Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow report Winter 2006/7

Poster: A snowHead
stewart woodward wrote:

Anyone coming for Easter should have great conditions Blush

I will be there..... Good conditions now, and pretty nice forecasts

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stewart woodward wrote:
Glad Mrs W kept you all entertained whilst i was away rolling eyes but i'm back now Toofy Grin (only for a few days) so you will have to get used to my reports again.

But Mrs W had lots of lovely fresh snow to report - all you seem to have is cold temps wink wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cathy wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:
Glad Mrs W kept you all entertained whilst i was away rolling eyes but i'm back now Toofy Grin (only for a few days) so you will have to get used to my reports again.

But Mrs W had lots of lovely fresh snow to report - all you seem to have is cold temps wink wink

I have cold temperatures ( i think i am becoming a wimp), lots of great snow & great skiing to report Very Happy

Its snowing lightly again this morning & has been most of the night Blush Blush Blush

So it looks like we are in for another great days skiing Laughing Laughing Perhaps better than Canada wink wink & the piste bashing is pretty good too rolling eyes Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, Stewart's in Italy again, so I get another chance to post. wink
Its been snowing lightly all day, and started to snow more heavily about an hour ago. Very Happy Its now settling on the roads and footpaths.
Todays been snowy / cloudy with poor viz high up, occasional brighter moments and cold but not as cold as yesterday. We had slightly stronger winds too. More snow to come, & I'm looking foreward to skiing all that lovely snow in some sunshine next week Very Happy Very Happy

When the viz improves I'll take the camera out and get some pics to show you Smile

cathy, Thanks for all the positive comments Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley I hope you had / have a good last day of your hols and a good journey back home Smile

Mrs W
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks Mrs W snowHead Last day skiing today and I think my legs knew it rolling eyes no energy left in them & finished early Shocked Toofy Grin Not looking forward to the journey back tomorrow Sad

stewart woodward NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the snow reports Mrs W. You should get a login name of your own; even if Stewart is doing the snow reports you could always pass on sports massage tips. Judging by the pain in my thighs this morning I'm in need of both ski instruction and a good massage!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok having lurked since January, then posted under Stewart's login, I've taken all your advice and gone and registered. wink Very Happy
I'll just have to learn how to do stuff now, hoping I can keep Stewart off the computer long enough (when he gets home) wink rolling eyes Very Happy Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mrs W, welcome to snowHeads Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mrs W, Welcome......again. Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, Frosty the Snowman, Smile Thank you

Yesterday was superb - new snow, sunshine, blue skies Very Happy We had a few snowflakes late afternoon.

This morning its snowing again Very Happy , we must have had a few cm overnight. The tignes forecast is for sunny spells so we'll wait and see.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mrs W, Welsome to sHs under your own name - can the PC cope with two sH addicts in the family ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well its still snowing - has been all day Very Happy The promised bright spells must have gone somewhere else Evil or Very Mad

So I'll go and brave the powder on the way to and from the bar then wink Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mrs W wrote:
The promised bright spells must have gone somewhere else Evil or Very Mad

They were in Les Arcs. We had hazy sunshine all day.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mrs W, Hope all is well in Tignes as my son has just arrived for a week with his uni snowheads! Probably best that I'm not there Embarassed Although pleased to see that conditions look great.....just some sunshine needed!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well winter's back. 30 cm of new snow since yesterday and its still snowing Madeye-Smiley Its also quite windy, so I expect some lifts to be closed and others to open late this morning. I can hear the pisters blasting to make things safe.

Going to the patisserie this morning was an adventure , new tracks and powder walking Little Angel the snow came up to mid shin. Everybody's digging out cars and footpaths, and there are lots of icicles. I don't think this was forecast rolling eyes
ski holidays
Great skiing today, if in poor visibility - a foot of powder! snowHead
snow conditions
and the SNOW just keeps on falling.........................

Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
Mrs W, How much of the domain was open today and what's the local forecast looking like for the rest of this week?
snow report
Scooter, Most of the area was open, and as to the forecast as ever it depends which one you read. We may get some snow with some bright spells - time will tell. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Mrs W, glad to hear the weather is not all blue sky & sunshine...... was in Val last week and well as you describe, it snowed lots

skiing was great but it was a bit dam cold...... the chalk board at the up & over chait to fornet read ' temperature siberian -18 ' how true Toofy Grin
snow conditions
just like to add, just got back from two weeks in the Espace killy. first week spent in val had great piste conditions and fanstastic sunshine all week to be followed by a week in tignes with fresh snow powder and cold conditions. what a great two weeks of skiing. Best two weeks of the season for a punter.
ski holidays
Today we've had bright spells - sunshine & blue skies, with cloudy spells.
Snow conditions are wonderful. snowHead I heard some people on the lifts saying how warm it was Puzzled I found that very strange as I thought it was very cold - especially on the top lifts & windy too. Definately needed the hat. rolling eyes

I promised you some pics when there was something to see. So I went a bit mad with the camera. Madeye-Smiley
rolling eyes

latest report
Lovely pics Mrs W, the conditions look truly great - and with so few people around as well! Very Happy

I think Stewart has some serious competition wink Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
cathy, Very Happy Very Happy

Conditions are great. I took the pics during lunchtime - always less people around, but with a place as big as the espace killy it normally only looks busy towards the end of the day as people head back down.

I actually worked out how to upload the pics too Madeye-Smiley , although I did it through Stewart's media zone (hope thats not breaking any rules rolling eyes )

Are you over the jetlag yet Puzzled

Thanks for the advice about the signature Cool
ski holidays
Well done for uploading the pics - I won't compare with Stewart's first attempts wink (he won't read this will he?! wink ) I don't think there are any rules to break!

Yesterday was a bit of a nightmare at work. Felt like I was getting up at midnight to go to work and was in a bit of a daze all day. As we were 8 hours behind the UK it wasn't far wrong.

Today feels a lot better - hope I didn't snore on the bus on the way home Confused Toofy Grin
ski holidays
cathy wrote:
Well done for uploading the pics - I won't compare with Stewart's first attempts wink (he won't read this will he?! wink )

Not while I'm on the computer he won't wink Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Wah! Why does it keep telling me I have to be a registered user to view pics when I already am, and have just "successfully" re-registered? Am I the only one having this problem?
latest report
No you're not, I'm having the same problem.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clara_jo, you'll just need to log onto the Media Zone, then you'll be able to view the pics. Although this seems to have changed as you didn't used to have to log on to view pics in that section Confused
snow report
here a report from the espace killy from the week 17.03 to 24.03 from a german forum. Dont worry if you cant understand german, the many pictures speak for themselves Very Happy

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21274
snow conditions
Thanks cathy, it works now Smile It's just that I went over to Tignes for a couple of days in January, but didn't get many pics, so it's nice to have another look.
snow conditions
clara_jo wrote:
Wah! Why does it keep telling me I have to be a registered user to view pics when I already am, and have just "successfully" re-registered? Am I the only one having this problem?

I'm having the same problem - it won't let me log in
snow conditions
Wow. Today was outstanding, wonderful, superb, fantanstic Madeye-Smiley Very Happy

Blue skies, not a cloud, sunshine, superb snow conditions, and the pistes were not too busy. Doesn't get much better than this Very Happy Very Happy

Can I have the same tomorrow please Puzzled
latest report
eng_ch,

me too

"You must be a registered user to view images!

To register click on the REGISTER button in the menu above. "
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, but then if you go to the login button on the menu on that page, it should take you to a new login page (even if you're logged into the main site, if you see what I mean).

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 28-03-07 17:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
eng_ch, holidayloverxx, log in to the SMZ and then click on the thumbnails - they should come up then OK
ski holidays
clara_jo, cathy, no, it's at that point it won't let me log in - just tells me again I need to be logged in to view images
snow report
eng_ch, yoda says it should be fixed now and you should be able to view the images without logging in. Is it better now?
ski holidays
cathy, ah that seems to have done the trick . To Yoda grateful we are
ski holidays
Mrs W wrote:
Wow. Today was outstanding, wonderful, superb, fantanstic Madeye-Smiley Very Happy

Blue skies, not a cloud, sunshine, superb snow conditions, and the pistes were not too busy. Doesn't get much better than this Very Happy Very Happy
Can I have the same tomorrow please Puzzled

And did you? snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy