Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow report Winter 2006/7

Poster: A snowHead
i didn't mean it like that. i know he has never done that was just saying he would reconmend esf over anyone else. i would do the same thing reconmend someone i work for over a rival company. as it happens i believe ESF are the better teaching facility in tignes anyway, but thats just my opinon.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BONUS DAY Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My favourite weather site forecast clouds & snow for today but they continue with their 10% accuracy as its been sunny most of the day Laughing Laughing

Met my clients over in Val D as usual and departed via the Solaise Express. We passed through a little light cloud and then emerged into bright sunshine and perfect pistes with 10cm new powder Very Happy Very Happy We just had to have a warm up run back to the bottom and experience the great conditions.
We once again took the Solaise Express & Madeline Express to ski part of the classic Cugnai run to the bottom of the Manchet Express.We then skied Germain Mattis, via the trees, to the bottom of the Laisinant Express.( Why are all lifts in Val D called Express?) This lift was installed last season but it was the first time i had rode on it.
Skied across to the top of the Le Fornet Cable car and saw the amazing sight of an Eagle soaring around the peaks.
Took the new Pyramides Express(another first) and the Signal drag to ski back down to the Fornet restaurant for a much needed hot chocolate Razz Razz
Back up the above lifts and via the up & over chair to the top of Solaise. Another run back into Val D and whilst the piste wasn't as prestine as before the skiing was still outstanding.
I hope you will agree a great mornings skiing Laughing Laughing

Just as importantly, if not more so, this afternoon my 3&3/4 year old girl rode her first Poma lift & my 4&5/4 year old girl(her maths not mine) rode her first chair lift Blush Blush Blush

A few photos to keep you all happy;

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer wrote:
Can't wait. I've just booked to be out there for the week beginning 18th of March. Anyone know any good off-piste schools/guides based in Tignes? Very Happy

Send me a pm detailing your level & requirements & i will recommend a couple of guys.

It will not be me as i am already booked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow! They are fantastic pictures! Looks like lovely lovely snow snowHead

I assume you didn't take your afternoon clients on the same route wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward wrote:
A few photos to keep you all happy

Indeed they did! Can't wait to get back out to the Tarentaise after my enjoyable sojourn in Swissland Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward, Wow and thanks. Superb.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stewart woodward, aw, brings back such happy memories hearing those names again. Was mentally doing the runs in my head as I read snowHead Great pics, too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stewart woodward wrote:
Kramer wrote:
Can't wait. I've just booked to be out there for the week beginning 18th of March. Anyone know any good off-piste schools/guides based in Tignes? Very Happy

Send me a pm detailing your level & requirements & i will recommend a couple of guys.

It will not be me as i am already booked

Great Pictures Stuart. I'm also in Val (La Daille) for a week from Saturday, before spending two weeks in Les Arcs. I'd be up for a meet up. Also need some info on guides, possibly thinking of heli-boarding over the border. I know quite a few off piste routes as I spent half a season in Tignes, but am parrt of a big group and they might prefer a guide. Don't know how to send you a private mail though
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fridge, don't know if he associates with boarders though wink wink . And you'll be pleased to hear that Tignes no longer has more snow than Big White Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Send/read PMs by clicking on Send/Read messages under the snowHeads logo at the top of the page. Click on the PM on this link to PM Stewart. He can mainly be found in the Alpaka bar Toofy Grin

So your office is going to be a bit empty the next two weeks then? Wonder if anyone will notice.... wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cathy wrote:
fridge, don't know if he associates with boarders though wink wink . And you'll be pleased to hear that Tignes no longer has more snow than Big White Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Send/read PMs by clicking on Send/Read messages under the snowHeads logo at the top of the page. Click on the PM on this link to PM Stewart. He can mainly be found in the Alpaka bar Toofy Grin

So your office is going to be a bit empty the next two weeks then? Wonder if anyone will notice.... wink

Thanks Cathy, a bit obvious now you've pointed it out!

Glad to see you'll have plenty of snow, especially after your trip in January!

Aah, the Alpaka. I lived across the road from there three years ago - found memories.

I think everyone will be glad there won't be any discussion of skiing/boarding, snow conditions or helmet cameras for a few weeks!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fridge wrote:
I think everyone will be glad there won't be any discussion of skiing/boarding, snow conditions or helmet cameras for a few weeks!

Laughing Laughing yes, we have a new toy for this trip, did you see it? rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cathy wrote:
fridge wrote:

Laughing Laughing yes, we have a new toy for this trip, did you see it? rolling eyes

No, but he got the same one that I have had for the past three years. It's very good for filming people on piste, especially if you can ski backwards. I'm sure I'll see some footage Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fridge wrote:
It's very good for filming people on piste, especially if you can ski backwards. I'm sure I'll see some footage Madeye-Smiley

Shocked Shocked don't think there'll be too much footage of him then! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking on the Snoworks website I see they have announced some new instructors have joined the team Toofy Grin Could have spelled your name right though Stewart! wink Congrats on 'officially' joining them! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Back to sofa hugging & watching the ski racing/soccer am this morning for me.

About 5cm new snow overnight and clearing skies this morning Very Happy Sunshine forecast for the next few days so lots of sun tan cream and lip balm required Very Happy

Finished my morning clients week off yesterday with steeper/bumpier runs and high speed carving down the 'Face' back into Val D Toofy Grin Tired legs but great smiles Blush
Took the little girls up 'The mountain' on the Solaise chair and skied around the Lac chair before having well deserved hot chocolates Laughing Laughing
Free lift passes for under 5's are a great idea.

Meet a new snowHead this morning so managed to do the Lent thread today Laughing
snow report
cathy wrote:
Looking on the Snoworks website I see they have announced some new instructors have joined the team Toofy Grin Could have spelled your name right though Stewart! wink Congrats on 'officially' joining them! Very Happy

And Mountain guide Graham McMahon. Is Admin branching out?
latest report
Hey guys,

Just got back to London today after a week in Val Claret. Have skied in US, NZ and Europe but have to say I think that the last week has to be the best weeks skiing of my life. virtually perfect conditions everyday with a few top ups during the week. Was amazed at just how big the Escape Killy is!!! The other half bought me a helmet as she was worried I was starting to take a few too many risks. Was a great investment but after a couple of unsuccessful attempts managed to land my first 360 (on skis).

Had the last night at Coulier in VC and have to say the feed was great and it was a great bar. The freeride tour happened to be in town so was fun to go out with a few beers on thursday night to wathc it. All in all it was a great week and was extremely sad to leave. Will defo be back in the near future!!!

Stewart, have to say I am massively jealous of you wink
snow report
[quote="davico"]

Quote:
Stewart, have to say I am massively jealous of you wink

Sounds like a normal week in the Espace Killy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Skied with the wife this morning for the first time this season Blush Blush So we skied her favourite runs and stopped for 11's at EV2 coffee shop.
In the afternoon went out on my GS skis & skied with friends which consisted of high speed down the 'Face' in Val D & the Stade de Competition into La Daille Toofy Grin
The weather has been clear most of the day, with occasional clouds, but the wind picked up after lunch (not forecast) which caused some of the higher lifts to close.

Hoping for an England victory in the rugby otherwise i will get loads of stick tomorrow from my french colleagues Confused
snow conditions
Summy & great snow today!! snowHead
ski holidays
The first day of 'spring skiing' due to the constant sunshine & warm temperatures in the village Blush

The snow was very good in the morning but became a little slushy in the afternoon on lower south facing slopes. Nothing to worry about though as we have great snow cover, over 1.5m in the village Blush It's maybe time to think a little more about your route and try and keep off the south facing slopes late in the afternoon.

Met up with a snowHead & friends yesterday at 2.00pm and skied good snow all afternoon Very Happy Initially went up the glacier, but the cable car was closed due to high winds at the top, where it was anything but warm Very Happy Worked on bumps technique down the Laisse for a few runs and then returned to Val Claret via the off piste runs to the side of Double M Blush All really good snow conditions & suprisingly not too busy. We then went to the top of Toviere via the Tufs lift & returned to Le Lac via the Trolles off piste. A great afternoons skiing & smiley faces at the end Very Happy

Looking forward to more sunny days & working on the sun tan/panda eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Sunny, Sunny day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Not too busy, not too crusty in the morning & not too slushy in the afternoon. What more can you ask for Laughing Laughing

The sun tans looking good & the panda eyes are getting more noticable Toofy Grin
latest report
Following a hard mornings skiiing i met up with the wife & friend for a quick ski and a very nice lunch on the Triffollet terrace on the way to La Daille. Worked on the sun tan for a while and soaked up the rays Laughing Laughing
decided that we could not stay there all afternoon so returned to Tignes via the Funival & Tommusses lift. Then skied via Tichot, Grattalu & Grand Huit back to Le Lac & afternoon tea (yummy cakes) at the Chalet du Pain Laughing Laughing

Anything above 2300m was still in very good condition but lower down towards village level it was a little sugary.

A couple of photos

Not exactly busy for mid afternoon Toofy Grin
snow report
The end of another great week in the Espace Killy. Blue skies, warm temperatures and great skiing all week Laughing Laughing
The snow is holding up very well & i can honestly say i have not seen any bare patches or rocks peeping through on the pistes all week Very Happy

There are occasional rocks when accessing some of the off piste areas but these are easily avoided.

Have skied some giant slalom and super giant course this week, on the Les Almes & Lognan pistes, with a couple of Brazilians & 1 Chilian traning for masters races in Italy. Its such good fun when you are the only people on a race stade Very Happy

Had a little ski around this afternoon just to take a few pictures to post. As you can see the snow cover is still brill and there are few people about Very Happy Very Happy

Heres hoping for a little powder next week Laughing Laughing Laughing

snow report
stewart woodward wrote:
Have skied some giant slalom and super giant course this week, on the Les Almes & Lognan pistes, with a couple of Brazilians & 1 Chilian traning for masters races in Italy. Its such good fun when you are the only people on a race stade Very Happy

Sounds perfect. If there are any gates set up at the end of next week I'd love to do some more GS Smile
ski holidays
Hi not sure if I'm breaking any rules by posting for Stewart. Puzzled He's in Italy where its raining and strong winds have closed the lifts Sad Sad

Winters back in Tignes. Toofy Grin We had 16cm of fresh snow overnight in Lac and its still snowing Very Happy Very Happy . More snow, cold temperatures and strong winds are forecast up till Thursday.

Mrs W
ski holidays
Mrs W, Any rules can be broken for the notification of fresh snow Very Happy . Welcome to SnowHEads.....and thank you.
snow report
It stoppd snowing at about 10am and the sun came out, the skiing was great. Very Happy It started snowing again at 1pm and is still snowing. Very Happy The temperature is very cold, and is getting colder tomorrow and Wednesday. I think its going to be the coldest week of the season. rolling eyes

Don't you wish you're going to be here next week Puzzled Puzzled Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Stewart's still in Italy where its been raining alot and too windy to run the lifts Sad Evil or Very Mad

I've posted a couple of pictures onto the media zone, but I don't know how to put them here - sorry rolling eyes

Mrs W
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mrs W - here ya go Very Happy and welcome to snowHead

latest report
Mrs W - Sounds great info we're going to be in Tignes on 25th,hope it keeps snowing. Can't wait to see that snow! Shocked
snow report
my trip there first week in feb seems such along time ago. will be back to tignes / val again for sure
snow conditions
Welcome to snowHeads Mrs W! snowHead Nice to see you here Very Happy Your snow reports are much better than Stewarts wink Toofy Grin
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Michelle, cathy, Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Many thanks

Yesterday it snowed lightly most of the day, although we did get a bright spell mid afternoon.
Today we had some light snow, but unexpectedly its been sunny and blue skies, although cold. I think we're above the weather as I hear its been pretty bad in Val D this morning.
Stewart's back from Italy and has gone out skiing Smile so no doubt he can tell you more about the piste conditions a bit later Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Mrs W
latest report
Mrs W, you are doing such a good job at this that you should consider signing up in your own name snowHead .
snow report
Ray Zorro, I bet she is much nicer on the eye as well Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, aye, and no doubt easier on the eye that either of us as well. I've always thought that my looks were best suited for an internet forum.
snow report
Ray Zorro, I had us down as taking over from Wogan and his lot on Radio 2
ski holidays
Back from my brief trip to Italy where the snow was dire and the weather not much better Sad I think we have been spoilt by the good conditions in Tignes all season and have not really appreciated how bad the conditions are lower down.

The biggest shock coming back to Tignes was how much the temperatures have dropped. The temperatures are lower at the moment than in January Puzzled But the lower temperatures and the new snow over the last few days have given some of the best skiing of the seson Very Happy

I skied around lots of the resort yesterday and only skied on excellent pistes and good off piste Very Happy

Anyone coming for Easter should have great conditions Blush

Glad Mrs W kept you all entertained whilst i was away rolling eyes but i'm back now Toofy Grin (only for a few days) so you will have to get used to my reports again.
snow report
A real shock to the system this morning, -9 degress + wind chill, meant one of the coldest days of the season. All clouds though have a silver lining & our lining is great conditions and very quiet pistes. I can't really explain how good the pisites are but we have some of the best conditions of the season. Very Happy
It was sunny most of the morning, clouded over after lunch & started snowing mid afternoon & is still snowing lightly. Very Happy

Spent all morning out on my GS skis, changed to slalom skis for the afternoon, and spent most of the day on the race stade in Val claret doing various carving turns. Also had a few runs down the moguls which have been prepared for a forth coming bumps competition. Pretty good bumps but tight lines and steep Toofy Grin
ski holidays
stewart woodward, Have you avoided the very high northerly wind that we've had?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy