Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton situation (Winter Resumed)

Poster: A snowHead
Right folks - here is the news, following a week of high-jinks in St Anton:
As rag says, no snow in town and the home runs are starting (hopefully stopping now the weather's got colder) to break, with the piste past the Krazy Kanguruh and then Mooserwirt a heady mix of slush, sheet ice and ploughed field.
Rendl is great, and despite a bit of earth appearing around the Gampbergbahn bottom station offered smashing piste skiing yesterday, and you could ski back to the bottom of the Rendlbahn. Whats more, we had the place pretty much to ourselves, as all the other punters were busy killing the Zammermoos/Galzig area.
Valluga was closed (there was a lot of avalanche blasting going on yesterday), and I'd imagine after a solid 24hrs of heavy, heavy rain/snow there is a massive amount of snow up there and around the Schindlergrat. The storm didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference to the top of Galzig/Gampen/Nasserein, strangely, considering just how brutal the storm was. I suspect what wet snow there was probably got blown away immediately as the winds were terrific. Valluga probably held onto most of it in its bowl though (only supposition this - didn't see up there personally).
St Christoph was still sporting snow on its roofs yesterday, and pre-storm Stuben was is pretty good nick apart from the south-facing red down to the Albona chair.
Lech and Zuers were smashing on Tuesday, with loads of snow on the piste compared to elsewhere.
As stanton says, if you're in it for the off piste, there's somewhere in the region of nothing compared to what is normally on offer, but I did manage to ski off the Maroikopfle back down to the Albona stube on hard packed, windblown snow (messily, I might add).
All in all, we had a cracking week of skiing, if not the off-piste Nirvana we might have had.
In summary, its all skiable on-piste, and well worth the trip if you're already committed to going. Tremendous- here's hoping for a load of fresh snow this week and next Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowed a bit yesterday but wasn't really cold enough so falling a bit like artificial ie frozen water droplets. But temperature has now dropped and snow forecast for the next few days.

The cannons have been going all night to turn the hills from green to white again. But gonna get REAL snow soon. Just concerned that snow landing on icy slopes will create unstable layer. Stanton, what thinketh you?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
B00thy

It can be dangerous anytime off-piste. You have to give the snow time to settle & bond. I mensioned back in the summer if you go off-piste (out of the resort) allways dig a hole first to check for soft layers.
If in doubt DONT ski it.

Most inbounds is controlled but dont take that for granted. Snow consistency changes by the second.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
looks a white out up top on the web cam but very benign in the village. any news?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Its coming dont panic Very Happy

http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/hazcharts/eursnow_th.htm
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
is it snowing yet?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Stanton. Personally, I am well aware. But I know these guys who watch the threads value your comments so I thought I would get your feelings out on the thread.

I am well aware of the dangers and spent 2 hours beeps practice today (predominantly in hope)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
B00thy,
Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
is it snowing yet? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
if you look on the webcams on the website www.stantonamarlberg.com - I would say the weather is going to do something and it forecasts snow for tomorrow stanton may be a day out with his forecast.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
it looks like white out on the cams, I hope this si snow and not just mist/cloud!

come on I arrive 3rd Feb, and although my hopes of an off piste paradise are slightly dashed by this year's terrible weather I am praying for a nice dump to make piste skiing enjoyable.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i don't think it actually snowed?
can any one confirm or deny this?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Was foggy today which condensed to snow a bit.

But now it's cold ... so ... we get to ski albeit changeable O-P. Better than nought!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Light snow town level, more up higher
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton, What's the forecast there?
ski holidays
Im not in town. Im in Switzerland.

Back in town Friday for some Powder Very Happy

My trusty local source says geting colder, snowing & maybe heavy snow at weekend.
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Im not in town. Im in Switzerland.

Back in town Friday for some Powder Very Happy

My trusty local source says geting colder, snowing & maybe heavy snow at weekend.

if you are in st anton 3-10th fancy meeting for a beer?
snow report
its snowing according to the webcams. even the village is starting to look white again. call me old fashioned but when i go skiing I like it to look white
snow conditions
plectrum,

Not in towm that weekend.
snow report
stanton wrote:
plectrum,

Not in towm that weekend.

I know for a guy who spends alot of his time in the alps 3-10th must seem like a weekend, but to us people from the big smoke(london) it is a week!

Maybe another year!
ski holidays
yah the cams look real good today, yesterday looked like this but proved to just be cloud but this looks much more menacing! and ice and snow on the webcam's lens is always a good sign
latest report
Looks like you picked a good weekend except this one of course Very Happy

Only costs around 80Sfr roundtrip on the train from Switzerland ( 1/2 price travel Swiss Sektor) so its no big deal just poping over there for the day. THe slopes near Bern are to crowded at the weekends. Saturdays is the best day to ski in St Anton (No crowds) Very Happy
snow report
Yah Stanton, we are flying into Zurich on Saturday morning so hope to get some skiing on the first Saturday and we leave damn late on Saturday evening so some skiing on that morning too!

I pray it keeps snowing as would love to ski the entire mountain and maybe even get a car to ischgl for a day?

Could you advise on any good guides for off piste, if it is advisable?

thanks
snow report
I will be in St Anton on Sunday for a week. How is it right now ? Good snow and coverage ? Enough pistes open to have fun ? Any recommendations (I can ski all colors), what to avoid, etc?
Thanks for any info.
ski holidays
plectrum,

You need to allow one hour to drive around to Ischgl in good Weather. however if you want to enjoy all the Ischgl Apres ski as well it means someone (driver) is left out of the fun. Also it will be a very exhausting dayout. Getting out of Ischgl can be a nightmare by car.

If your going To St Anton for just one week I would forget about Ischgl and just bashup your Arlberg Lifpass & enjoy St Anton,St Christoph,Stuben,Lech,Zurs & Sonnekopf . Theres plenty to keep you busy for one week.

St Anton didnt get the dump it was hoping for 5 cm in town. Most of precipitation fell short & dumped here in Switzerland. I guess a little is better than nothing plus its colder now so the cannons can work again.

More snow is forecast (not massive) this weekend.
latest report
yah i noticed more fell in lech and zurs, is this correct?
snow report
Normal on the western side of Arlberg. Includes Stuben as well.
ski holidays
Decent off-piste today for the first time in weeks. Of course it wasn't as deep as we'd like but had a great time. Pistes seemed OK in most places but beware occasional icy patches.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the webcam's look lush today especially the slope on the valluga steep and quick, I pray for a little dump sometime next week!
snow conditions
SCGB has givin me a 5cm snow for today?

Is this true?
snow conditions
Good off-piste skiing yesterday in parts of St Anton, though needed to watch out for rocks, and a little heavier going at bottom of Mattun. Wind-blown on Albona though.

Snowing heavily outside my window at the moment (9:45am) at 1450m so I imagine dumping hard upstairs.

plectrum, if you mean North Face then there is snow up top but yesterday was a long get out.
snow report
B00thy, the web cam's look like the heaviest snow yet wooopeee woopeee do!!!
snow report
Snowed well today. Praying for blue skies tomorrow as I have some business to do next week and am leaving St Anton.

That said, the business is in Val d'Isere and Saint Foy sooooooo......
ski holidays
We had a storm on Saturday, very cold & white out conditions. Did not really get the big DUMP that St Anton needed but it all helps about 30cms fell uptop .

I heard that Zurs faired better.

Yesterday was probably the best day of the season so far.

It was very busy yesterday. Fine weather etc brings all the partime skiers out Sad

Yesterday they opened Mattun Bowl unusually early after a snowstorm (normaly they wait a day or two for the snow to settle down) Unfortunatly they had to close the access to it later due to a Avalanche.
Im not sure if anyone wa caught up in it. Theres still plenty of rocks & obstacles hidden under the new snow in Mattun.

More snow is predicted later this week.
latest report
stanton, thanks for your advise on the guides, spoke with Andy at Alpinschule Arlberg Guides, http://www.outdoor-adventures.at/
He is very helpful and friendly will be booking for 3 days privatewith my friend, kick ass!
snow conditions
hi all,just returned from first visit to st anton,what a great resort, snowed from weds night onwards brill conditions fri and sat,excellent on and off piste, rendl side of valley near deserted,great apri, nice restaurents and not too harsh on ones pocket, all in all excellent week, would highly recommend to all readers who have yet to visit this great town.
latest report
hi all again, calling all locals or regular visitors to st anton have just had great week (see above)BUT I have 1 small problem that you may be able to help with........ I have lost my digit camara(fool) left it in JACKES BAR st anton on sat night,have searched the websites but cant seem to find Tele Nos for said bar, stayed in chalet hans,Nassarian with skiworld who are not very helpful at all.
PLEASE PLEASE can anybody help with this small problem.
many thanks
shorty
snow conditions
shorty, if anyone can stanton can snowHead
snow conditions
... but don't let on that you are a muslim or a smoker.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 30-01-07 21:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
richmond, Should I keep quiet about being a lesbian?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy