Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 20th - 27th Jan 2007

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone look at the resort webcams at about 0900 today? Some "stuff" seems to be on lens on one shot and all you can see is cloud in another. Oh dear! Twisted Evil
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marc gledhill, looks like rain/sleet in Savoleyres and La Tzoumaz with snow at Ruinettes and Attelas. Seems in line with the forecast of freezing level around 2200m. Wouldn't worry wew were skiing in rain at La Chaux last week but when we got up to Mont Fort the snow was very good
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Safe travelling everyone, we're leaving at 3.30 tomorrow morning. See you there snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RachelQ, yep. Looking forward to it.

Does everybodies work load double in the 48 hours before a trip, or is it just me. Now, where did I put me brolly. Confused
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RachelQ, Will see you both Saturday afternoon snowHead

Quote:

Does everybodies work load double in the 48 hours before a trip, or is it just me

Marc Yes rolling eyes
Forecast is for 23cms on Tuesday Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep work has gone pretty mad but having read about Spyderjon's day I can't complain too much. Once I've packed I'll start to get really excited. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Once I've packed I'll start to get really excited.

I knew there was something I should be doing Shocked rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Safe travelling everyone, we're leaving at 3.30 tomorrow morning.

Us likewise. We're driving and expect to be in Verbier some time between 17.00 and 19.00 hrs on Saturday. See you all on Sunday morning. snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not the greatest webcam image I've ever seen. There were people skiing that track two days ago and now there's a bloke walking up it!! Sad
http://www.televerbier.ch/LivePic/tzoumaz.html
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lights are going out now but we will be back in a week snowHead Laughing
I do hope Marc has remembered my new red jacket Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I thought I was up late...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have they gone now?
Can we talk about them?
Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michelle wrote:
Have they gone now?
Can we talk about them?
Twisted Evil

I bet they're in a bar somewhere, I know I would be Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier, nah - it was 10:03pm when you posted that Shocked Linds, would be snoring by then Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I should have posted before now but I have been sulking with my injury. 6 weeks later it is improved a lot and I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed meeting everyone in Verbier -Linds, RachelQ, spyderjon, Marc and johnw. Apologies to anyone I have missed out. I can't wait to go to Obergurgl in 4 weeks. I hope eveyone who is away now or next week has a great time. snowHead
ski holidays
ian, hope you have better luck in Austria. T'was nice meeting you too. snowHead
latest report
ianmacd, good to hear that you're recovering - I'm sure you'll enjoy Obergurgl.

We just got back from an "Introduction to Off-piste" course run by the SCGB in Gressoney. We spent the week skiing what Warren calls "variable snow" on slopes similar in difficulty to the runs down to Tortin in Verbier. Did the Eagle Couloir which was pretty steep but not too narrow and had instruction in and experience of skiing on breakable crust. All very tame for the extreme freeriders amongst you but an excellent follow-on from Warren Smith for Anne and myself.

spyderjon, 3 degree side edge angle worked brilliantly on the frozen pistes first thing in the morning.
snow report
johnw,

That sounds fantastic. I'm glad you both enjoyed it. I'm hoping to go back to Verbier next year.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy