Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow report Winter 2006/7

Poster: A snowHead
cathy, Yes, Thursday was a repeat of Wednesday Very Happy Very Happy

Its cloudy this morning, and all the forecasts are predicting snow this afternoon and night - could be over 16cm. As allways time will tell. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs W, Very Happy Very Happy sounds excellent! snowHead Looks like its setting up for a good Easter Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No snow today, as of yet. Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
which is the best part of teignes to stay at .. may be therer last week april. Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pistenbully,
le Lac or Lavachet.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well i'm back from another little tour of european ski resorts and thought i had better go out today and check out the conditions rather than help with the housework Toofy Grin

First impressions were of how much new snow there is and no grass compared to some places i have been.

Palafour area excellent snow both on and off piste Very Happy Very Happy
Tommusses bumps and tree skiing down to La Daille excellent. Great fresh tracks through the trees and no icy patches anywhere Blush
La Face soft snow for the majority of the run, unbelivable Confused
Solaise piste partly fenced, off due to French championships, but fresh powder inside the fencing was too much to resist Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Back to Tommusses and the bumps/ off piste again & again as it was so good Very Happy Very Happy

A final trip up Tommusses lift and immediatly turned right, next to the pisters hut, and down the Paquetts/Trolles to a well deserved cup of tea Laughing Laughing

In summary fantastic conditions in the Espace Killy which i am sure will last for weeks to come Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stewart woodward wrote:
Well i'm back from another little tour of european ski resorts and thought i had better go out today and check out the conditions rather than help with the housework Toofy Grin

Tough choice for you I'm sure rolling eyes rolling eyes

Good to see you back although you'll see we've had a new member join us in your absence Very Happy - who's going to win the battle of the laptop? Toofy Grin

Can't believe there's so much good snow out there - and yet that's me finished for the season Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

pistenbully,
le Lac or Lavachet.

booked today ,21st april £261 Very Happy .. 7 of us will be staying in val claret rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back on 31st from a great week in Tignes. As Mrs .W has been reporting the snow conditions are spot on. Stayed in catered chalet in Tignes le Brev' and could not have asked for a better bunch of ski pals for the week. wink .Just wish we were staying for the good conditions. snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stewart woodward wrote:
Well i'm back from another little tour of european ski resorts...

Hope you don't mind me asking but was this a Eurotest tour, and if so then any joy?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
balernoStu wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:
Well i'm back from another little tour of european ski resorts...

Hope you don't mind me asking but was this a Eurotest tour, and if so then any joy?

Unfourtunatly no luck Sad First run ski came off so i tried to continue on one ski ! But i am not Boddie Miller so i fell. second run missed by just over a second again Sad Great start number again No 100 out of 100 its like skiing moguls

The trip was hell, race cancelled because of bad weather so stayed another day, race cancelled again and rescheduled for 5 days later so returned to Tignes. Returned & trained Saturday weather perfect, Sunday weather worse than previous but race run. Snowing like stink & no visability, put car in ditch on way down mountain so had to dig it out!

So its back to race training in the summer/autumn, lots of work in the gym & boring running rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Back to the realities of Tignes, working & snow conditions

The snow is really great, as Mrs W has been reporting, and the warm sunny weather is not unduly affecting the conditions.

I have a good group of 4 kids in the morning, 2 of which i have taught before, so we can get about the mountain and have lots of fun. Unfourtunatly yesterday morning whilst we were doing a drill 1 of the kids and myself were well & truly splattered by a border. We were stood at the side of the piste watching one of the other kids ski down when the border hit us. The border was hooning down a blue run missed a turn and took us out, our skis came off, sunglasses & caps went flying & the result was a 10 year large kid crying his eyes out and scared stiff for the rest of the morning.
Managed a trip up Grand Mottee with the kids & a ski around Genepy before returning to Le Lac via Tichot/Grand Huit. Great snow everywhere with no waiting Blush
The rest of the day was thankfully less eventfull.
2 young sisters at lunchtime in the Jardin de Enfant, the aim is to ski on the nursery slopes wednesday/thursday & on the mountain friday.
Adult clients in the afternoon.

ESF ski show in the evening, still in bright sunshine, so no need for warming hot chocolate Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stewart woodward wrote:
The border was hooning down a blue run missed a turn and took us out, our skis came off, sunglasses & caps went flying & the result was a 10 year large kid crying his eyes out and scared stiff for the rest of the morning.

How did you stop yourself from beating the **** out of the guy who hit you? I'm not sure I would have the necessary self-restraint if someone not only hit me but also took out a child that I had responsibility for Evil or Very Mad Glad no serious injuries occured.

Thanks for the snow reports, can't wait to get back out to Les Arcs in a couple of days.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward wrote:

ESF ski show in the evening, still in bright sunshine, so no need for warming hot chocolate Laughing

What Stewart doesn't know is I took some pics at the ski show NehNeh There was quite a big crowd there and it took place in daylight and good weather (for a change). Stewart is in both pics Toofy Grin

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mrs W, Laughing Laughing well done - I'd guess he's the one at the back out of synch Razz Razz

stewart - ouch! I bet that hurt, for both of you Sad I hope the kid is feeling OK after that, there's nothing worse for knocking your confidence. Although remembering your reaction when someone nearly took out one of our group, I'm sure you had a few choice words for the boarder Shocked
ski holidays
cathy,
Quote:

I'd guess he's the one at the back out of synch

Bet they are coming to get the boarder in the foreground Twisted Evil
latest report
boredsurfin, I happen to know that stewart woodward is a qualified snowboard instructor Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Laughing Laughing
snow report
stewart woodward, sorry to hear it was not a success. Sounds like a very frustrating time was had Mad

Edit: 'still envy your lifestyle though wink
snow conditions
cathy wrote:
Mrs W, Laughing Laughing well done - I'd guess he's the one at the back out of synch Razz Razz

No i am not the one at the back out of synch rolling eyes I am normally second from the front being very aware of what's happening as the 'game' seems to be 'knock over the brit' Very Happy Theyv'e not managed it yet, but not for lack of trying Toofy Grin

A more normal day today, no accidents or close encounters, just good skiing Very Happy

Took a trip down to Les Brevieres this morning and was pleased that the piste was good all the way down although a little springish first thing Blush

The little girls in the Jardin improved so much that we are going on the main nursery slope tomorrow. Smile The Jardin is a much safer & easier place to take begineers. Progress is normally pretty rapid. It's a pitty there is no such place for bigger kids (adults) Confused

This afternoon i had 3 teenagers who could ski a little. Now they have done some small moguls, Jumps in the fun park, fast carvy turns & the Paquetts black run which is pretty tough Toofy Grin Toofy Grin 3 hours & they were kna----(tired) Toofy Grin

Its snowing at the moment so hopefully some nice powder for tomorrow Very Happy

Will try and get the camera off Mrs W tomorrow and post some proper pics Confused Confused
ski holidays
Fantastic snow with more than 30cm new at the top and 15cm on the nursery slopes Very Happy Sorry no pictures as it was snowing too much to get any decent shots.

Went up the Aeroski this morning and skied around the Belvarde bowl to give the kids plenty of practice, and improve their technique, skiing parallel. Why do parents always ski their kids down red/black runs in the afternoons and blow their confidence/techniqe Puzzled

Progressed to the main nursery slopes with the lunchtime girls and was amazed at thier progress. Flying down the slopes in not very easy conditions as it was snowing hard. Another day on the steeper nursery slopes & then friday 'up the mountain' Blush

Slight snow at the moment & trying to brighten up so tomorrow could be 'awesome' Very Happy Kids in the powder is always good fun Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
stewart woodward, that's perfect timing for Easter Smile
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:

Isn't Easter this week? We are busier this week than next although the resort dosent seem too busy. Blush

If you are coming to the Espace Killy for Easter don't worry about the snow conditions they are GREAT just remember the Easter eggs Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
stewart woodward wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Isn't Easter this week?

My Easter holiday starts tomorrow Smile
ski holidays
stewart woodward, I have holiday peeps this weeks and next. We're OK except for certain lifts at certain times - I expect you are the same. Sorry to hear about the snowboarder - hope you told him where to go in at least two languages!
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
stewart woodward, I have holiday peeps this weeks and next. We're OK except for certain lifts at certain times - I expect you are the same. Sorry to hear about the snowboarder - hope you told him where to go in at least two languages!

Is Anglo Saxton two languges ?
snow report
Just to report that the Rosbifs (5) lost to the Froggies (7) in the annual on snow rugby match this apre-ski. Second SumitJam of the season tomorrow - Oh Dear!
latest report
is a photo required for a tignes ski pass ...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pistenbully wrote:
is a photo required for a tignes ski pass ...

No, unless you get a season pass.
snow report
pistenbully, we were told yes, but only if the pass is for more than 7 days. We had passes for 7 days and didn't need photos.
snow report
Awesome day, fresh powder, blue skies & sunshine all the day Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The lunchtime girls deserve the first mention. Discovered dad had bought a family pass for the week so no nursery slopes Very Happy Went up Palafour & skied anemone/combe TWICE, then Chaudannes lift & the Petit Col back to Le lac then Palafour again all in 2 hours Laughing Laughing
The 5 year is an out & out speed merchant whilst her older sister, nearly 7, just does anything you show/tell her. I have had 4 week skiers who are not as good Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
Need to think where to take them tomorrow Puzzled Fun park Puzzled They want to do jumps Blush

The rest of the day was just about skiing great snow all day.

Teaching a snowHead in the morning with his family Very Happy

Tried to take some pics today but coc-ed it up Confused
snow conditions
Was that the girls' first time skiing?? I hate it when kids are so good! Cool You should take them to the park dude Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Conditions sound fab Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
VERY sunny day on the slopes today - perfect skiing conditions. snowHead
ski holidays
Yesterday and today have been perfect Very Happy Very Happy Blue skies, sunshine, warm temperatures and vey good snow conditions Laughing Laughing
I didn't have to queue anywhere Laughing Laughing
Its getting to be spring conditions, very firm first thing and softening up towards lunchtime. Although the snow in the afternoons is not too soft and not slushy. Perfect for skiing Very Happy Very Happy

Had an intersting morning watching stewart teach beginners how to snow plough, and watching the pisters winch people out of the Aeroski which had broken down. Shocked
It seemed where ever I skied, I saw Stewart and his group - his lunchtime girls looked really good Little Angel Little Angel
The next few days are forecast warm and sunny - so the suntan should improve wink
snow report
Mrs W, sounds really great snowHead

Quote:
.....watching the pisters winch people out of the Aeroski which had broken down.

Oh don't - I always try not to think things like that can happen when I'm on a chairlift or gondola Skullie
latest report
Mrs W, any pics of it, I always wonder how it's done .. give my regards to Stewart
snow report
cathy wrote:
Mrs W, sounds really great snowHead

Quote:
.....watching the pisters winch people out of the Aeroski which had broken down.

Oh don't - I always try not to think things like that can happen when I'm on a chairlift or gondola Skullie

Best not visit Llandudno then
latest report
stevew wrote:
Mrs W, any pics of it, I always wonder how it's done ..

Sorry no pics, Stewart had confiscated the camera and the batteries had run out rolling eyes

I'm really glad I wasn't on the Aeroski when it happened, it bounced along way rolling eyes The pisters climed up the pylons, slid along the wires into the top of the cars, then lowered the occupants down through the doors. Took about 2 hours to get everybody out.
snow report
Another great weekend in the Espace Killy with wall to wall sunshine, but high temperatures Little Angel Its true spring skiing at the moment and you have to choose your route carefully to ensure the best skiing. Laughing
Fourtunatly we never got the rain forecast by Metcheck & Snowforecast.com Very Happy Very Happy although a few high clouds later in the day did give a few flocons Blush

The main considerations at the moment are how much sun tan cream to apply & which terrace to have lunch on NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
Yesterday was great. Lots & lots of sunshine, blue skies, and snow Madeye-Smiley Its spring conditions, so crusty first thing and heavy going in the afternoon. I like to ski overlunch - well 11 to 3 ish, to ensure best snow conditions and avoid any queues Madeye-Smiley . I only saw queues when the ski school lessons started at 2pm.

Managed to ski with Stewart for a few hours yesterday ( must be 4th time this season Puzzled ) well we were on the same lifts and pistes, but he did the world cup bumps on the stade in Val Claret, and I skied the piste along side. Don't know where he gets the energy Razz

I haven't seen any marmots yet, but they must be coming out of hibernation soon, especially as the weather is so nice and warm Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy