Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

welcome back, or "What was up with the site yesterday evening?"

Poster: A snowHead
welcome back to the piste snowHead

For those of you wondering what was going on towards the end of yesterday, see admin's comments here.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
notverygoodatskiing, ta very much. Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what has happened??? Shocked Skullie
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
im no computer expert,but i think it broke Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy, an 18-30 year old virgin is trying to show his masculinity by hacking the site.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 3-01-07 20:48; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well I had real problems trying to get in the front door - several moments of panic! Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've sold all the posts on Ebay so we've got to start from scratch again Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Must be the wrong type of snow..... snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yeah and if you noticed for an hour or two this arvo rather than it saying "Snowheads Forum Index" it said something very strange indeed..hopefully it can all be recovered from backups as there was some useful posts on the piste..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think it was a Turkish "script kiddie", running a script which defaces PHPBB forums - I've had it happen to me Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FenlandSkier, Laughing Laughing

We should set the snowHeads riot police on them Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What a bummer. Hope we manage to get all the threads back.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry about the Outage boys n' girls.

Earlier this evening snowHeads suffered an attack of what amounts to mindless vandalism by some Turkish script kiddies.
They deconfigured much of the site and deleted roughly 130,000 posts - various backups were merged and restored to retain as much of our data as possible but I'm afraid that up to 127 of your precious messages will not be retrievable.
Toofy Grin

That said though - for the sake of improved security, there have been a large number of changes to the files that run the site and these changes have not exactly been implemented 'at leisure'. If you notice are any bugs or oddnesses about the forum please PM Admin details ASAP, describing the situation as best u can

Thanks!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is some irony that one of the threads missing from the piste is the one welcoming guests and encouraging them to register. Some guests are less welcome than others Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fantastic job getting it back to almost-completeness already
snow report
BIG well done for getting snowheads back online.
ski holidays
Good Job admin
snow report
Where's the "pat admin on the back" smiley? snowHead
snow report
Thank you admin! I thought I might have to register on Natives! Shocked (only joking Wear The Fox Hat wink )
latest report
Thanks admin, an excellent job! snowHead
ski holidays
Now i know how cold turkey feels like Toofy Grin
snow report
Thanks Admin Very Happy

Quote:

I thought I might have to register on Natives

cathy, I had to go on to SCGB for a while Laughing
snow conditions
Well done to admin and the team for getting the site up and running again so quickly with (relatively) so little lost. snowHead
ski holidays
[quote="cathy"]Thank you admin! I thought I might have to register on Natives! Shocked (only joking Wear The Fox Hat wink )[/quote]

You can TRY to register on Natives. No guarantee that your registration will be allowed to stay, or that it won't get, um, changed a little... Laughing Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, hmmmmm - hadn't anticipated that, but forewarned is forearmed wink Toofy Grin

Linds, Shocked Shocked that's normally my last resort! Toofy Grin
snow report
[quote="Frosty the Snowman"]Now i know how cold turkey feels like Toofy Grin[/quote]

I agree, it was hard going an evening without.

Well done Admin and all involved in getting it back so quickly
ski holidays
Nice work.
snow report
[quote="Whitegold"]Nice work.[/quote]

You're not Turkish by any chance? Cool Skullie Mad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick_C, MSN kept us going for a while Laughing
ski holidays
I've noticed a problem with logging on (have to log on twice and then all posts have been re-set to read) - and have notified admin.

I think there's obviously a problem with quoting for some people but not with me
ski holidays
admin, Well done for the rapid recovery, and thanks for the explanation. I was wondering where a thread or two had gone this morning !

nil illegitemi carborundum! snowHead
snow conditions
I had to talk to the wife for a while Shocked wink
ski holidays
Thanks Everyone - it has been a bit hectic.

Cathy, what url are you initially logging into?

The best is something under http://snowheads.com/
e.g http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/

If you login to www.snowheads.com or www2.snowheads.com there's a good chance you'll be redirected to http://snowheads.com at some point and you'll appear logged out again.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 2-01-09 5:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
admin, no - logging into http://snowheads.com

The PM I sent you is still in my Outbox - not suggesting you're not picking up your PMs (edit: cos I know you're very busy!) wink , but just wondering if there is a PM problem. I'm sure a PM I sent a day or so ago and that had gone from my Outbox, is back there again

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 4-01-07 11:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Boris, Shocked Shocked Shocked

(fortunately I found and downloaded an update to Civ4 which helped avoid that grim necessity * ) Shocked

*Not that I don't enjoy talking to your wife of course Laughing
snow report
Phew, i thought i had been deliberatly edited out of one of the threads, glad it wasnt personal Laughing
ski holidays
AxsMan,
Quote:

*Not that I don't enjoy talking to your wife of course

I'm surprised you can get a word in Laughing
snow conditions
admin, great to see the site back up and running! I've been having the same thing happen as cathy, so I have to keep logging in even on the new http://snowheads site. Apart from that though all good!
ski holidays
MrDan, phew! Glad I'm not the only one. Moving from the front (news) page to the forum page logs me out. But using the http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/ link means you can log in straight into the forum and gets round the prob.
snow report
I generally only surf whilst at work rolling eyes Shocked so I didn't know there was anything wrong till I found this thread. I am still mighty glad for all Admin's hard work in recovering the situation. Thanks, G
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy