Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la plagne

Poster: A snowHead
vernz1983 wrote:
boredsurfin, Thanks... thats a great system Very Happy

It's OK but inevitably you get the odd person who doesn't understand!! wink

It won't work if you have a mobile phone or a metal cigarette case in the same pocket rolling eyes

Similarly a pass from The 3 Valleys won't work either Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, theres a small delay in the ski up- gate open thing- my shins can testify!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nadenoodlee, I did say ski up to it and pause! Toofy Grin The one on the 1800 lift has a very low turnstile and I seem to recall getting it tangled round my binding one afternoon Embarassed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And make sure you have it on the correct side of your body. Doing the twist with skis on is nigh on impossible. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
justacey wrote:
And make sure you have it on the correct side of your body. Doing the twist with skis on is nigh on impossible. rolling eyes

There is a quite technical manoeuvre to get the card to work properly if it's in the wrong pocket, it seems to involve an action that would best be described as "humping the card reader", at least I'm assuming that people were doing when I first saw it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FenlandSkier wrote:
it seems to involve an action that would best be described as "humping the card reader",

I tried that in 3V once, years before electronic card readers had been invented. The card reader didn't like it very much.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee wrote:
boredsurfin, theres a small delay in the ski up- gate open thing- my shins can testify!
I have seen skiers wearing forearm and lower leg protectors. This must be why. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Montgenèvre had the same system and that didnt hurt Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
7cms of fresh last night,not much but better than a kick in the ass
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Temps are dropping so hopefully more is on its way snowHead snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone have a link to a site that gives the first/last run of the Vanoise Express? I've looked on the official sites but can't find anything.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
im sure there is a big dump coming shortly,just b4 the 27th of jan would be good snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
its a bit hard to tell but it looks like its been snowing today,might just be cloudy but im fairly confident/hoping it looks like snow
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skanky wrote:
Does anyone have a link to a site that gives the first/last run of the Vanoise Express? I've looked on the official sites but can't find anything.

Not sure about first lift, but this season's piste map says that the Vanoise Express closes at the following times:

16.30 (23 Dec - 5 Jan)
16.45 (6 Jan - 9 Feb)
17.05 (10 Feb - 22 April)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, thanks. Earlier than I hope, but about what I thought.
latest report
When do the lifts start in the morning??
latest report
About 8:30
snow conditions
vernz1983, she only knows that 'cos that's how she got home in the morning. wink
ski holidays
TUT TUT naughty girl!!!!
ski holidays
skanky, nah - Bus was much quicker !
latest report
Nadenoodlee, Where do you usally stay in La Plagna, which village??
latest report
vernz1983, I did a season there- I was in Plagne 1800
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, yeah but going home by ski lift is much cooler (unless someone's left the windows open on the bus).
snow report
Nadenoodlee, were you a rep?

skanky, ski lift at night??
ski holidays
vernz1983, no, at 8:30am.
latest report
vernz1983, oh god no, I was a chalet host, far easier!
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, how easy is that to get into? good pay?
latest report
good pay? nothing in a ski resort is well paid unless you own it! But it was great fun, great experience and I had plenty of money to eat, shop, drink and come home with a few hundred euros saved
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee, So how do you find a job like that?
ski holidays
vernz1983, there are thousands. Natives, applying to Tour Operators directly, websites like chaletsdirect.com its easy, as long as you can cook, clean and smile!
snow report
Nadenoodlee,
Quote:

as long as you can cook, clean and smile!

I guess 2 out of 3 aint bad. wink Heh heh Toofy Grin
latest report
Nadenoodlee, I'll have to look into that for next year. Thanks
snow conditions
vernz1983, stayed plagne centre last year, was great, conditions wern't the best but vast ski area, make sure you get over to les arcs, across VANOISE EXPRESS, theres some great cruising pistes over that side. Laughing

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 20-12-06 13:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Did i really say Valandry?, Whoops Vaniose i meant...... rolling eyes
snow report
Move along....nothing to see here.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 20-12-06 14:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Valandry? who said Valandry?...............EDIT.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
skanky, Blush Blush
latest report
vernz1983,

I'm staying at some apartments but I can't remember the name. Paid £180 each with flights and transfers for the week. Think my mate did it through igluski but it's actually a Crystal holiday - well chuffed at that price 'cos it means I can buy a top pair of boots now!!!
latest report
Specialman, Yeah going with the same company... but ski passes with it for £341... but couldn't resist buying ski boots as the rentals are always rubbish. When are you going? I'm staying at Pierre & Vacances (Belle Plagne) on the 6th Jan.
ski holidays
Same place matey apparently - my mate has all the info but I'm sure that's the one. It's right at the back isn't it, the first place to be hit by an avalanche!!!! Very Happy

We hit Belle Plagne on the 6th too - how spooky is that?

Woz gonna get my passes when we get there, as we've been told we can pick them up a bit cheaper than getting them through the tour company - I've heard that one before!!! Might book them through the la-plagne website to amke sure we have them sorted.

Anyway, well looking forward to it. Just got to find some boarding boots that my missus approves of (price wise I mean so she has more to spend on beauty stuff) but will hit the shops in the next few days to bag some. Fancy some of those Boa-style ones. They look well trick. £150 though is a lot.... might have to address them from Santa!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy