Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la plagne

Poster: A snowHead
when does the season start in la plagne? cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
notverygoodatskiing, .....Paradiski opens December 17th... snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanx very much snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like we could be mountain biking for the first few weeks if the white stuff doesn't come soon!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kieran, .....I haven't looked yet, but I am sure it will arrive in due course.......! Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
its on its way,my mates mate from down the pub said that his brothers mates sister told him that doing the snow dance twice a day brings loads of snow,ive been dancing every morning then just b4 i go to sleep so it will be soon,trust me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm going to Bella Plagne on the 6th Jan so there should be snow by then.... jus webcam sights at the mo rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
vernz1983,

There is snow in Belle Plagne right now?

Looky here

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/En_direct.htm

(Scroll the page down)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin,

Yeah but there isn't masses of snow.

But I'm not going for another month so it should be amazing by then. NehNeh

Who's been and likes it??
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
vernz1983, I went a couple of years ago and I liked it. Its not the wildest for night life but there is some great skiing to be head particularly if you head up to Bellecote glacier and over to Montalbert and Champagny (?). If you really get bored you can always take the link to Les Arcs and ski over there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It looks massive, I'm just worried I'll miss bits out Puzzled been 4/5 years since i been on the snow

Is it hard to navigate??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
halfhand, Mont where? no no no we try and keep that quiet! wink

vernz1983, Navigation is much improved by new signs put up during last season and this years new piste map looks a lot clearer. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin,

Yeah I'm just having a look at the new piste map, very nice indeed.

Lot's of skiing, cant wait snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
what piste map are you looking at,im in belle plagne on the 27/1/07,where are you staying verns
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'll be in Les Coches that week.
snow conditions
how far from bp is that?
latest report
boredsurfin,
Quote:

halfhand, Mont where? no no no we try and keep that quiet!

Me and my big mouth:-D
ski holidays
notverygoodatskiing, I'm stay at the Pierre & Vacances, looks ok. how bout you?

halfhand, why do you try and keep that quiet???
latest report
notverygoodatskiing, http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/
snow conditions
La Plagne is fine- I did a season there- lots to ski, although good luck on the ice down to Les coches in early Jan! Was always a bloody nightmare for most of the season!

Montalwhere NehNeh - go up to Aime 2000 (hideous giant apartment block and a few Club Meds-- think Castle Greyskull) and then down to it that way, lots of nice tree lined easy runs

Champagny- half way down - really good self service restaurant, huge terrace- loads of sun, cant think of the name now but you cant miss it!
ski holidays
Quote:
good luck on the ice down to Les Coches in early Jan! Was always a bloody nightmare for most of the season!

Yes, it was icy the day we skied it from Les Arcs in January last year.

Quote:
Champagny- half way down - really good self service restaurant, huge terrace- loads of sun, cant think of the name now but you cant miss it!

You mean the one between Bozelet & Hari-Kiri?

notverygoodatskiing, other side of L'Arpette and down the mountain. You're closer to the area "heart", we're down amongst the bushes.
ski holidays
skanky, nope - further down than that- if you keep going past that one, on towards champagny!
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee,
Quote:

go up to Aime 2000 (hideous giant apartment block and a few Club Meds-- think Castle Greyskull) and then down to it that way, lots of nice tree lined easy runs

You can follow the nice new tree lined pistes down to the new Chairlift at La Roche which will then bring you back up to the building that Nade refer's to which has recently been made the French equivalent of a historic listed building at Aime 2000 Toofy Grin
latest report
Nadenoodlee, okay, I'll look out for it. Quite liked that one though - huge outdoor area, good views, lots of sun. It was quiet but we were there quite a bit after lunch.
snow conditions
vernz1983, It was a bit of a joke (not a very good one by the looks of it). boredsurfin, will correct me but essentialy the tag under his name gives a clue as to his whereabouts this winter. So boredsurfin would like us all to stay away from Mont' to allow him full and exclusive use of that area of Paradiski. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
It wasn't too bad last December, little cold and hard packed by the afternoon though, ok as long as you didn't fall over wink
snow conditions
halfhand, Very Happy Very Happy Toofy Grin
latest report
Puzzled

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 5-12-06 17:27; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BOrselliers! Thats what its called!
snow conditions
forecast a big drop in temps later this week/next week,its a start of a massive dump,im staying at les constellations and cant bloody wait to get out there. snowHead looked at the piste map cheers,is there any green runs around the area?
snow report
Any good ski schools in bella plagne? Puzzled
ski holidays
BELLE Plagne
snow report
Nadenoodlee, Yeah Belle Plagne... sorry Razz so are there any, i know there is ESF, but I've heard they are over priced?
snow conditions
vernz1983, Could be- im sure someone else will know. Our guests used ESF all the time and were good. I went on a few lessons with ESF myself in 1800 and couldnt fault them.

It will be bloody cold. DONT miss the last bubble up from Bellecote- its a crap/ cold walk at 2am!
latest report
So the nightlife is not so good in Belle? Becuase some people have said that Belle is the best out of all the resorts? Puzzled
snow report
vernz1983, It has the saloon bar. If you're expecting wild nightlife, you're at the wrong resort. THeres plenty of good bars etc but theyre pretty much spread out accross the villages. Planja and Luna in Plagne Centre are good. Cosy and Showtime in Belle Cote, La Mine is a nice little bar in 1800, but I wouldnt go all the way there from Bellecote- bug to get home!
ski holidays
I don't wanna go crazy as I'm going for the skiing and I don't want to be skiing with a hangover.

HOPE THE SNOW COMES SOON Very HappyVery Happy
ski holidays
vernz1983,
Quote:

I'm going for the skiing and I don't want to be skiing with a hangover.

You mean people still actually ski with a clear head? I've heard ot all now.....
snow conditions
vernz1983, is this your first time?
snow report
Nadenoodlee, No I've been a few times, been to Santa Catarina in Italy which was shocking, montgenevre (spelling) that was ok as i was still learning, but Les Deux Alpes was fantastic recommend it. whats your fave resort Nadenoodlee,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy