Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Andorra or the lack of???

Poster: A snowHead
Right starting to get worried now. i have 2 holidays to andorra coming up and there seems to be no snow, i mean other than drink what do you do on a ski holiday when there is no snow! Is anyone out there who can report back on forecasts or conditions. I fly out on the 21st and then again in mid feb?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Read into this what you will!

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_1442_ens.png

As far as I can tell it looks like there isn't much chance of snow until around the 25th! (I don't really know much about this kind of thing though to be honest!)

I've been told that you cannot really tell what is going to happen in February yet.

Lets hope it all changes for the better soon!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
b3lty, Andorra is not looking very good at the moment. I'm going mid Feb as well - that is 5 weeks away and I would be surprised if there was no decent snow fall in that period. As far as I can gather there is no snow forecast this week- after that though the forecast becomes more inaccurate, so who knows what may happen.

Fingers crossed, and good luck for your trip on the 21st.

snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well the forecast for encamp looks better for 21st jan, (snow in soldeu etc) long way off so all could change, but got to be positive somehow!

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/europe_forecast_14days.asp?locationID=3837
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
b3lty, we're going the Pas the same week as you and we're seriously looking at making backup plans and going elsewhere, if there is no new snow forecast before we go. We've set ourselves friday as a deadline. After that we'd incur some seriously hefty cancellation charges....but fingers crossed, it'll all change next week.....on Friday and Sat metcheck were forecasting some decent snowfall for this weekend, then on Sunday it all vanished...hopefully it can work the other way too!!

smudger, I can't really understand that graph, so I'm going to be blissfully ignorant and say its wrong!..haha...hopefully we'll get some snow next week Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
joydivision, that graph is looking better (colder and more precipitation) towards the end of next week. Nothing massive, but worth watching (you want the upper lines to go down and the bottom lines to go up).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yep im in the same worried boat too! 4 of us go to pas on the 21st Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm supposed to be going to El Tarter on 28th Jan for my honeymoon. I really want there to be snow - hotel is supposed to be ski in ski out but don't know if it actually will be!!

Splashed out this year as special holiday but starting to wish we hadn't. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
joydivision whts the deal if you cancel and move to a different place?first year booking so i aint to sure? there is snow forecast for when were out there judging by the reports! but tht does not mean anything
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
could you also let me know Joydivision if guys think its bad enough to cancel etc?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
b3lty, We have arranged a DIY holiday this year, so I can't say for sure what the cancellation policies for a Tour Op would be. Basically, if we cancel our minibus before Saturday we'll only be charged £15, after that, its 50% rising to 75% of the cost. Our flights with Ryanair were £55 inc baggage and snowboards, we're looking into moving them or cancelling them altogether, it depends how much we can claim back...there's something on Ryanairs Website about claiming back tax on used flights, so we'll explore that....and we won't have to pay anything for the accom as it with some mates already out there and they won't be expecting anything...

...We're going to make a final decision tomorrow night, as we don't want to be stung with the cost of the minibus, so I'll let you know...but if the current conditions don't get any better we'll be going elsewhere. Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skanky, Cheers, for the lesson....at least I sort of know what I'm looking for now!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
carroz, That forecast is talking about rain, not snow!

I've got 7 weeks until my trip to Andorra, so I'm just hoping that everything turns around in February
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kosciosco, It seems that metcheck is changing daily! One day it will predict snow, the next rain, then snow again! Guess we won't really know what's going to happen at the end of the month till much nearer the time. I am skiing in 4 and a half weeks...I have everything crossed for more snow by then!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi, virtually there is no snow in all Pyrenees!!

But the situation si going to change on Jan 20th. All people here in North of catalonia hope a change in weather patterns that carry to us the snow.

So keep the fingers crossed guys!!
ski holidays
Thanks metalhead132, can you keep us updated when the snow does eventually arrive.
latest report
Is it me or is the prospect of snow decreasing everytime I check the GFS model!

Where do you look for your information metalhead132 ?
ski holidays
GFS, ECMWF, DWD, and NAO-AO previsions.
snow conditions
I'm no expert at reading any models...is this still positive?

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_1442_ens.png

Do other models suggest anything better in the short or long term!
snow report
Where can I take a look at these ECMWF, DWD and NAO-AO prevision things!!!

Do they predict anything different to the GFS I am looking at?
snow conditions
Just been told that apparently this link shows promising things for the 24th, 25th and 26th!

http://www.wunderground.com/modelmaps/maps.asp?model=GFS&domain=EU

I have no idea what it means though! Can anyone explain...
snow report
smudger, I'm no weatherman but if you scroll along the dates at the top to Sunday 21st then go along the week it shows precipitation every day for andorra.
latest report
You click on the days listed across the top to get the forecast period (it shows that at the top of the chart). The colours are precipitation in inches (pink less -> blue green -> yellow red in increasing amounts). The blue lines are sea level pressure. If you see where you're going swathed in colour then it'll be raining or snowing there depending on temperature (which will also depend on height).
latest report
skanky, thanks.
ski holidays
smudger, Ah now thats a map I understand!!! I did Geography A Level - looks like 21st onwards is going to be the start in Andorra and precipitation will continue for almost a week - now the only problem with that map is that it doesn't tell you whether it will fall as snow or rain, but it is coming in off the Atlantic, so that should be cold, but they appear Anti-cyclonic which means that the prevailing winds will be coming from the west and south west so not sure whether that bodes well
snow conditions
kosciosco, skanky, Thankyou!

At least there is something to hope for!
latest report
i go out on the 21st Sad
its not looking good!
snow report
b3lty, au contraire. The visibility may be poor, but I reckon you'll be there as some cold and good snow hits.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Starting to sound abit better! im off on the 28th so hopefully i will have some snow waiting for me! snowHead
ski holidays
Hi there just back from Arinsal for 5 days and it was open from the ski station to the top with the snow cannons working every night to keep it ski-able.
The conditions were icy at first with good snow from 10 till 2:30/3 ish then it was getting pretty slushy in the sun but still ok in the shade.
Took a drive about and Pal looked ok as well given the temps.
Folks were saying there Arinsal was the best for conditions as its some-what in the shade and has the most water for its snow cannons.
Will try and post some pics
Nick
snow report
Ok its not as easy as right click and paste to put a picture up anyone tell me how to?
ski holidays
newbie45, think you need to go to snowMedia zone. Click on snow base- under the pic at the top and upload them from there.
snow report
newbie45, See the faq at this link http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/faq.php#24

You need to link to your pictures from your message, so your pics need to be on a server somewhere. You can load your pics to the snowMedia zone as Nadenoodlee has suggested and link to them from there. Use the [img]image url[/img]tags to link your pictures.

snowHead
snow conditions
ski holidays
newbie45, I found them on the snowMedia zone - if you click on a picture in the media zone you will see a bb code box down below, copy this code into your message and your picture will be displayed - like this:

Edited to replace with thumbnail.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 27-01-07 18:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Ahem - we are trying to encourage the use of linked thumbnails comme ca

rather than full size pics in threads wink

Thank you for your co-operation.
latest report
Looks ok to me!
latest report
Ok Ok, I'll just ski the white bits. Blush
latest report
lol its going to be fine i think lol giv or take a little snow and it will be good looking forward to the apres ski
snow conditions
b3lty, Are you going to Pas?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy