Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton situation (Winter Resumed)

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman, no you should lie around seductively, moaning suggestively and licking ... er, hang on, sorry, wong forum.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shorty wrote:
JACKES BAR st anton on sat night,have searched the websites but cant seem to find Tele Nos for said bar, shorty

This is there number http://www.spiss.at/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton you lovely man, thank you for your help have now tracked down said photo machine,and is being forwarded as I type,again thanks very much.
shorty the happy skier Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow next Wednesday, may start Tuesday.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton, we booked 2 days off piste wed/thurs I hope it will work out as not to sure i could offpiste in poor visibility
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
shorty, just got back after a week in Val. I was here on the Sunday morning and Mattun was great in parts.

On the camera front, the place is Jacksy's Pub - Tel. +43 664 9959599

If you have any trouble getting through let me know. I know members of the family who run it. So drop me a PM if you need to.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can somebody in StA provide an update of what the conditions are like now; we arrive on Thurs for a few weeks skiing.

Looking at the "Runs Open", it suggests that anything below mid-mountain at StA is dicey or even closed. What is the upper mountain like? What about Lech & Zurs?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skiing TOP to BOTTOM in St Anton , Lech & Zurs.

Only a few lowere runs are closed in the valley, whcih a frequently cllosed in spring. Nothing to worry about.

More snow is coming this week Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Building up to excellent conditions for the week of 17.02.07, by the sound of it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A little snow this week but more expected next week. As you say richmond, building up nicely for your week.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Currently snowing outside my window (1450m)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
B00thy, good stuff.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is posted in Avalanche Subject.

Heres some detail of Last months Avalanche in St Anton.

Posted over on TGR.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75065&page=4
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skied Rendl with H-Man (Hannes) in St Anton a couple of years back. Really nice guy, glad his brother got out OK.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We were on Rendl that morning when the/a helicopter dropped in to collect a rescue dog from just below the restaurant. Very frightening and sobering to read Hannes' account of the incident.
latest report
Gosh, having watched our friends' DVD in the chalet after they'd been to Henry's Avalanche Talk in Val last week, reading H-Man's report was quite something. Thank Heavens his brother got out alive.
snow report
Snow overnight Very Happy
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Snow overnight Very Happy

.... and it looks like more to come. snowHead
snow report
Yes was a glorious morning after half a night's snow as I sped off to Friedrichshafen to pick up a friend from the airport. You wait for days on end and then ...
ski holidays
EZ ALL, the resort is receiving about 5-10 cm every couple of days and when we left today saturday it was clouding over andso i would expect more snow over the weekend. the resort is fast skiing with some small dustings of powder on the pistes,

off piste is still a little disappointing and lots of ski routes start of ok but end up muddy or rocky. saying that if you are good enough it is well worth going off the north facve of the valluga with a guide as there is about 50cm + of powder and some "champagne powder"

Definately fun to be had though all round, we prefered the skiing on rendl and in teh lech yurs system but it's all good

ps ... did the north face of teh valluga baby, and fu..K that gully is scary
ski holidays
The north face valluga.. did you walk down the steps or ski direct from the top? I've done both, the ski from top def the better option, but i guess it depends on snow conditions.
ski holidays
straight from the top! woot! the powder afterwards is glorious!
snow report
Yesterday(sunday) it was snowing on & off . Thought at one stage we were going to get a big dump. they forecast rain this week but it may change to snow.

Overall conditions excellent on piste. Very Happy
Off piste Sad
snow report
stanton, have you ever entered or watched der weiss rausch? See photos here http://www.foto-finish.at/index,14,6,0,652,1.html

It looks kind of mad and dangerous but maybe good fun!
latest report
Snowed a lot today but this evening in the village the snow turned to rain. However, yet more snow is forecast tomorrow.
snow report
stanton wrote:
Yesterday(sunday) it was snowing on & off . Thought at one stage we were going to get a big dump. they forecast rain this week but it may change to snow.

Overall conditions excellent on piste. Very Happy
Off piste Sad

It's not appaling tho, we still had fun off piste just some runs are a bit icy or barren at the lower ends, where as some are fine with pockets of powder. Also from Valluga to Zurs we found what the instructor said was champagne powder, so it's not all that bad!
ski holidays
Peter Ross,

I have seen it , alot of fun especially the climb up side of Valluga T Bar. (not sure if they still do that). Never entered, i got brains & do not need the money Very Happy

plectrum,

My knees are shot to pieces Sad Therefore Off-Piste I only need Champagne Powder not unexpcted hardpack, ice rocks etc to avoid any uneccesary further punishment.
latest report
The St Anton website is reporting 20cm new snow.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and the webcams would suggest it is still snowing Very Happy Freezing temp at 3100 metres on friday and saturday rolling eyes
latest report
Swiss weather reports this morning a strong south westerly Fohnwind this Saturday of uto 20C Sad
ski holidays
7 day outlook

http://www.wetter.com/v2/?SID=&LANG=DE&LOC=7011&LOCFROM=0204&type=WMO&id=539
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Peter Ross,

I have seen it , alot of fun especially the climb up side of Valluga T Bar. (not sure if they still do that). Never entered, i got brains & do not need the money Very Happy

Looking at the photos they do that climb, I suppose it's a good way of separating people, again looking at the photos the obstacles on the course look difficult.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 14-02-07 10:28; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Hi All,
I have a quick question for those that know St Anton well!
I have been a few of times but only in Jan. Thinking of coming back out this season at the end of March before the busy easter period and was wondering if anyone could let me know what the snow is like on the lower runs at this time, are most still open? I guess the cannons can provide cover to allow you to ski down to the town. Also, what are Lech/Zurs like at that time, are most runs generally open (We have some friends keen to ski there as well as St A).

Sorry if this sounds like a weird question but I have only tended to go very high for late March/April but am really keen to get back out to St Anton again this year.

Cheers.

Nick
snow report
I've skied st anton until season closed a few years back - late april. There was soo much snow there on the last day you would not beleive. Honest - from 4 april through to 24ish is snowed a bit everyday. I remember very clearly in late april skiing knee deep powder on piste in albona. For sure this season so fat the snow depths are bit down but there could still be great late season conditions. The lower runs will no doubt be a tad slushy. Go on, book it.
snow conditions
NJClark, welcome to Snowheads! I always ski in St Anton until mid/late April. The conditions on a particular day / week obviously vary according to the weather but usually there is skiing back into resort, even if very slushy. On some weeks you can ski reasonable pistes even to 4pm but usually they turn poor early afternoon.

There is normally a dump or two of fresh at the end of the season, enabling excellent skiing off-piste under blue skies some time in April.

l've only been skiing here for 8 seasons though. Stanton will probably provide better info. Particularly this year with the poor snow base ....
ski holidays
They keep the piste back to the bottom of the Galzig & try to keep the run to the bottom of Nasserein open till the the last day of the season.

Skiing uptop is fantastic in April. Great korn Fohn Snow in the morning.
Best time of the year IMO. This is the time when the locals go skiing Very Happy

Quite often you get Apil showers which means fresh powder . I,ve been there some years & had the best powder of the seaosn in Aprill on a daily basis Very Happy

You have to be on the first lift get as much done as you can by 11-12 then relax the rest of the day. You can ski all day its not a problem but condtions can make you tired (You have to work harder in soft wet snow) and accidents can happen.

The runs to the village in the morning are slick, hard good to make some turns. They soften up as soon as the sun is on them & by 11:30 there soft by 14:00 there like potato puree. If you know the technique to ski this your have no problems.

Rendl & Gampen close down the last week of the season.

Many of the bars, clubs in town, etc close down after East Monday. KK , Tapps close down sometie end of March. The Moose,Griabli stay open till the last day of the season.

Apres Ski in town is centered around the Hotel Alte Post outside terrace bar, where people are sunning themsleves from lunchtime onwards.

Lech & Zurs are normally better than St Anton becuase the majority of the slopes areSouth Facing slopes.
ski holidays
Thanks for info folks, this is agreat forum, really helpful. I think I will go for St Anton, despite the current lower than average snow depth! I have found quite a good deal for the March 24th week, just before the Easter peak so hopefully will not be too busy. I am bringing some friends who have only ever skied in France and they would love St Anton. We are quite keen to explore Lech/Zurs as well as I have not really spent much time over there when I have been before. I quite like skiing the spring slush, we're pretty used to this as we normally go late March/April each year for two weeks or so as the other half is restricted to either Dec/Early Jan or Easter as she works at a university. So, here's hoping for more snow in Arlberg!
Cheers.
snow report
NJClark, When I was over there at New Year there was a slushy day or two, it's makes moguls so much easier snowHead. I hope to be back for Easter.

Quote:
stanton, Lech & Zurs are normally better than St Anton because the majority of the slopes are South Facing slopes.

To clarify for those that don't know and may misinterpret stanton, it's St Anton that has many south facing slopes so are more prone to sun than Lech and Zurs slopes. However isn't it true that Rendl, down to St Christoph and Stuben get less sun?
snow conditions
just been reading through the pistetopowder snow reports from st anton, god i'm frustrated stuck in the office.
see here http://www.skimountaineering.com/ click through to "Today's off piste conditions in St.Anton"
particularly jealous of the report on the heli ski over in zurs. must do that one day.
latest report
A sad news from St Anton.
Two people died and one injured in an avalanche today just before noon.

http://www.tirol.com/chronik/oberland/56369/index.do
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy