow will help a little.
latest report
30-40cm overnigth are possible.

Keep your fingers crossed.
latest report
metalhead132, I have everything crossed for that!!!!
latest report
I'll have my legs crossed aswell!!! - Out on 18th to Arnisal and was getting a bit worried.
latest report
hihihi;

www.mobilitat.ad
ski holidays
Metalhead - followed the link......give us a clue! Where should I be looking!
Thanks,

S
snow conditions
snowing in Andorra now! snowHead
http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/main.aspx?lang=4&section=104&subsection=150
snow conditions
Went to Arinsal last year 5 skiers 2 boarders, had a wicked time, i cant remember what the bar is called but there is a game where you have to hit nails into a lump of wood with the thin edge of a ice axe, try it quite painful if you miss, but very amusing once youve had a few beers. Last year we found Pal very good, well worth the cable car across!
ski holidays
aaronski, Funnily enough it's called the Nail Game!!! Well that's what we call it - it's played a lot in Sweden and Denmark aswell. I always seem to be the loser and end up having to buy everyone a round
ski holidays
Now booked to go to Arinsal on the 4th March - 1st time to Andorra. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy